No announcement yet.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just seems a massive step backwards visually, wind waker seems miles ahead still, and the galaxy games put this to shame too. Just seems like Ninty slapped some graphics on as an after thought to the rest of the game? Or maybe im just old and grumpy .
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-12-2012, 15:08.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the visuals either. Too wishy-washy and pastelly for my liking ... though someone suggested the colours are better when not using component.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        It just seems a massive step backwards visually, wind waker seems miles ahead still, and the galaxy games put this to shame too. Just seems like Ninty slapped some graphics on as an after thought to the rest of the game? Or maybe im just old and grumpy .
        The style is certainly subjective but the visuals are bright and vivid on my CRT with some lovely locations. I like the style myself as much as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          The style is certainly subjective but the visuals are bright and vivid on my CRT with some lovely locations. I like the style myself as much as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
          Might it have something to do with component? sometimes it just looks like a jagged blurry mess, which i know is not how it should look, very strange.

Immensely enjoying it however, so its less of an issue the more i play, but still always noticeable.

Comment

To be honest, even on my CRT there is little in the way of anti aliasing. It isn't a game full of smooth edges which is a bit of a shame.

Comment

First WiiU zelda game Legend Of Zelda HD collection?

Wind waker, Twilight princess, Skward sword.......in HD.

Now theres a game that would have me rushing to buy a WiiU.

Comment

Just because they are in HD? Are you trying to be shallow on purpose?

Wind Water w@s universally slated because it had cell shading

the other games are slated for having '****' motion controls...

**** it.

Comment

No. It is just nice to play them in a native resolution on a new TV. For someone like myself it is less of a draw as I have a CRT. For others, the Zelda games don't look half as good as they should on a HDTV.

Wind Waker was not slated at all, it was just knee jerk. Skyward Sword was largely praised for its motion control. Twilight Princess certainly had tacked on control but it was again well received.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Just because they are in HD? Are you trying to be shallow on purpose?

Wind Water w@s universally slated because it had cell shading

the other games are slated for having '****' motion controls...

**** it.
                    Wanting 3 classic zelda's in HD... shallow?

And i hardly think they were universally slated, besides the fact that twilight wouldnt need to have motion controls as it was also a gamecube release.

BUT If i'm shallow for wanting zelda in HD then i'm guilty punishable by the harshest method.

What a weird little outburst lol...

Comment

It really wasn't knee jerk. It was ****ing slated hard for its cartooniness. Not many people gave it a chance. I remember arguing vehemently with them. I'm kind of glad I'm yet to play SS properly. I'm lost for words when trying to get my point across to people now. I blame this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                        Wanting 3 classic zelda's in HD... shallow?

And i hardly think they were universally slated, besides the fact that twilight wouldnt need to have motion controls as it was also a gamecube release.

BUT If i'm shallow for wanting zelda in HD then i'm guilty punishable by the harshest method.

What a weird little outburst lol...

shallow if you're holding back from playing them at all. If you're REPLAYING THEM then good sport.

It's like me not playing stuff that isn't 60fps vsync 3D 48fps Peter Jackson scrotum hairs on top.

Comment

Funny, so many Zelda fans I know adore Wind Waker.

Comment

Wind waker is the best zelda from the GC/Wii era imo.

I was mesmerized by it when i got the jap copy upon release.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              It really wasn't knee jerk. It was ****ing slated hard for its cartooniness. Not many people gave it a chance. I remember arguing vehemently with them. I'm kind of glad I'm yet to play SS properly. I'm lost for words when trying to get my point across to people now. I blame this forum.
                              I absolutely adored wind wakers graphics, thats how you do colourful, especially out on the high seas!. Everything just seemed so solid and bright and made the game a wonderful place to play in. Never did the last re-tread quests to finish it off, but i was pretty content with what i did so wasn't that bothered.

I still fire it up every now and then, sneak up on the piggies, and just chuck them in the sea , though i still run away from the snot nosed boy

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                                Wind waker is the best zelda from the GC/Wii era imo.

I was mesmerized by it when i got the jap copy upon release.
                                Same. And playing it again on Dolphin blew me away. It could be the best looking and most charming game I've played.

I'd love a new Zelda with a similar look.

Comment

Working...
                                X