The Pinball Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pinball Arcade

Hi. As this game is now available on Ios and android, i was thinking It should have its own thread.
    I have installed the Android version after being on the beta test.
    On an HTC sensation android phone the game is very smooth and playable. Having digital versions of real life pinball tables is fantastic, and I look forward to seeing what becomes available over the next few years.
    There's a few minor issues with high score logging atm, but this is being sorted. I downloaded the game and installed tales of the arabian nights and it only cost 60 pence. Some tables will cost you up to 2.40.
    I feel this is a small price to pay for the more modern classics like theatre of magic and Ripley's believe it or not.
    Looks like a great game on the tablets too, and I'm eagerly awaiting the xbla version.
    Cheers, thoughts please.
    Ozzzy
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Had this Thursday morning for my I pad 2 there is an update to rectify the high scores glitch.it looks lovely on the I pad nice effects and music.It cost 0.69p with one table then range from ?1.99-?2.49

Comment

The Pinball Arcade. 38,315 likes · 4 talking about this. With many of the all-time greatest tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern Pinball®, and Gottlieb®;

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
        Had this Thursday morning for my I pad 2 there is an update to rectify the high scores glitch.it looks lovely on the I pad nice effects and music.It cost 0.69p with one table then range from ?1.99-?2.49
        Yes, I bet its great on the iPad! Can't wait to play the xbla version so i can play it on a big tv.

Comment

Also playing this on an iPad 2. Williams' Tales of the Arabian Nights is the included table and it's a classic. I'm really glad to see a pinball game finally done right on iOS, complete with actual real life tables! The ones included with other pinball games I've played suck so hard compared to real ones.

Looking forward to Medieval Madness and hopefully Twilight Zone at some point

Originally posted by ozzzy189
          I look forward to seeing what becomes available over the next few years.

I hope they release them a bit more quickly than that :|

Comment

Lol, it won't be that long, but they've promised over 50 tables over the next few years. Some real gems are coming, circus voltaire, attack from mars, creature from the black lagoon, medieval madness, and big shot. Addams family has been hinted at too!
            :-)

Comment

My thoughts from the iOS game thread...

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Pinball Arcade is out now with Arabian Nights free and three other tables as DLC - Gottlieb's Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It Or Not and Theatre Of Magic. The tables are incredibly varied with Black Hole having a lovely old school purity while others being really detailed and busy. The physics seem really good and each table plays well, although frame rate does not seem quite as smooth on Ripley's.

Graphically, it's mixed. Overall, looks good on iPad2 but there's some texture weirdness with areas of low-res textures and some that look jagged like they've been scaled on a GBA. The other visual problem I have is that the ball is so reflective, it's sometimes not easy to keep track of. At times it looks more like the background is warping rather than there being a ball there. Like playing with a Predator. They need a more solid looking ball.

There are more tables coming and I'm pretty sure they intend to release this on just about every system. It's pretty great but there is a slight lack of polish.
              I'd love to see a little more polish here. Definitely interested in seeing just how many tables they get to add. I'd love to see the Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street table make it in at some point.

Comment

I have the Android version on my Galaxy 7.7 Tab (and SGS2 phone) and it is stunning. Also grabbed on iPad2 and for some reason, the ball seems hard to spot on that. Must be the screen.

Great game though and controls are ideal for mobile devices. How do you nudge the table?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                  I have the Android version on my Galaxy 7.7 Tab (and SGS2 phone) and it is stunning. Also grabbed on iPad2 and for some reason, the ball seems hard to spot on that. Must be the screen.

Great game though and controls are ideal for mobile devices. How do you nudge the table?
                  Hi. You have to tap the upper portion of the screen to nudge, far from ideal, it's impossible during play. I'd rather them have a shake to nudge or something.

Comment

The instructions say you can shake to nudge. Haven't tried it to test it yet.

Comment

Attempting to recreate pinball games on any kind of console or mobile device is a flawed ideal. There’s simply no way to recapture the physical and audiovisual sensation of the real thing, particularly on a device that can't offer any kind of tactile feedbac...

Nice review of the Ios version.

Comment

Looking forward to this on 360. I got Williams collection ages ago from USA for Medieval Madness. Had the original table, Theatre of magic, stng, twilight zone, LOTR and Simpsons Party Pinball till I had to sell them with ill health. Miss my Medieval but will happily settle for an updated version on this with TOM and Attack From Mars. Here's hoping for the classics like Indy in the future. They have been about on pin mame for a long time but great we can finally support them properly. Stern built tables are dire tho, Bally/Williams all the way!

Comment

Dazzyman. May I add you to my friends list? so we can compare scores on Pinball Arcade.

Comment

Working...
                          X