Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's the cheek of releasing what's ultimately a cups and balls game at three times the price of our game that's the most galling part really!

Apple have been notified so it'll hopefully be pulled before they've picked up any sales. Not that I'd imagine they'd get any anyway.

Comment

Darius Burst SP is out now for all shoot em up fans out there... Looks OK!

Comment

OMG... DoDonPachi Blissful Death another shooter is out as well!!

Comment

I got DoDonPachi Blissful Death yesterday. Funny it says it's for iphone 4 upwards only. Works perfectly fine on my 3Gs. no Darius on the Japanese store though unless I missed it. Time to have another look.

Comment

Blissful Death is another masterful port and I was pleasantly surprised by Darius yesterday.
            It's a proper universal app with touchscreen controls every bit a good as Cave's iOS games. I haven't played Darius on the PSP but this is very good and really reminds me of a PlayStation era game. Looks a bit like R-Type Delta style visuals. Don't know what happened to the usual style of music you associate with Darius games as this is a bit more electronic. And there is a load of unlockables if you dig that kind of thing.
            Despite the high(ish) price this is well worth the money. Blissful Death is cheaper than normal for a Cave game which is a bonus as well.

Comment

I don't like the controls on Darius. They require you to move your finger too much making it hard to preform fast precise moves. Cave games are the only ones that feel right to me. And no, I'm not some cave fan boy either.

Comment

Pinball Arcade is out now with Arabian Nights free and three other tables as DLC - Gottlieb's Black Hole, Ripley's Believe It Or Not and Theatre Of Magic. The tables are incredibly varied with Black Hole having a lovely old school purity while others being really detailed and busy. The physics seem really good and each table plays well, although frame rate does not seem quite as smooth on Ripley's.

Graphically, it's mixed. Overall, looks good on iPad2 but there's some texture weirdness with areas of low-res textures and some that look jagged like they've been scaled on a GBA. The other visual problem I have is that the ball is so reflective, it's sometimes not easy to keep track of. At times it looks more like the background is warping rather than there being a ball there. Like playing with a Predator. They need a more solid looking ball.

There are more tables coming and I'm pretty sure they intend to release this on just about every system. It's pretty great but there is a slight lack of polish.

Comment

Been playing GTA3 a wee bit on my 4S the last week and I'm actually enjoying it. You need to change driving controls to digital and not analogue though and it works much better.

Comment

Rayforce is out now on ios!! They must be all shoot em up mad this month!!

Comment

That's been out for about 1 month, mate. It was ported by the same people behine Soul Calibur. Not a fantastic port due to **** controls but not too bad. Only Cave seem to be able to get touch controls just right.

Comment

iPad one is proper getting left behind now it's nearly in with the 3gs crowd 0_o.

Only just discovered Groovecoaster, it's infinity gene but a music game, pure maze.

Comment

Got myself a shiny new Jesus tablet and was wondering if anyone could suggest any good strategy games, ideally turn based? Don't really care for trying to hamfist action games onto touchscreen, something slower and more considered would be ideal.

Been thinking about Civ Rev but I've never played a civ game before (I know, I know) so I'm not confident about taking a punt at full price.

Comment

Im guessing a huge number of people will be buying Angry Birds space today, but for those who can tare themselves away from it (or simply are not interested) I recommend another of todays new release... Swordigo...

Its a 3d game on a 2D plain that takes its cues from both Zelda and Castlevania, with a big open world to explore, and featuring hearts for a life bar, a simple leveling up system, a Rupee like currency and lots of pots to throw and smash. Visually the game isnt going to blow anyone away, looking like a PS1 game akin to somthing like Pandemonium, but it plays absolubtley wonderfully, the controls are perfect, and its just a great game.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 22-03-2012, 13:17.

Comment

The wife has hooked me on this bloody Draw Something game.

Comment

I'll give you a game!

Comment

Working...
                                X