No announcement yet.

Siren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help guys, and Im hoping someone can offer it shortly, whilst I go try a mission again.

Basically, its the first mission with the hunter. Ive got the key, and pushed that mysterious switch within the tunnel, but dont know what to do. A quick overview of this mission would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

As far as I remember, you just need to escape from the area the first time through with the hunter. I think you need to use the key to open the gate which leads to the area with the Manager's office building in it. It's right at the far end of the map. Once you are there, you just need to head off down the road and climb over the debris. That should complete the mission.

Comment

Are you talking about Akira Shimura's first scenario per chance?

Comment

yeah, I think that was the guys name. I managed to do the mission eventually though, thanks for the help vaipon.

It took me a while to get out of a silent hill mindset, but Ive now learnt how the game 'works' sotospeak. Its got a gameplay system unique to siren, and Im loving every minute.

Comment

That second shibito with a rifle was a right bast to get rid of. Took me an age to work it out >_<

Comment

Does anyone know when the US version of this game is out?

Comment

February, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Square
                  That second shibito with a rifle was a right bast to get rid of. Took me an age to work it out >_<
                  Is that the second objective from his first mission m8? If so, I need some help with it. I have to reach the dousojin stone apparently, and am guessing its to do with the locked gate up the steps....

Im starting to hate this Akira Shimura's missions! ft:

EDIT: now sorted. phew.

Comment

Dunno if this vid has been posted but the voice "acting" in the English version is apalling! ft:

Page introuvable - La page que vous demandez n'existe plus ou n'a jamais existé.

Subtitle options in games.....one day.....maybe.....hopefully I'll still be alive

Comment

I think there's possbly going to be an option for the original language with subtitles in the final PAL release. That's what the recent clip on the PSW (Issue 50) DVD seemed to suggest.

Comment

Thank goodness - for every truly excellent English spoken game (Viewtiful Joe for example) there are like.....50 awful ones! It's putting me off playing adventure and RPG games for good, and I dont want that! Dubbed films are stupid - dubbed games are worse!

Comment

Well, nothing's definite. The clip just showed the Japanese language track with English subs, so it's actually presumptious of me to say the final release may include that option.

What was shown could have been an early placement build before they put in an English audio track. We just don't know yet.

The problem with poorly dubbing Siren is that because of it's high-end psychological horror appeal, bad voicing could damage the atmosphere severly. This is a title that seems to have a very raw, sophisticated edge in terms of production. Dodgy audio would harm that delicate balance between all the elements working together to create that sense of something truly unique.

Another important issue is that Siren's voice cast also provided the body/facial mapping for the game's characters, so putting in artifical dubbing would break that direct audio/visual link. And it's set in Japan... So having this very American sounding bunch of actors (in a title clearly taking place on the other side of the world) would harm a notion of believable consistency.

There was a thread created on this very issue in General Gaming a while ago. Check it out if you want.

Comment

That english voice over is the worst I have ever seen on any media ever, ever.
                            Absolutely horrific.

Comment

It can't be worse than Fatal Frame, surely?

Comment

I found the Japanese police officer a lot more scary because I had no idea what he was saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X