No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't blame the game too much. Horses on the whole are fairly rubbish animals anyway. Good for gymkana, pets for rich girls, and running fast in straight lines. Taste awful.

Comment

I always enjoy using mounts but feel those in Skyrim are a step backwards from Oblivion's which had different strengths and weaknesses depending on breed. Also dislike how the perspective is forced into third person view whenever you straddle your mount because, if you're play in first person, it really breaks the suspension of disbelief, as do all those silly third person killing animations. Wish there was an option to turn them off and play 100% in first person.

Comment

The horse you get

from the Dark Brotherhood questline is fairly hardcore, I called him Derek

Comment

Still beavering away at this and finally moved onto some of the Dark Brotherhood stuff. Through them I have come across a huge underground cavern called

Blackreach

. It is incredible, totally blew me away.

Comment

ah **** , I've got a game breaking bug. I cannot learn the shout I need at the throat of the world. It just won't do anything.

I suspect it is because I visited there with an anti-grav horse prior to that mission

Comment

I'm up to 90 on the enchanting, so close to being able to enchant a set of gear that will grant me free spellcasting for two spell schools! Obviously one school will be destruction, but I'm not sure about the other yet. I might do restoration so I can hold down a ward in one hand as my mage is very weak (130 health at level 30). As an aside, when you hear the glass breaking noise I assume the ward is used up and you have to release and recast right?

What 2 schools would you choose to have zero cost and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                I'm up to 90 on the enchanting, so close to being able to enchant a set of gear that will grant me free spellcasting for two spell schools! Obviously one school will be destruction, but I'm not sure about the other yet. I might do restoration so I can hold down a ward in one hand as my mage is very weak (130 health at level 30). As an aside, when you hear the glass breaking noise I assume the ward is used up and you have to release and recast right?

What 2 schools would you choose to have zero cost and why?
                Destruction obviously & Conjuration - I love having summoned beings distract the enemies

Comment

Nearly managed it last night, up to 91 enchanting. Though I actually ran out of items to enchant and had to go storm a fort and murder it's unruly inhabitants to get more clothes and weapons to enchant. I ended up having to walk as I was overburdened, do you know how long it takes to walk from the town gate to the shop? Longer than it sounds!

Is there an enchantment that can fortify carry weight? That would help my weakling carry more loot. Finally does anyone know a shop that sells clothes or robes rather than armour? As I'm going for pure mage I don't want to wear light armour, and all the robes sold in Winterhelm are already enchanted, so I need new garb for a blank slate, any ideas?

Comment

There is an enchantment to increase your weight carrying capacity. I can't remember what item you need to disenchant in order to learn the enchantment (I think it's a generic item found in stores) but sadly you cannot disenchant the

Thieve's Guild Armour

which also increases your weight allowance.

Comment

some cool mods out for the pc.....there is one i have not tried yet but sounds good where you can convert 10 dragon souls to a skill point

Comment

Got a rather nice mod myself that uses the Fus Ro Dah shout from the promotional material in the game, rather than the ****ty one that seems to have been used in its place for whatever reason.

Quite like the killable children one too :whistles:

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                          Nearly managed it last night, up to 91 enchanting. Though I actually ran out of items to enchant and had to go storm a fort and murder it's unruly inhabitants to get more clothes and weapons to enchant. I ended up having to walk as I was overburdened, do you know how long it takes to walk from the town gate to the shop? Longer than it sounds!
                          Just smith a load of iron daggers - you'll find your bottleneck is then soul gems.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            Just smith a load of iron daggers - you'll find your bottleneck is then soul gems.
                            I must admit being a mage with no need of weapons or armour i've completely overlooked the smithing option for equipment. I assume I need to buy/mine/smelt a bunch of Iron Ingots and knock out a bunch from there. Shame Winterhelm (my best shopping area for gems) has no smithy!

Comment

Iron ingots and leather strips.

Comment

And if you're short of gold you should enchant all your forged gear. It's a bit of a chore, collecting ingots and leather and soul gems and running back and forth between a forge, enchantment lab and trader, but it turns a tidy profit which is very useful during the early stages of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X