No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's over. Finally hit the Platinum after such a long time. In total it took ball park 120 hours to hit it. Despite being renowned as a hero I leave my character on the island of Solstheim looking out at the coastline. Out there in the lands of Skyrim she leaves a kingdom free of world threat but also a husband she doesn't love, two young children she adopted but abandoned in an empty blood stained house without food, nine cities with a price on her head and several citizens in desperate need that she stole from and will never aid. This is her legend, both a tyrant and a saviour.

So, she stands on the shore looking out. She wears no pants, she needs no pants, she is Dragonborn.

Comment

Very late to the party. On PC using an xbox controller (as I hate keyboard and mouse controls) and this is pretty much as I expected - a polished good looking Oblivion.

I'm about 30 hours in, haven't done many main quests as yet, level 19 been exploring, kicking arse and having fun. Took down my first dragon along with my house carl Lydia which was great fun. My only downer so far is that I cannot seem to get a house to store all my ****. I'm a serial hoarder in RPGs and hate getting rid of stuff just in case. Tyring to get 5k cash is proving difficult. Other than that I can see me spending another 100-200 hours on this bad boy.

Comment

^Enjoy.

I played Skyrim for 5-6 hrs a day for SIX MONTHS! No BS.

I'm glad ES games don't come around very often, or I'd be brain dead by this point.

And no I will not be getting ESO, that's not a real ES game.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
          ^Enjoy.

I played Skyrim for 5-6 hrs a day for SIX MONTHS! No BS.

I'm glad ES games don't come around very often, or I'd be brain dead by this point.

And no I will not be getting ESO, that's not a real ES game.
          I'm as full on as anyone when it comes to elder scrolls(played oblivion for 200 hours and skyrim for over 100), and TESO is a fine game, and certainly an elder scrolls title...bugs and all!

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
            I'm as full on as anyone when it comes to elder scrolls(played oblivion for 200 hours and skyrim for over 100), and TESO is a fine game, and certainly an elder scrolls title...bugs and all!
            I'm sure it is a fine game but for me when I play a new ES game, I want a step up in graphics, gameplay mechanics, etc..
            ESO is not that.
            It's Skyrim as an MMO.

Comment

I'm sure it is a fine game but for me when I play a new ES game, I want a step up in graphics, gameplay mechanics, etc..
              ESO is not that.
              It's Skyrim as an MMO.
              Skyrim wasnt all that different from oblivion, but i know what you mean.

Its worth checking out though man, even the voice cast makes a return.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito

Good to hear they got him back.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Good to hear they got him back.[/COLOR]
                  Ahahaha yeah, but he's so familiar it would be weird without him.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                    Skyrim wasnt all that different from oblivion, but i know what you mean.

I might do if (being an xbox gayer) I didn't have to (probably) pay an additional subscription.

Comment

I might do if (being an xbox gayer) I didn't have to (probably) pay an additional subscription.
                      Yeah you would. And Xbox One players are on different servers to PC and those are on different servers to PS4 etc.

Comment

Well I'm about 120 hours in I reckon, level 44 and haven't really started the main quest yet. This game is driving me bananas, but in a good way. I go to do a quest and get it off my list, and on the way I find some dungeon, keep etc., Hmm what's in here?, 2 hours later I haven't achieved what I set out to achieve and end up with more objectives!!! With Dawnguard and Dragonborn still completely untouched I reckon I've got at least another 100 hours to go.

This game is head and shoulders above Oblivion, just a million little things make it much more enjoyable to me. Having said that there are still loads of bugs, but I can forgive them so far.

One really, really annoying thing though is some of the drunks/beggars have 2 different voices, for different scripts.Things like that really kill the immersion. I do love the Arnie voices though

Comment

I got to about the same amount of time and had to take a break. The amount of content in this game is beyond insane, especially if you don't fast travel (as I don't). It is almost frustrating the amount of new stuff you find that you want to explore, it feels like it's impossible to get anything done!

Looking forward to getting back into it. Like yourself I haven't even touched the expansions yet, or completed the main questline.

It's a superb game.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can play the console version. Modding (fixing) the PC version highlights just how much of a joke it actually is.

Comment

Just re-brought Skyrim on Xbox 360 last week & put about 5 hours into it. I'm in love all over again!

Although anything can look better on a more powerful PC, I don't see why anyone can't play the console versions. Never had a problem with Oblivion or Skyrim, despite having an all singing MacBook Pro that's boot camped with Windows 7 for gaming.

Comment

It's not a matter of just looking better, having quests that actually work properly helps with immersion.

I'm playing with the Requiem overhaul...

Coupled with pretty much all of these...

On top of that I've optimised all of the textures and sounds, replaced the meshes, and patched most of the memory issues. It's actually somewhat close to what was probably initially intended.

Comment

Working...
                                X