No announcement yet.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point in case about the motion plus controls being unworkable in the game: the eyes above doors. You're supposed to swing the sword in a circle to make the eyes 'dizzy'. The fact that it isn't capable of registering a fast enough circle to actually make it believable (the slowest of circles will make them dizzy) shows that they should have just removed this entirely if they couldn't get it to work. Same goes for all the controls.

Also, why can't you just z-target to fire the slingshot etc anymore? Bull****.

Comment

Noobish, this is too absurd.

What speed of rotation would you say is 'believable' in terms of making a completely made-up enemy dizzy? What is the rotational benchmark you require to make this fantasy feel real? Whatever it might be, it doesn't count. This world is made up.

And by 'unworkable', are you saying you found it impossible to open those doors? Are you able to control the speed of movement of your hands?

Comment

That statement is nonsensical. Maybe you should look up 'suspension of disbelief'.

By 'unworkable' I mean they could not get the controls to work to the desired effect. i.e. registering a believeable dizzying motion of the sword. I'm struggling to remember which game now (it may have been TP), but this puzzle has been done before, and it worked fine and looked realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          That statement is nonsensical. Maybe you should look up 'suspension of disbelief'.

By 'unworkable' I mean they could not get the controls to work to the desired effect. i.e. registering a believeable dizzying motion of the sword. I'm struggling to remember which game now (it may have been TP), but this puzzle has been done before, and it worked fine and looked realistic.
          I never had any trouble with 'suspension of disbelief' when i was simply hitting buttons on pads for the last 20 years.

A slightly slow rotation wont be enough to break it now.

Comment

I managed to hypnotize the doors just fine and they opened to my sword like bey-hatches. I don't expect a fantasy game to conform to my own expectations of what is 'believable', particularly when I'm playing a magical elf-like being expected to hypnotize a magical door. If you do, well...you really shouldn't.

Comment

Wait until you get to the last boss. Requires precision motion control and fast reactions.

Comment

D'ya know, though, why should a disembodied eye get dizzy? It has no ears, and so no sense of balance. I find the whole thing highly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                  I managed to hypnotize the doors just fine and they opened to my sword like bey-hatches. I don't expect a fantasy game to conform to my own expectations of what is 'believable', particularly when I'm playing a magical elf-like being expected to hypnotize a magical door. If you do, well...you really shouldn't.
                  I also regularly stop to drink tea/coffee while playing games, they also never break my 'suspension of disbelief'.

Comment

Yet riding above the clouds and running across a floating land is not? ;P

Comment

I think some of you might not understand what suspension of disbelief is. It's like when people say 'why do you have a problem with Superman disguising himself by putting on some glasses, but not with his ability to fly?' Well, dumbass, I'll tell you why - because his ability to fly was something I was asked to suspend my disbelief about when entering the world of Superman. It's basically the whole point of the story. The concept of everybody else in the world being super-retarded and being unable to recognise a man because he has glasses on, ISN'T. It seems like some of you think that 'made up' = no rules! No. That's not how fiction works.

Comment

Nah, we know exactly what you mean. It's just no fun otherwise.

Comment

So as soon as you pick up the wiimote, you should be ok with any motion controls that you are tasked with.

Comment

Superman wears glasses?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                              Point in case about the motion plus controls being unworkable in the game: the eyes above doors. You're supposed to swing the sword in a circle to make the eyes 'dizzy'. The fact that it isn't capable of registering a fast enough circle to actually make it believable (the slowest of circles will make them dizzy) shows that they should have just removed this entirely if they couldn't get it to work. Same goes for all the controls.
                              That's about as retarded as complaining why the Koopas run off the platforms to their deaths in Mario games.

Though I wouldn't expect anything less than the most absurd from you.
                              Last edited by Guts; 02-11-2012, 20:36.

Comment

No it isn't.

Anybody with a brain in their head would realise that it would be a much more logical effect for the eyes to get dizzy from a fast circular motion. I can only assume that the reason they didn't do this is because they couldn't. Hence the game is made worse because of the deficiencies of the technology. Or do you get dizzy by turning in very slow circles?

Comment

Working...
                                X