Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS004
    hmm

I'm purely trying to get platinums, and it is very very hard, I could waltz through it getting silvers, but I don't really want to do that. The trouble is, there is a huge jump in skill needed from obtaining silver to platinum. A bit too much of a jump imo.

As for the understeer bug, I haven't been reading about it. All I can do is pass comment on what has happened to me. It's not so much understeer, it's more like the controller doesn't turn the car in the direction you are pushing the stick...As though there is a failure with the controller maping every now and again. I certainly aint imagining it
    hmm - check the definition of understeer

Comment

No sound or steering bugs for me or at least, none that ive noticed anyway.
      Even though the first few races on each track are easy i find theyre usefull to find your best racing line. On one track i had alot of trouble so i downloaded the top ghost to see how they raced it. Helped me somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
        hmm - check the definition of understeer
        He gets about half of what he should out of it, like only pushing the stick a little when it is actually pushed to the max. So, the car behaves like it understeers, going around a larger arc around the corner - like the front wheels have lost traction - than expected.

Hence the mention of understeer

Comment

I've had numerous music bits skipping, for no reason. Which is annoying.

But otherwise, it's a pretty decent game, and different enough from PGR to warrent a purchase. Just a shame I don't have broadband.

Comment

had a glitch earlier... music skips, but then racing on the chicago track (figure of 8 ) going over the bridge the entire left hand side of the city disappeared for 3/4 second.

Comment

The sooner they patch the music glitch the better. Its really starting to annoy me now.
              ft:
              Chippo

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy
                The sooner they patch the music glitch the better. Its really starting to annoy me now.
                ft:
                Chippo
                I thought it was just me with this problem, and it is fecking annoying especially on certain courses.

Are BC releasing a patch or is that just speculation?

Comment

Well my copy of PGR2 has finally arrived....
                  I'll be seeing you all on Live as of tomorrow (as due to GF throwing a wobbler I wont be on Live tonight!!)
                  Work on Wednesday is going to be a VERY long day.......

Comment

Yea I am only speculating. But surely bizarre must know about this problem and be working on a fix. After all Capcom fixed the sound issue in Capcom vs SNK2.

Chippo

Comment

Been playing up to the American Muscle class and so far the cars in the Pacific Muscle class has been the best for me. The thing is, I was looking at the rankings from the kudos boards last night and I noticed that the Lancer Evolution VII was tanning the Skyline GT-R on the score boards. I'm wondering why this is the case as the Skyline is statistically better than the Lan Evo by one point in power sliding and handling or are the rankings just littered with Lan Evo fanboys?

Comment

I'm up to the American Muscle class as well, kinda lost interest as I'm not great with these type of overpowered speed boats. I guess they require some skill to control. Time for some steel medals I think.

You tend to find that the car in the top 10 is the one to use, I doubt anybody in the top ten would be there if they where picking a car based on fanboy basis alone.

Comment

I would recomend trying to finish it on silver as you get access the the porsche 911 gt1 which is fantastic especially round nuremburg. I`ve finished all of single player now on golds and got the mercedes clk-gtr for golds but i don`t find it a patch on the gt1 personally. Highly recommend you try for silvers though.

Comment

The "muscle" cars really try my patience, they just aren't compatible with my style of driving - I end up going all over the place, and when I pick the more modern one with better handling, its just too slow to keep up (on silver too)

I'm at the point where I'll give up if I have to retry to get silvers - forcing you to use the fastest car that handles like a little speedboat on a very choppy sea for all of the inital races in the series is pathetic.

May be its just me.

All the other medals up to this point I got straight throught, bar three, they took me max 3 retrys (I spent 8 hours for 70 something medals). Obviouslty I'm going through on silvers first so I get the best cars unlocked for live, the expert ones I can do more slowly.

Can you not unlock the GT1 with just Kudos Tokens?

Comment

Tip for the muscle car series is don`t be heavy on the throttle when coming out of the corner or the back end will just get get away from you. Try to gradually squeeze the throttle coming out of the bend and you`ll find you will have far better control of the car.

Comment

I loved the muscle cars !!!

Arse end permanently out, found that championship really easy on silver.

Im in a Ferarri 575 and my god its a boring car - i defi will not be buying one of them when i replace the 106

The 350 modena was

Damm i love this game, clocked 12 hours so far - many online - thats more time than i put into Zelda + Metroid together :O :O

Comment

Working...
                                X