Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant you just try it?

Comment

i dont really want to unseal unless necesary.

edit:...and even in the unlikely event it is region free, will i be able to play it on live?..which is the main reason i got it

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
        Now to see how many people accuse me of using action replay
        How do you feel about the TVR? From the people I know who have unlocked it the AR way, they haven't really missed not using it online (its one thing to unlock it out of curiousity, and another to cheat on Live). While it accellerates like a demon, they've all complained that its so slippy around corners that a lap of the 'Ring is ending up about the same as the Porsche GT. I can see that it has the possibility to get something faster if you can keep it under control reliably, so I'm curious if actually getting those Platinums means you've learned to do so.

In any case, I was glad to hear this - it means anyone AR'ing themselves to a TVR is probably going to get beaten by a 'mere' gold winner who got there fair & square.

Comment

Well haven`t really tried it round the ring but on street races it handles class. As for it being slidey well it is abit but not enough for you to oversteer and lose it. For me it`s the best handler in the game and prefer it over the gt1 and clk-gtr. If you want to ever try it out mid just add me to your friends list and i`ll start a cerbera room for you to try it out. The car will be transparent to you but you can see for yourself what its like. My gamertag is my Hodge.

Comment

Had a race around nurb with 5 TVR's and 3 GT-1's the other day with some yanks. I came 4th in GT-1. 3rd and 2nd were TVR's but first place was a GT-1.

Make of that what you will.

The laptimes for us all were between 6m29s (1st) and 6m40s (me).

Collisions were off

Comment

Thanks guys - thats good to hear. Hopefully Commander Marklar is giving me his PGR2 later, so I'll be up and running on Live by the weekend.

Comment

Nice one on unlocking the TVR Hodge, I'm not too jealous .

This game still owns. Had some great games online lastnight with some complete strangers. Everyone was taking it seriously with some good tight races.

I'm hoping we'll get some downloadable content soon .

Comment

Late to the party again, just got this game for free.
                  And you know what, it's awesome. It's one of the only serious racing games that I can actually stand playing. At heart I'm a Nintendo fanboy and can normally only play Mario Kart or Burnout for racing games.

The thing that has impressed me the most is the Live aspects of it.
                  Obviously there is the multi player aspect, which is fantastic, but I like the way that in 1 player you are still on a leader board of 80,000 people comparing Kudos scores. What I really like is the ability to watch replays of the top ten peoples race so I can see what they are doing to score so highly and how I can improve.
                  It's nice to know that on my 1st go I'm better than 20,000 people, in terms of my score compared to theirs. Shame there's 60,00o better than me, but hey, I can only get better

The only thing I'm not keen on is the music, but I can always get something more suitable saved to the harddrive.

Probably a stupid question, is there a Mario Kart style boost at the start up if you rev at a certain limit at a certain time? Or is there just a good level to hit to acheive a good start?

Comment

Oh thank God for that.

I've finally made it through the bloody American Muscle Cars round. They all steer like boats, accellerate like tanks, and are driven by psycho AI, which makes the last race of 5 laps round Chicago (twisty right-angles everywhere) at night, when the gits keep aiming to break your headlights, a complete nightmare.

Still, beating it unlocks Super Cars, including the glory that is the Ferrari F355, so there's no going back to those heaps of US junk now.

On a totally different note, is there any way to see your final placing in last week's weekly ghost races? It looks like once Sunday comes round everything is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerraig UK
                      Had a race around nurb with 5 TVR's and 3 GT-1's the other day with some yanks. I came 4th in GT-1. 3rd and 2nd were TVR's but first place was a GT-1.

Make of that what you will.

The laptimes for us all were between 6m29s (1st) and 6m40s (me).

Collisions were off
                      On the Nurburgring Leaderboard on Live the top 20 times were in the TVR last time I looked, I think the TVR counted for about 70% of the top 100. Best time was 5.58 or 6.00 from what I remember.

Comment

Yeah, that certainly all fits with the theory that the TVR is the fastest on a perfect lap, but that its easier to get a reliable lap in on the Porsche.

Comment

Y is Nurburgring track only can be played in the daylight - whereas online u can choose night i heard?...

Comment

Really? Mmmm interesting, wonder why you dont' just have an option to do night time racing on that track?

Comment

Originally posted by AliGamer
                              Y is Nurburgring track only can be played in the daylight - whereas online u can choose night i heard?...
                              Believe me, you don't want to play it at night.

Being a recent convert to PGR2 (10 days or so) I am horrible with the faster cars. Just the other day I joined a server offering Minis round Florence, only to have them switch to Ultimate Only on Nurburgring at night when I got there. Cheers fellas! Even on a component-fed THX calibrated screen, I couldn't see enough past my headlights to be of any use in, say, knowing when a turn was coming.

Variations of this happen to me all the time. Beware, also, of Nurburgring "overcast" which should really be called Nurburgring Pea Souper.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                                Oh thank God for that.

I've finally made it through the bloody American Muscle Cars round. They all steer like boats, accellerate like tanks, and are driven by psycho AI, which makes the last race of 5 laps round Chicago (twisty right-angles everywhere) at night, when the gits keep aiming to break your headlights, a complete nightmare.
                                Yeah i hate most of the american cars in the game. Just a bunch of skips with truck engines.

Comment

Working...
                                X