Minecraft: Xbox 360 / One / PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    When they update stuff, like adding horses, will these only appear on new worlds?
    New stuff can be added into old worlds if that's what you mean.

Comment

Yes. But you can use that time to start digging and get all kinds of lovely ore. Then as soon as sunrise hits, go out again and get wood. I found those first couple of nights the hardest when I finally tried survival but it gets much easier once you get some supplies.
      Beavis and butthead would be proud.

Comment

Yes. But you can use that time to start digging and get all kinds of lovely ore. Then as soon as sunrise hits, go out again and get wood. I found those first couple of nights the hardest when I finally tried survival but it gets much easier once you get some supplies.
        Hm, I guess so. One time I'd gotten an axe, shovel, pick, etc. and lost it all.
        Also, can you password protect world so only friends can join you? Not that anyone has come to my world at all of course.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          New stuff can be added into old worlds if that's what you mean.
          But if you're on survival, it won't spawn new stuff on its own though, right? I mean I'd have to go into creative and add the new elements? Or will worlds update and pepper new stuff through it automatically?

Comment

Not sure about survival, but on creative it does add them in without you asking.

Comment

Yeah i paid the price when i updated my game when the main bulk of new stuff got added, you may find after the update that your world you were working on gets totally ruined. As all the new elements get put into your game and you will find sometimes the biomes change positions. I had one area that was just regular fields and forests i built a lot of water stuff in that area but now it's all rendered useless as it's all frozen over so i can't use boats and the entrances underground are all frozen up too. It's now a winter wonderland, hours and hours of work rendered useless.

Now mainly play on pc, although i want to install tekkit and industrialcraft mods as you can make nuclear reactors using that mod along with some other amazing stuff hehe. A lot of new stuff to learn with those, hell i'm still trying to learn vanilla version inside out before i move on.

Comment

Certainly on consoles you can set your world to Invite only (my preference) as it saves getting another player who joins with the purpose of destroying your creations or taking all your good stuff (though I now put that in hidden rooms).

I have always played Survival, admittedly on Easy. I have used a Creative copy of one of the new extra large console world seeds to find villages.

Comment

My ultimate plan is to build something from Star Wars but what shall remain a mystery (mainly as I'll probably never have time to do it).

Comment

My son and I have been building a fantasy world over the last few months on the Xbox One version. Just finished a rollercoaster but I'm having trouble getting the cart to go up the hills without stopping.

Comment

Pop in a few powered rails every so often. You can use those going uphill. Just make sure they're actually getting power.

Comment

On my favourite seed (largest map on PS4) I have a rail line that extends for about 1700 blocks. Fortunately it is all on the same level, with almost a 1500 block straight.

Comment

Looks as if Redstone Pistons and Torches are sorted with the latest update.

Comment

I was playing Minecraft last night and it asked for an update. There's a load more stuff in it too, but I noticed it's added 600g of achievement points. It's good, but it's one of the few games I've 100%ed!

• Sniper Duel (30G) - Kill a skeleton with an arrow from more than 50 metres
                            • DIAMONDS! (20G) - Acquire diamonds with your iron tools
                            • Return to Sender (30G) - Destroy a Ghast with a fireball
                            • Into Fire (20G) - Relieve a Blaze of its rod
                            • Local Brewery (15G) - Brew a potion
                            • The End? (20G) - Enter an End Portal
                            • The End. (40G) - Kill the Enderdragon
                            • Enchanter (20G) - Construct an Enchantment Table
                            • Overkill (30G) - Deal nine hearts of damage in a single hit
                            • Librarian (20G) - Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table
                            • Adventuring Time (40G) - Discover 17 of the 23 different biomes
                            • Repopulation (15G) - Breed two cows with wheat
                            • Diamonds to you! (15G) - Throw diamonds at another player
                            • Pork Chop (10G) - Cook and eat a pork chop
                            • Passing the Time (20G) - Play for 100 days
                            • Archer (10G) - Kill a Creeper with arrows
                            • The Haggler (20G) - Mine or purchase 30 Emeralds
                            • Pot Planter (15G) - Craft and place a Flower Pot
                            • It's a Sign! (15G) - Craft and place a Sign
                            • Iron Belly (20G) - Stop starvation using Rotten Flesh
                            • Have a Shearful Day (15G) - Use Shears to obtain wool from a sheep
                            • Rainbow Collection (20G) - Gather all 16 colours of wool
                            • Stayin' Frosty (20G) - Swim in lava while having Fire Resistance effect
                            • Chestful of Cobblestone (20G) - Mine 1,728 Cobblestone and place it in a chest
                            • Renewable Energy (10G) - Smelt wood trunks using charcoal to make more charcoal
                            • Music to my Ears (20G) - Play a music disc in a Jukebox
                            • Body Guard (20G) - Create an Iron Golem
                            • Iron Man (15G) - Wear a full suit of Iron Armour
                            • Zombie Doctor (20G) - Cure a Zombie Villager
                            • Lion Tamer (15G) - Tame an Ocelot

Here's a couple of videos of a working Pac-Man cabinet and a giant mech...

Comment

I've been playing this on PS4 and have noticed mined blocks jumping from where they were mined. I found a piece of Coal some 6 or 7 blocks from where it was mined, on top of a mountain! I also lost 2 Iron Ore blocks when mining! I hope this gets a fix.

Comment

Can the Vita version of this access world's built by other people? Seems to be no but I thought I'd ask. Can the console versions or is that just a PC thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X