No announcement yet.

Project Gotham Racing 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollocks, if someone is willing to put in the hours, they should get something to show for it.

People who only play the game online can play against each other, no?

Comment

I think you missed my point. I'm not saying that there should not be an offline reward where by you get all of the cars for all of the tracks, but it ought to be like Moto GP where if you play against somebody who has all the bikes/tracks you get to use them as well.

How is it fair that some one who has taken the time to unlock the F50 or Speed 12 (which I guess takes a lot of time/skill to do), learning the tracks backwards/forwards/sideways in the process, can then use a F50 against a scooter or whatever else you start with?

I think there is a lot of people who didn't unlock the top cars with PGR, and certainly with the game only just out I think that just a handful of people will have unlocked these cars already, meaning that they can crush the opposition - making playing on live boring - who likes getting beat because the other guy had such a better car.

I would prefer it if they had locked some of the car colours away on live until you unlocked the car in the offline challenge, that way the show offs could still show off.

And don't get me started on the people who will use the fully unlocked save game online (offline is ok by me).

Comment

I understood you point But, like with Moto GP's custom bikes, if one is willing to put effort into it then they deserve to be ahead of the pack... Superkully put it well...

Originally posted by superkully
        Bollocks, if someone is willing to put in the hours, they should get something to show for it.

8)

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
          I understood you point But, like with Moto GP's custom bikes, if one is willing to put effort into it then they deserve to be ahead of the pack... Superkully put it well...

Originally posted by superkully

8)
          But surely they will be ahead of the pack because they have put the effort in regardless of improved stats?

or are you saying that you can only beat newbies because you have a better car/bike/stats?

Comment

Of course, if you race against people who want a fair race there is nothing to stop everyone agreeing to sticking to the same cars. Just because someone who has unlocked it can use the Cerbera or whatever, doesn't mean they have to.

Plus, on the track front, anyone can join a game if the server has the track unlocked, and you get to keep it if you win the online race (so if you have a mate who has unlocked it talk nicely into letting you cross the finish line first once).

Comment

Thing is, is that whilst you do have to unlock carst theres already a few unlocked in each class, even the highest class so its not all bad.
              I must say this game is utterly addictive, i was on till 3.30 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker
                or are you saying that you can only beat newbies because you have a better car/bike/stats?
                Heh, yea - because if I do have a better car/bike/stats then I'm obviously better anyway

Comment

Just limit the class when you host, you can even limit it so everyone has to race using the same car - that's kinda dull though.

Limiting the class is where it's at, getting the Enzo or whatever does not take a long time - what, a couple of hours offline play to get 22 tokens?

As for the unlockables, it's only realy the Delfino in Super Cars and the Cerberra in Ultimate that have any real advantage over the others in the class. The Delfino is way too powerful for it's class, and most people I've played with don't use it unless everyone else has unlocked it.

I guess it all depends on who you play with - I don't see how anyone can get any satisfaction in winning if their car is twice as good as the rest of the field. If that's what's happening then just join another game.

Comment

Help I don't like it. Visually as a still image its amazing. The lighting and models are beyond belief. But the game just isn't 100% smooth :/. The handling model reminds me of Sega GT and where are the ludacrous huge slides and deft controls??

Its like they have killed the insane Kudos in favour of driving better , making it way more sim than arcade. I luv PGR because I can hop in a Ferrari drive like a tw@t and get loads of kudos . This element for me seems to be missing from PGR2.

I agree its far more realistic handling, my comparison to Sega GT was based on pulling the hand brake which mearly seems to drop & lock the revs and unsettle the backend. Which Sega GT tries to do and struggles. You could argue this is more realistic and it may well be. Having pulled a few hand brake turns in my time I tend to be facing the other way using the gas to steer/pull myself the other way. In PGR it was just a kudos getter to pull it up when ever and I liked that (it was fun).

I'm not gonna send it back just* yet as I am one of the biggest PGR fanboys ever! But still first impressions aren't that great.

*I am also the person who hated halo the first time I played it , 1 hour later I luved it to pieces!

Edit: Do I get the record for most pointless Smileys used Ever??

Comment

I didnt like it at first either but I stuck with it and once I got used to the handling, and better at power sliding round corners (tap the button dont hold it) I'm loving it now.

Its got some of the best Xbox live features yet, being able to watch other peoples ghosts is awesome, great for tips on beating times. Also playing solo while signed in shows your time on the Live leaderboard after your race....quality.

I understand tankplankers point but it's easily solved by only playing games that has class limits, the best games I have had so far were in the Subaru/Skyline/Lancer class (cant remember the name)

One thing I would have liked would be the ability to trade in your tokens for cars online tough, but other than that its **** hot.

Comment

like it a lot. have to agree about kudos stacking though, seemed a lot easier to get a whole bunch in the original PGR... not that i'm complaining or anything.

pwnz game

Comment

Got this today from Littlewoods offer

Loving it so far

AI is much better than in demo, huge fun - even the 4x4 things was a good laugh.

30fps is defi noticable tho but doesnt really detract from game as a whole.

One question i have. If i have peeps online ingame, how can i join the server they are on ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
                            One question i have. If i have peeps online ingame, how can i join the server they are on ?????
                            press Y to check the Live options. Look at your friends list, if you have friends available to join you just highlight them and press A, if there are spare slots in the session for another player then there should be a "join your friend" option. I think you can also quick jump into their games too if its available (it'll actually say "press Y to quick jump" or something like that).

Comment

Been playing this all evening, and it's ****ing superb. All I could have wished for (being a total MSR and PGR fanboy!). Bit bloody hard though, I managed gold or silver medals on everything in PGR1 but some of the platinums on PGR2 seem impossible All the niggles with the demo that worried me a bit are ironed out, and the kudos challenge level structure isn't as much of a change as I had anticipated. And it's amazing the way seeing your time/kudos scores ranked against everyone else in the world spurs you on to replay levels over and over!

Shame about the save game floating about imo - ok if you want to muck about, but people are blatantly using it for the weekly/monthly/all-time ghost challenge levels Either that, or some people haven't had a minutes sleep from playing this all day every day since it came out, to have unlocked the Cerbera Speed 12 already!

Comment

I've got a gripe.

Don't you hate when there are a pack of cars in front of you online and you cant see the corner coming up because of all the players names above their cars? dont know how many times I've went straight into a wall coz i can't see where the hell I've to start turning.

Other than that I'm loving it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X