X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine's now been shipped.

Now we play the waiting game...

Comment

I've done about 750 words of the review, planning on finishing it tonight. Hopefully it'll be online over the weekend.

A tough game to review, simply because there is so much to talk about and I don't want it to be a stupidly long. I've written it slightly differently to how I normally would, and at the moment I don't really have a clue what I've said. Just written away without reading back.

Quite interested in reading it tonight actually just to see how crap it is

Comment

Look forward to reading it PeteJ. I sympathise though, as (like you said), ther is a hell of a lot to talk about for a short review. Siren is one of the PS2's highlights this year imo, but I won't endorse it fully until I've Played a version with English subs/voice.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Bleeders
        Mine's now been shipped.

Hehe, hope you like it. Get ready for some F34R!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaipon
          Look forward to reading it PeteJ. I sympathise though, as (like you said), ther is a hell of a lot to talk about for a short review. Siren is one of the PS2's highlights this year imo, but I won't endorse it fully until I've Played a version with English subs/voice.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Bleeders
          Mine's now been shipped.

Hehe, hope you like it. Get ready for some F34R!!!!!

I am very much looking forward to playing this.

Heck, even Silent Hill 3 had it's moments, where I got a bit freaked out.

Comment

Well, finally finished this game after several day's play. Brilliant from beginning to end, and loads of variety on the types of tasks you have to do as well as the style of play. The fact that there are somany playable characters with such different abilities from one another really makes for an interesting adventure. I will say that the game generally gets less and less stealth-based towards the end. There are still the odd levels, but most of the characters have weapons by this point, and the enemies increase in numbers making evasion a lot more difficult. Plenty of confrontations towards the end anyway.

I've still got several scenarios displaying as incomplete on the link navigator screen, so quite a bit left to go back for. There are at least 2 endings too, so gonna have to see the other one.

Comment

I compiled a load of notes I gathered up while playing Siren and stuck them in an HTML file. If you are importing the game, it will help with the Japanese and allow you to progress through the stages where the language barrier is the worst. I did it because I was sick of trawling various threads and forums to get the info, I just wanted it all in one place. There are no spoilers, only information necessary to help non-Japanese understanding players.

Siren Import Guide

Enjoy.

Comment

Brilliant, well done Vaipon

Our full Siren review is all done and ready to go, keep an eye on the homepage for its update.

I must play this game!

Comment

Cheers Vaipon, going to be getting this game shortly as soon as my Ceramic White PS2 shows up from Play-Asia. I never really got into the Silent Hill games, here is hoping that Siren will.

Comment

Nice work Vapion, hopefully it'll get more people importing this great game.

The review is in the staff forum going through the usual editorial process at the moment. I've written it in a slightly non-traditional way, lacking in much detail in what many will consider important facts, but I have my reasons...which will be explained in the feedback forum when people start complaining

Comment

Originally posted by wazy15
                      Cheers Vaipon, going to be getting this game shortly as soon as my Ceramic White PS2 shows up from Play-Asia. I never really got into the Silent Hill games, here is hoping that Siren will.
                      Wish I could afford one of those Ceramic white ones, they look the absolute dog's. It's the first ltd edition PS2 I have really wanted. Think it must be coz it's the same colour as the DC.

Originally posted by PeteJ
                      The review is in the staff forum going through the usual editorial process at the moment. I've written it in a slightly non-traditional way, lacking in much detail in what many will consider important facts, but I have my reasons...which will be explained in the feedback forum when people start complaining
                      I look forward to reading this. Still not shown up on the front page though. Take it there are a lot of edits being made?

Comment

I've been away with work since Sunday, got back last night. One or two changes have been suggested so I'll do them tonight.

Sorry for the delay but it really couldn't be helped.

It's got a banner at the top of ntsc-uk now though

Comment

Cool. Wondered what happened to the review.

I've totally rinsed Siren now. All endings unlocked and 100% items. There is a time attack mode that can be unlocked which is pretty cool. Siren may actually get a thread in the high-score forum. LOL. After just over 40hours gametime, I think it's time to start on something else now. hehe.

Comment

The review is online at last - http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?pl...ps2&game=Siren - I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Yay, my copy arrived this morning.

Comment

Same here. Cant play till christmas though

Comment

Working...
                                X