No announcement yet.

Ridge Racer (vita)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the "ultimate edition" of this is ?6.99 on PSN right now, and includes the base game with the Gold and Silver passes. A few questions though, as I've heard such bad things about this game at launch.

Does this includes all of the Tracks/Cars DLC?
    Does it have something resembling so single player now? Not too fussed about online.
    Is the game more stable than I'd heard it was?

Finally, as a fan on Ridge Racer 6 onwards - is it worth buying?

Comment

For ?6.99, I'd say it's well worth it. You'll get all available DLC for free, barring the Daytona car I think. There isn't a career mode, more of a TT mode.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So I'm noticing most of the tracks/cars on the PSN are free now anyway, so what's the point in this ultimate edition?

Comment

So if I brought the vanila, standard, hard copy of ridge racer, going from what Mr Kirov said, I can literally download all the DLC for free now?

Comment

RR on Vita is like a part of a game. They got all the mechanics in place, a very pretty front end and then forgot to put in the game system and progression. I'd find it very difficult to recommend unless, as Joe suggests, you're the type to get hooked on time trials. The single player races are seriously dull and there're no proper single player mode. Very much the same approach they took with Soul Calibur on the PSP and both games seem utterly bananas to me given that all the hard work seemed to be done and all it would have taken was writing in the game progression.

One last RR Vita gripe - everything is a separate download. If you've deleted the game and decide later you want it back on, it's a pain in the ass to get back on your system because the Vita download menu doesn't take you back to the same place every time. Not sure if that's still the case with the ultimate edition.

Comment

My online handle is MajorBritten if any fancies some online races on this, there's a trophy for racing someone on your friends life anyone wants help getting that one

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                RR on Vita is like a part of a game. They got all the mechanics in place, a very pretty front end and then forgot to put in the game system and progression. I'd find it very difficult to recommend unless, as Joe suggests, you're the type to get hooked on time trials. The single player races are seriously dull and there're no proper single player mode. Very much the same approach they took with Soul Calibur on the PSP and both games seem utterly bananas to me given that all the hard work seemed to be done and all it would have taken was writing in the game progression.

One last RR Vita gripe - everything is a separate download. If you've deleted the game and decide later you want it back on, it's a pain in the ass to get back on your system because the Vita download menu doesn't take you back to the same place every time. Not sure if that's still the case with the ultimate edition.
                It reminds a bit of Gran Turismo on the Psp. It's such a shame that Namco didn't bother updating the game, one of the good things about free to play games is that they are constantly being updated with new content and improvements, Namco seems to have overlooked that and just thought about the payment model only. Ridge racer on the 3DS is still the best one out of the lot, shame that the Vita one will probably be the last 'real' ridge racer

Comment

I'm currently Ridge Racer-less at the moment and was looking at the Vita game as it is the only 'modern' Ridge Racer that I've never played. Looks like I'd be better off rebuying Ridge Racer 7, though!

Comment

I assume the second PSP Ridge Racer game still isn't on the Euro store? I really liked the PSP games; thought they really preserved the feel of RRT4 (my favourite of the series).

Comment

Originally posted by sj33 View Post
                      I'm currently Ridge Racer-less at the moment and was looking at the Vita game as it is the only 'modern' Ridge Racer that I've never played. Looks like I'd be better off rebuying Ridge Racer 7, though!
                      i thought the vita RR was rubbish; a lifeless barren game, horribly presented - yep go for RR7 its the best of them all

Comment

just popped RR7 into my PS3 so I don't forget to play it tonight. Inspired!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I assume the second PSP Ridge Racer game still isn't on the Euro store? I really liked the PSP games; thought they really preserved the feel of RRT4 (my favourite of the series).
                          Yep, totally agree and unfortunately no the second PSP one is not on the store, which is baffling. For me, the series peaked with that game.

Comment

Ridge Racer Vita is broken in multiple ways. Yeah it was meant to be 'free to play', except it wasn't, it originally cost about ?24.99. For 2 tracks and 2 cars or something similarly ridiculous. They threw in some 'free' DLC with that but really, it was just clearly totally unfinished.

On top of that, what is supposedly the game's focus - the online mode - is also horribly broken. Unless you started playing it day 1 Japan release, everyone online is massively OP because they've levelled up their cars so they're really fast. And there's no way to compete with that. So levelling up your own car turns into this horrifically lengthy and dull grind - and really, why bother?

Sad that the series had to go out on such a whimper rather than a bang.

Comment

And now the series has become a rebadged Flatout. Depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by sj33 View Post
                                And now the series has become a rebadged Flatout. Depressing.
                                true

video game companies like NAMCO, must really be in the sh1t if they cant continue deveopment of the franchise on the next gen consoles.

Comment

Working...
                                X