No announcement yet.

Ridge Racer (vita)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Sunset Heights. One of my least favourite courses from 6/7.

Some great new music in the new music packs though. Shut Up Baby is fantastic.

Such a strange game this. Almost everything about it says I should hate it (DLC model, 30fps, 8 car race limit) yet when you get into a good lobby or start to hit up Time Attack/Ghost Battle it is still a lot of fun.

Comment

I have the Devil's Gift.

If anyone needs it then send me a friend request and I'll share it online tonight.

It unlocks Duel mode and support mode for the Angel / Devil duels. It is pretty fancy!

Basically they are the hard as nails Devil / Angel duels that we are all used to. The added 'social' twist here is that you can download a team members ghost data to race the first 2 laps for you - then you take over for the last lap. Great if you have a rubbish concentration span as you pretty much need to race perfectly to win these events.

the hidden trophys and the 'Been around the Block' trophy are all related to this hidden mode

Namco are trying guys - I just figure a lot of people would have been happier if this stuff wasn't drip fed.
      Last edited by ItsThere; 22-03-2012, 09:45.

Comment

Have you got me on your Vita friends list? I'd love that Devil's Gift thing shared.

Edit: As soon as I post it, I get the Devil's Gift. Woo!
        Last edited by Silvergun X; 23-03-2012, 17:04.

Comment

I don't like this at ALL.

It feels really jerky, not smooth and ridge like. Waste of 17 quid.

Comment

Silly question, but have you installed the day 1 patch for it? It sorts out the jerky framerate issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
              Have you got me on your Vita friends list? I'd love that Devil's Gift thing shared.

Edit: As soon as I post it, I get the Devil's Gift. Woo!

Reiko looks hot in Devil mode.

Comment

Heheh. Just a little. I love the complete restyling once you've got devil mode...

Having now unlocked Crinale and Archangel, I'm convinced I can't actually handle them both. I'm much much quicker in the Fatalita than in either of those cars, which is a shame but it's nice to have them there as trophies.

I've uploaded support data for all 6 races if anyone fancies some help (Trianchor Alliance)

Comment

I just turned it on and got the Devil's Gift. Unlocked both cars in around 8 minutes. LOL. Not exactly Ridge Racer 1 difficulty, but yer.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 23-03-2012, 19:34.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've got everybody on my list but still haven't got the ridge racer gift come on where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      Reiko looks hot in Devil mode.
                      True dat!!

Comment

Ya know, this is actually pretty great. The gameplay of this is incredible! I am playing Flex Booster non-stop since I found out its purpose, I can't go back to the standard booster anymore. Unlocked both Devil and Angel cars as well.

Framerate is rock solid since the patch and same with Wipeout, I don't mind it being 30 on this handheld. Its just sad that there is so little content and no RR7 ish single player mode. And very well done that we didn't get Lost Ruins and the car as DLC this week.
                        Last edited by saturn-gamer; 31-03-2012, 17:28.

Comment

Yeah its a really good game, glad I bought it. There's a ton of awesome music in it as well.

Comment

New music tracks up today and a sliver membership at ?3.99 can anyone confirm if these are new cars and tracks in the sliver catergory or duplicates?

Comment

The Silver Pass will eventually offer 3 new machines, 3 new courses (Oceanfront Cruiseway, Redstone Thunder Road, Silver Mountain Skyway which were all the new courses added to Ridge Racer 3D), 2 new songs and 1 medley song. However, it's worth noting that buying the Silver Pass now will only get you New Songs Pack 02 as that is the only content added to the store. The courses and cars should be added over the next few weeks.

I say "should" becase in a typical SCEE almighty ****up we STILL do not have all the Gold Pass content on the EU PSN yet. You know, the content that can be
                              Originally posted by EU PSN Ridge Racer Gold Pass Item Description
                              [downloaded] from the PlayStation Store as they become available through March 31st.
                              We're still missing one car (Soldat Meltfire), one course (Lost Ruins) and a medley song (Long Mix BGM 01). Yet despite this they want us to cough up another ?3.99 for the Silver Pass.

****ing joke!

Comment

It's damn hard to actually work out what you have already downloaded.
                                The only thing new is that 79p music pack of two new tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X