X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIA horsey? I barely got to pat him. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      I fast travelled back to Whiterun, checked the stables and found horsey was absent.

I wonder if he was shot as he ran into the sunset.
      Waste of money horses, mine flew back to the stables and its brain exploded, id quite like some sort of horse based spells like a revive spell, or a flame shield so you can have some sort of flaming zombie horse that dosent die at the first sign of a mud crab.

Comment

So, you want some sort of Horse Armour? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          id quite like some sort of horse based spells like a revive spell
          This game does have a revive spell, for everything, it's called 'Reloading a previous save file', it's such an immersive experience.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            So, you want some sort of Horse Armour? ;-)
            Lol I tried not to use the term "horse armour" in my post as oblivions controversial dlc dident actually armour your horse, they should of called it horse bling.

Comment

I still find it amazing how a dead horse can resist reanimation & yet they do. People/monsters absolutely fine, ping instazombie but horses oh nooo, even my strongest spells & the things just lay there. Still horses make pretty good shock absorbers when you go rock climbing with them, they may be good at mountaineering but they cant survive long drops for ****, still as long as it's their legs that buckle & not mine as it slams into the ground im ok with it, i have that much cash now that 1000 gold shock absorbers are the only way to travel.
              Last edited by importaku; 25-01-2012, 14:51.

Comment

Hehe.

Just got another horse at Windhelm stables. I had it not even a minute and a dragon chased it into the snowy hills burning its bum all the way. RIP. Having the worst horse luck.

1000 gold here gets you a horse snuff show.

Comment

Reading all this has just made me realise that my horse has gone. I stopped playing for a few weeks waiting for a patch and it's just occurred to me that I no longer have a horse. I suspect he's gone that way of Lydia (I don't know where she is either). hoolak you are having seriously bad luck. At least my horse lasted for several game hours.

Comment

I think I had a horse once but it turned on me shortly after purchasing it due to a melee ****-storm it got involved with. Stupid ****.

I only ever bother with strays from now on when I need to cart gear back home, and even that's more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

I only experienced one horse-related glitch when, on being clubbed over the head by a giant, she suddenly shot up hundreds of feet into the sky never to be seen again. I like to think the Gods had special plans for her though and that she's still up there doing her thing...

But I was partnered with the beautiful

Shadowmere

for most of the game who's as reliable in battle as any NPC. She can take on low to mid level dragons single-hoofedly (haha get it? ) and win and thankfully, in my experience at least, is glitch-free. Unlike in

Oblivion, if killed she won't come back from the dead, but is blessed with great health which self-regenerates.

Comment

Freaky thing has just happened...

Ok, it's been many a horse-less quest and hike since my second horse death (see a few posts back) and I'm now on my way to finish an errand for someone at Azura Shine.

I have just fast travelled there and as the area is loaded, instantly, my view is briefly blocked by something and then gone. Was it a beastly? I quickly turn around to look behind me and see something lying in a heap on the floor. It's only my dead frickin horse!

Why after all that time am I being taunted now? The whole thing has a Godfather 1 vibe to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          I only experienced one horse-related glitch when, on being clubbed over the head by a giant, she suddenly shot up hundreds of feet into the sky never to be seen again. I like to think the Gods had special plans for her though and that she's still up there doing her thing...

But I was partnered with the beautiful

Shadowmere

for most of the game who's as reliable in battle as any NPC. She can take on low to mid level dragons single-hoofedly (haha get it? ) and win and thankfully, in my experience at least, is glitch-free. Unlike in

Oblivion, if killed she won't come back from the dead, but is blessed with great health which self-regenerates.
                          Hmm interesting, wonder if that horse could survive mountain jumps better than my previous shock absorbers. May have to track it down & give it a try.

LOL Hoolak it's now following you like a horror film, reminding you at every turn. Would be so funny if it appears somewhere else when you fast travel. A new extra quest, Journey of the dead horse
                          Last edited by importaku; 26-01-2012, 21:05.

Comment

Not tried mountain jumps with her, but she should survive greater falls and tumbles. You get given her roughly midway through the

Dark Brotherhood questline

, if you're that far you'll find her outside the entrance to the

original Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary

Comment

About the only thing that kills her is long drops unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                About the only thing that kills her is long drops unfortunately.
                                Yup, I can confirm that

Comment

Working...
                                X