• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See PGR2 is crap theres no boats....

Comment

There is on stockhom.

Comment

Having spent a lot of time on this game, I have to admit i prefer the first title. PGR 2 feels more like what i would class as a proper racer and certainly it is required for a large degree of the platinums. Its just lost that ability to take your car and wrap it round corners, replacing it with a more calculating style of driving that at times feels like GT. Added to that the removal of the ability to set your own goals and it seems more like PGR lite. Its still fun, its still addictive, but for pure pwersliding fun I cant help but feel i`ll visit the previous version over this.

Comment

Originally posted by delb3k
          Having spent a lot of time on this game, I have to admit i prefer the first title. PGR 2 feels more like what i would class as a proper racer and certainly it is required for a large degree of the platinums. Its just lost that ability to take your car and wrap it round corners, replacing it with a more calculating style of driving that at times feels like GT. Added to that the removal of the ability to set your own goals and it seems more like PGR lite. Its still fun, its still addictive, but for pure pwersliding fun I cant help but feel i`ll visit the previous version over this.
          Theres definitely something in that criticism.Kudos has been largely sidelined in this iteration. It is very much a racer at heart now. Thankfully its the best racer i've ever played.

Comment

My main problem is that the initial ethos of the PGR series was about powsliding. I have GT3 which is a good enough serious racer for my needs, PGR 2 was bought for the fun aspect of driving. As I said before, its still fun and I`ve had some great races, but for the platinums its all about the first corner. Get round the first corner well and close to the leader and you got a good chance, do not and restart every time. Is this really the sign of a good serious racer?
            Either ways its not a bad game, curiously addictive, but not as good serious racer as GT3, but not as fun as the origional PGR.

Comment

not as good serious racer as GT3, but not as fun as the origional PGR.
              LMAO you could give GT3 AI a 10 minute headstart and you would still thrash them. A good racer offers a challenge and GT3 simply does not and suffers cause of it. PGR 1 and 2 offer a decent challenge and therefore i would class them as a better race.

Comment

Fair enough, in all honesty I dont find the AI in PGR 1 or 2 challenging either, its not that hard to get platinums on the street races or 1 on 1`s as long as your car is the same as the leaders and your first corner keeps you in touch. If you make a mistake then your punished, but that can also happen in GT3 if your not too careful. The cone challenges can be tough but only because the platinums demand no missed gates at all. My main point was that for the expieriance of driving seriously I preferred GT3 as that was a more realistic racer. Thats not something I normally associate with PGR, but fair enough, if you prefer it thats fine. At the end of the day I still enjoy it, its just changed its focus and I dont think I like it as much, thats about it really.

Comment

Fair enough, in all honesty I dont find the AI in PGR 1 or 2 challenging either, its not that hard to get platinums on the street races or 1 on 1`s as long as your car is the same as the leaders and your first corner keeps you in touch. If you make a mistake then your punished, but that can also happen in GT3 if your not too careful. The cone challenges can be tough but only because the platinums demand no missed gates at all. My main point was that for the expieriance of driving seriously I preferred GT3 as that was a more realistic racer. Thats not something I normally associate with PGR, but fair enough, if you prefer it thats fine. At the end of the day I still enjoy it, its just changed its focus and I dont think I like it as much, thats about it really.
                  Surely PGR2 is more realistic, with all the sounds of the car being accurate, and the almost inch-perfect mapped locations?

I like PGR2, it has variety, many many options (LIVE, different modes of play, system link etc), and is keeping me entertained for ages.

Comment

Well, I've clocked in about ten hours on this, and I absolutely love it. The Live integration is about the best I've ever seen, and I hope it is a sign of things to come. I love the visuals, the sound effects, the tight control, and the sheer enormity of cities and tracks. Just incredible.

For the moment I've decided to stay offline and strictly play through the circuits. I want to learn the cars as well as I can, and unlock as many as I can, before I go online and get my ass handed to me on a regular basis. I'm not a very good racing game player, but this is hitting me just right. I have golds through the first few chapters, and steels for a few beyond just to see what's coming. I can't wait to get even deeper into it. Love it.

Comment

But of course you need a good first bend on platinum. It is the very hardest of 5 settings and therfore you would obviously need a near perfect run to win the race. That IS real racing. You ever seen an F1 driver spin out on the first bend and then be in the lead again by the third lap?

In Gold mistakes can still be rectified if you want a smidgen of leeway.

Comment

I love this game, nearly clocked 30 hours i think.

However its not as good as GT3 as a sim type. Its not as good as PGR1 as a powerslider.

But its better than just about all other car games around, maybe only GT3 is better for me.

I dont rate the AI tbh, its not as bad as GT3 for on rails or as frustrating as PGR was, but i find that as long as i nail the cars on the first few corners thats it ill pull away and not see them. However if im behind and put in perfect lap after perfect lap i dont catch them

Still awesome game and in my top games list for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerraig UK
                          [
                          But of course you need a good first bend on platinum. It is the very hardest of 5 settings and therfore you would obviously need a near perfect run to win the race. That IS real racing. You ever seen an F1 driver spin out on the first bend and then be in the lead again by the third lap?

In Gold mistakes can still be rectified if you want a smidgen of leeway.
                          No, but an F1 driver has more then three laps to do it in, you dont. As it is if you dont nail the first few corners in the platinums so your at least on the tail of your opponent then kiss the race goodbye. You can put in near perfect laps and not get anywhere close, something not helped by the fact it can be hard to figure out the correct car for the course, and after trying a few cars you have no tokens to buy any others so your stumped. I`m not saying it should be easy, but a slider difficulty would have been a better option than seems to have been implemented here, in my view at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
                            I love this game, nearly clocked 30 hours i think.

However its not as good as GT3 as a sim type. Its not as good as PGR1 as a powerslider.

But its better than just about all other car games around, maybe only GT3 is better for me.

I dont rate the AI tbh, its not as bad as GT3 for on rails or as frustrating as PGR was, but i find that as long as i nail the cars on the first few corners thats it ill pull away and not see them. However if im behind and put in perfect lap after perfect lap i dont catch them

Still awesome game and in my top games list for sure.
                            Indeed. I'm still playing this well over after month of having bought it. A truly fantastic game. I'd say it's the best street racer of this generation by far.

Comment

Well after 2/3 weeks of trying to finish single player with all platinums i`ve finally completed them all and have a tvr cerbera for my trouble . Wasn`t as tough as i`d thought it would be as i did originally finish it on hard which unllocked quite a few decent cars which helped with the platinum challenges. If you are attempting platinums watch out for the coupe and grand touring cone challenges, they are killers. Now to see how many people accuse me of using action replay

Comment

its a long shot, but is there any chance that the japanese version doesnt have region coding on it?
                                i ordered the usa one, for my usa xbox, and the japanese version just turned up.
                                ft:

Comment

Working...
                                X