No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt I'll be playing anything else post-D3 launch.

Comment

Have you completed the main quest?
      Screw Diablo, Skyrim is way better.
      I'm gonna come back to it in the summer and try to get the remaining achievements.
      And when it gets the DLC it will be amazing.

If you want to level up fast (and get Deadric Armour in the process) go to narzlefart mine or whatever it's called (see youtube guides) mine loads of iron ore, smelt it in Whiterun to create iron ingot, plus buy loads of leather straps, then forge iron dagger after iron dagger after iron dagger times infinity. You will notice this will level you up very fast. If you choose to use the perks on smithing, eventually you will be able to create Deadric armour (best armour in the game).

Then buy loads of ebony ore, ingot, and buy some Deadra hearts from the elf dude on the second floor of the hall of attainment at the College of Winterhold. Each item- helmet, gauntlets, requires one Deadra heart. Take the Ebony ingot, and Deadra heart to a forge and create a piece of Deadric armor.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        I doubt I'll be playing anything else post-D3 launch.
        Buy your laptop now then, Diablo isn't out until May.

Comment

I will say that once you have significantly leveled up (my final stats were level- 40, armour- 119, Deadric Sword- 83, Dragonbane Sword- 82) the game REALLY opens up. Effectively you become a dungeon master, most enemies are decapitated with one strike, bears, sabertooths, giants and mammoths are a piece of cake and it feels awesome.

Comment

Yeah, I know all about that mate, this is my 2nd play through. Couldn't finish the last main quest because of bugs which were becoming more and more out of control the deeper I progressed.

The difficulty was easy enough as it was, without having to one-shot anything. I want to try using something other than just spamming 'R' trigger this time around. As well as that the skills levelling was completely imbalanced last time, even on hardest difficulty my heavy armour and block skills were around 35 whilst my two-handed skill was approaching 100. I was literally just windmilling into everything all the time without taking much damage, the only thing holding me back being retarded AI, bugs and non-existent NPCs. This time things are the opposite, level 2 after clearing the intro and the first main dungeon, as well as some wolf/crab grinding, and my skills aren't moving anywhere, I don't want to just spam smithing to boost my level, because as a mage, I'm not going to use that tree very much. I could farm my way to level 25 easy enough by doing that but then my magic skills are going to be ASS and any and all encounters are going to be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              Buy your laptop now then, Diablo isn't out until May.
              Putting my order in on the 27th of April or thereabouts from some Canadian company, hopefully it will get here in time for the 15th.

Comment

Ah, I see where ur coming from.
                I f**kin hate mages, blasting me from miles away with their lightning bolts.
                One handed sword and shield, that's me.

I completed the main quest, the end boss is a piece of cake once you are leveled up.
                I finished with 30/50 achievements, but I'll come back to it in the summer to get more.
                And to tackle some tasty looking dungeons like Mzulft I missed first time.

What bug stopped your from progressing in the main quest?
                I thought I was stuck but then realised I needed to do 'The Jagged Crown' to get the Imperial boss and Ulfric Stormcloak to forge a temporary alliance so you can tackle the dragon boss.

If you can see 'The Jagged Crown' in your open quests list, select it and de-select all others.
                Then head to the location on the map, do the quest, retrieve the crown, take it to Ulfric and bingo- you can continue the main quest.

Comment

Got all the achievments for this....became my second job!

Chuffed as it's the only game that I have got the maximum AP...

Comment

wow someone gave this 1 out of 10.

Two words...

Ban Hammer.

Comment

some very cool mods out now for the pc http://uk.gamespot.com/features/top-...ch-24-6367756/

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                        wow someone gave this 1 out of 10.

Two words...

Ban Hammer.
                        Looking back retrospectively at my previous play I'd have given it a 4 or a 5 considering around one third of my time was wasted, then tip-toeing around trying not to glitch anything, ultimately leading to me actually checking out guides for quests prior to attempting them to make sure I can't screw my game up (which happened anyway).

Easily could have been a 9 for me, and one of the best this gen, without the bugs and ever-looming sense of it actually being an alpha release, let alone a beta. The first and last time I'm buying a Bethesda game within at least the first six months of release.

Comment

That's why you should always play a Bethesda game on PC. If they're not going to fix the bugs you can be damn sure the community is going to!

Comment

Yeah, I know. These games should be left on the PC, saving us the temptation of a console abortion with next to zero support.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Looking back retrospectively at my previous play I'd have given it a 4 or a 5 considering around one third of my time was wasted, then tip-toeing around trying not to glitch anything, ultimately leading to me actually checking out guides for quests prior to attempting them to make sure I can't screw my game up (which happened anyway).

Easily could have been a 9 for me, and one of the best this gen, without the bugs and ever-looming sense of it actually being an alpha release, let alone a beta. The first and last time I'm buying a Bethesda game within at least the first six months of release.
                              Still one out of ten for game of this calibre.........i...dont...think...so.

Comment

A bit of a bump on this. Seems Skyrim is getting Kinect support very soon?

Fus Ro Dah your way to victory using Kinect in Skyrim. In this trailer, learn how to use speech to properly assign your commands.Head over to IGN for more:ht...

Have to say I wasnt bothered but watching it in action in these videos makes me realise the potential ease of use for equipping and map navigation. Just hope it's as accurate with the keyword recognition as the video suggests.

Comment

Working...
                                X