Max Payne 3 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
    By saying Max Payne is a 1 you are saying there is no possible way it could of been worse. Which is totally nonsense.
    I'm not Edge...I dont have a "review policy" to justify...I rate on if the game was fun. I had no fun at all with the game. was actually angry at how bad I found it.

So to me it couldn't have been worse.

Comment

So basically you're shunning a 10 scale system to prove a point. If a game doesn't amaze you it's a 1 and if it does its a 10.... And if its somewhere in between its what exactly?

I wish everything was so black and white.

Personally I thought this game was stellar. Kept pretty faithful to its arcade roots whilst moving things along nicely in typical rockstar fashion. If anything it's piqued my interest in GTAV as surely they'll retain some of the shooting mechanics. Not a 1 in my book by a huge margin... But if that's your scale and decision that's fine.

Comment

No I am not shunning a scale to prove a point. I HATED the game...I dont have a 1 or 10 only policy. I think the lowest I have rated another game on here was Spec Ops which I gave a 4 I think and actually think that was over-harsh thinking about, I dont dish out these marks willy nilly (as irrelevant as they are).

I am glad you loved it too btw I wasn't trying to make everyone agree! I dont buy or play games to slag them off but sometimes a game comes along that just annoys and angers me! This was it...are there worse games technically or thematically? Probably..but as I said its not a science!

Comment

Picked this up in the xbox sale yesterday and played an hour or so of it tonight. Well, I say played an hour, but I feel like i've only played ten minutes and spent the rest of the time watching it, occasionally being allowed to shoot some bad guys. Hopefully as it goes on it'll become more of a game and less of an interactive movie.

EDIT: Yes, I know this is yet another thread revival.............
          Last edited by Colin; 05-03-2013, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            Picked this up in the xbox sale yesterday and played an hour or so of it tonight. Well, I say played an hour, but I feel like i've only played ten minutes and spent the rest of the time watching it, occasionally being allowed to shoot some bad guys. Hopefully as it goes on it'll become more of a game and less of an interactive movie.

Its like that all the way through.

Comment

I told you that you should have bought Left4Dead 2!

Comment

I picked it up even though I have the disc copy. It was $4.95 here and I can trade the game for $15-20. Simple maths.

The game is decent enough and worth a play through but yes, it's very cutscene driven in places. You'll either love it or hate it by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post

Nah man, stick with it - it's a wonderful game - really is. Yes there's a fair few cutscenes - but the game at least has a decent story and I would say really fun gameplay too. Stick with it!!

Comment

Put a few days into this,it doesn't feel too Max Payney to me, the lack of noir is jarring and Max sounds like a butch, closet homosexual to me, the Breaking Bad look is sooooo unnecessary, the cringeworthy subs on the cut scenes are ****E, and the game feels so linear and unexplorable that it's often quite tedious to play for more than a few hours, plus the main story proves to be unspeakably dull, it's basically now a sub-GOW GOW and it takes up over 11gb!

On the plus side, it plays well, occasionally looks amazing, and I'm pretty sure I'm on the verge of clocking this f*cker, though would much prefer playing it using the Alan Wake engine rather than the goddamn RAGE engine!

Comment

I love it.

Comment

Want to pick this up on PC. What's all the DRM stuff like though and why is it 35GB!!!! - that is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Want to pick this up on PC. What's all the DRM stuff like though and why is it 35GB!!!! - that is insane!
                          Shizz, yeah your right! I didn't realise it was that big! But yeah it is... As for DRM, unsure what you mean? It's on Steam and is standard at what they do...

Comment

Sry, I meant the client stuff and logins like Rockstar Social Club. I can not be dealing with that again after GTA 4 no matter how good the game is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              Sry, I meant the client stuff and logins like Rockstar Social Club. I can not be dealing with that again after GTA 4 no matter how good the game is.
                              Oh right yeah, I've never had any problems. But I suppose I'm always online though.... I really enjoyed it and would recommend it - genuinely never had any issues with the Rockstar side

Comment

I'm playing this on 360 at the moment in dribs and drabs, but I'm loving it.

I love those moments where it suddenly goes into slo-mo and you have to shoot lots of people in a really cinematic way!

Comment

Working...
                                X