Final Fantasy X-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Play Asia.

Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission is based on the US release of Final Fantasy X-2, with English dialogs, extra missions in the Yadonoki Tower, and bonus movie scenes not found in the original Japanese version. A bonus Last Mission Disc is included with the game, which contains all movie scenes from Final Fantasy X-2, plus three unpublished bonus movies.
    I know the last mission is in Japanese though and it includes another job dealy thing the psycher.

Comment

Is there any way I can have something better than Cure avaliable from the begginning of a battle, without having, like, Riku be a stupid White Mage?

Comment

Depends on the Garment Grid you pick up, and then where you place the Dress Sphere on that grid (next to the node that has the White Magic ability).

There are Garment Grids out there that, when equipped will give whomever uses it the ability for Cure, Curaga, Life, and so forth.....

I used it a couple of times - so my White Mage could do other things besied healing magic (cast wall, protect, dispell.....) Later on though I just learned to fight it out. I was letting my characters simply fight to the death and then just raise them back with Phoenix downs. I'd rather they get all the hits in that they can, and not always worry about keeping this in tip-top shape.

Of course later on in my game, all my characters became tanks, so they could take more hits which gave me more options.

It might be a matter of just leveling up.....which helps even "Cure" become more effective (based on the character's Magic ability).

Rikku, for the most part had the lowest magic levels in my game. I wouldn't give "cure" to her. The HP would always be low. You game may differ - depending on what accessories you've given her.

Comment

Originally posted by JetBlack
          And yes....the "whistle event". Randomly pushing the "X" button where there's no indication to do so. And to do it several times. Beautiful.
          I missed it too, but in retrospect it's one of the more obvious and clever secrets in the game - Tidus tells Yuna that if she's ever alone, just whistle and he'll be there, and Yuna spends her time in the poppy field repeatedly telling you I AM FEELING SO ALONE RIGHT NOW. Kicked myself for not clicking at the time.

But some of the other 100% requirements are wilfully obscure, as is to be expected from an FF game, I suppose. I'm resigned to never getting the perfect ending, but speaking from experience I think an unfulfilled lost love will do wonders for Yuna's character.

Did anyone figure out what all that Squatter Monkey biz was about?
          There's thirteen of them in the woods; when you're near one you hear it chittering, and pressing X picks it up. You just need to comb all the woodland paths thoroughly from back to front - it takes about five minutes with no encounters.

Funnily enough, compared to you lot's opinions of the difficulty I got my arse thoroughly kicked by the Chapter 5 bosses and only got through them with spamming cheap-shot skills (my typical JRPG tactic). Next time I get to them, though, they're bloody for it.

And I loved it. For all its faults, I'd rather play a game with clunkily translated, groaning pathos-laden emotion than no emotion at all; and like Beyond Good and Evil I found myself deliberately avoiding anything that would progress the story in the hopes of it not actually ending, leaving me with an impressive(ly geeky and sad) 49-hour first playthrough.

Comment

Damn, 13 squater monkeys! And I had 11 already.....I was just that close to getting more of a completion. I had the feeling there were 20 or so of them little critters out there.

I did wear the Charm Bracelet a few times while looking for the monkeys, but I also wanted to catch Chocobos.

Speaking of the yellow feathered rats, how did you do against the "Bold" Chocobos? Even with my leveled up characters they were kicking my donkey something fierce. I picked up 3 of them, which is good when you send them out to rough areas (they can hold their own, I guess). But man, it's tough fighting them. You don't want to kill it, or hit it, because it will run away, but they consume so much "Greens" to subdue them. Mean while I just get hammered by their all-party meteor attacks. Made me HATE the yellow pidgons even more!

Damn, just 2 Squatter monkeys short......so......if I may, just what "prize" are you given for this service? Don't tell me .....another Garment Grid? Or is is another accessory?

Comment

I have found the best place to level up, I went to the Road to the Farplane, equipped the Lure Bracelet to encourage random battles, I use Yunas Heavens Cataract to totally wipe out all adversaries, and I get from between 1000 to 4000 points per battle, its so easy. Ive bumped them up to level 50 now, it wont take long before I make them seriously powerful. I may try to work on maxing all my dresspheres also, although Im not sure if theres really any point. I just use Yunas magic, Paynes physical attacks and Rikkus healing for most battles, it rarely failes me.

Comment

Originally posted by JetBlack
                Speaking of the yellow feathered rats, how did you do against the "Bold" Chocobos? Even with my leveled up characters they were kicking my donkey something fierce.
                You can take solace in the fact that you completed more of the game than I did: I found time to spend at least half an hour chasing children around Luca in the moogle suit (not as part of any quest, just because it was fun) but completely missed the entire Chocobo Ranch section. Durr.

Damn, just 2 Squatter monkeys short......so......if I may, just what "prize" are you given for this service? Don't tell me .....another Garment Grid? Or is is another accessory?
                It's a good Garment Grid - equip for access to Arcana abilities at reduced action time, IIRC.

Comment

Marcus, sounds like you're well on your way to kicking all donkey around Spira...but my friend, heed my words of warning....the final battle will be cake-walk city if you level up too much. Unlike other games where they slide the scale based on your levels, in FFX-2 (and I guess all the ones in the past) nothing changes for the final battle that is over-hyped to the roof.

So, if you hit level 60 I'd say you are just fine. Do other side quests? Then wear a Charm. I was at level 70 and it was literally nothing. 10 levels less would have made for more of a challenge and more satisfaction upon completion. At least that was my experience.

D-SG, oh we have plenty in common, I spent time just screwing around with movie and music spheres, not to mention attempting to actually find that guy's missing wallet (you meet him on the Highroad, and if you ask him enough times he says "why am I here? I lost my wallet."

Of course, I took that up as a personal "mission" so off I ran up and down the damn Highroad looking for this NPC's wallet.

I'm not sure it actual exists, or not. But I lost an easy 30 minutes...not to mention countless battles (this was prior to acquiring the Charm). In Chapter 3 you don't get the same message about his wallet anymore....so I figure if you don't find it by chapter 2 then it's gone.

FFX-2 has PLENTY of time wasting devices. Digging in the desert is another.

But like D-SG, I also loved the game, despite all my bitching and moaning.

Comment

Ive reached the final part of the game now, and am currently level 65. Since discovering the quick way to level up, previous bosses I faced were all really very easy to beat now. I havent tried to face the Machina boss yet, and would expect to lose that based on the attacks Ive seen of it so far. I may go and do some of the other sidequests, Im only at 50% completion, and feel thats not enough. I guess it depends on the sidequest more than anything. Ill probably continue maxing up my charecters, as Im something of a levelling up freak.

Comment

Marcus have you used a certain "Dress Sphere" to help your exp. points? I don't want to ruin it for you - if you've yet to pick up that particular dress....at 50% I'm not sure if you have it, or not. It has to be "earned"....I forgot which quest gives it to you.

I'd agree with you that much of that percentage is done via the side quests.

The final boss isn't as bad as you might think. As usual, the path leading to the door step is often worse than the actual final battle. But this will vary with each gamer. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                        I went to the Road to the Farplane, equipped the Lure Bracelet to encourage random battles,
                        How do you go there? I can't get past that dude at Guadosalam...

Kilika Woods is an "OK" place. The Dolmens give just over 2200, and for some reason I'm immune to their stone-thingy attack

Comment

I mostly went to Kilika woods because there was lots to do there - for me. Squatter Monkeys, catch "Bold" Chocobos, and just beat down the fiends without burning a lot of supplies since save spheres were on both sides of the woods.

Marcus....actually if you want BIG exp. points, and you're at the point where you can jump "down" a hole. Then just jump down. You can get back topside at many of the save spheres down there.

I avoided going "down" there for a long time because I thought once on that path I'd be stuck down there. That's not the case. Save Spheres still get you back to the airship, and it's right there on the first level when you "get in".

That is...if you haven't already jumped "down" there yet. Then I guess you already know.

I kinda wish to replay some of this now.....but I gave the game to my daughter. I'll have to wait until she returns it.

Comment

Naiera you cant get to the Farplane until the last chapter.

Now Ive maxed out Yunas Special Dressphere, 9999 HP for each part, and dealing some quite deadly damage also.

However, I lost a 30 mintute battle against Vegnagun last night..

JetBlack have you looked around in the Cloisters area? I have gotten to level 26 now in there, but there is this one dragon which completely wastes me. It attacks and deals instant death to whomever it hits, and I cant really hit it more than once. Any tips on beating it?

I may start to max the other Special Dresspheres now, I suspect I could goto the final boss now but Id like to be able to complete more of the game, currently Im 55%.

I didnt get the dressphere you talked about, perhaps you could let me know where to find it

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                              Naiera you cant get to the Farplane until the last chapter.
                              Jumping into a hole = Road To The Farplane

I just found that out I've also just found out that Yuna's special sphere thingy is quite powerful I'm going to go kick some Bikanel Desert mega-boss thingy behind, and if nothing better presents itself, I'll be finishing the game tomorrow or tonight... (just got over 50 % by talking to Cid and stuff after rescuing him from the hole in the Thunder Plains).

Comment

Ive now maxed both Yuna's and Rikkus special spheres out, I have 9999 HP for each part, and get maximum damage hits per attack, its pretty cool and its easy to power them up using the FarPlane.

Does anyone know if Paine has a special sphere also, as Ive yet to come accross that?

Comment

Working...
                                X