No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy X-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my game I went for speed with the final boss.

I never gave him time to kick my donkey, or much time to heal. Plus, my characters were all leveled up. I just used regular attacks rather than pump up a special attack or spell. I can get in 3 regular attacks by the time Rikku finally got her special hit in.

But it's all a matter of how each gamer wants to play.

My style is to start off with regular attacks and cast "Wall / Protect / Curaga" and just beat it down. I'd rather get my hits in before it does and often I'll even allow negative status traits to linger rather than spend the time to cure it. For me, it's actually easier to just raise the dead with a phoenix Down, or Full Life than to waste time rebuilding health and status effects. I let those girls fight to the death. Better to get all the hits in that I can.

Dispell is okay, too. Armor Break, Mental Break, Magic Break. I found faith in my accessories. Double HP / MP, +60 on magic, +60 on Defense, + on speed, minus on Item usage. And I simply used regular attacks for speed. However, I admit my style must make for a boring fight.

My final crew (for all body parts)

Yuna - White mage

Rikku - Alchemist

Paine - Beast

Only White mage was "mastered". You can do this marcus, wipe the floor with that silly machina wannabe god weapon. BUT....are you sure you want to beat this guy now? Finish this off and you won't be able to hit those other side quests. Your game will be over......until you replay it in New Game Plus.

The choice is yours.

Comment

Ive mastered White Mage with Rikku, Im interested in Beast though, Ive not seen that.

Regarding the dungeon in Thunder plains - is it really neccessary for me to do this, as Im finding it completely illogical and frustrating. Right now I have (in the top left) a number 5 >> 447, and bottom right a clue saying "The number of battles between entering the cave and opening wall 11" which I found when I pressed a button which told me I had fought 16 battles in total by the time I open wall 11. So, I enter 447 + 16 = 463 - but it wont accept it. Its infuriating, either Im missing something really obvious, or the game cant add up!!

Comment

Marcus, as for that "math cave" I simply left the cave, equipped the Charm Bracelet and then went right back in.

Thus, whenever they asked "how many battles I fought", or "how much Gil I earned", the answer was always "zero" (+ whatever else they asked me to add).

Works like a charm (no pun intended).

Plus, the battles in the cave were dull as hell. A ton of machinas, puh-leez. And they gave ****e for exp. points. I guess it you want to fill your beastiary for Shinra then you can romp through the place fighting all the different machines.

And I'm so sorry for spoiling that other dress sphere....my bad.

I thought you had "Beast" (or whatever it's called). Deals out some serious freakin' damage on just a regular attack....not to mention the attack speed is through the roof. Paine kept asking me for commands every other attack. With that dress on you are more than ready to kick donkey all across Spira. (hmmm.....that sentence just doesn't sound right coming from a man). Haha!

I forgot where I picked up that Dress Sphere. I'm getting old.

Comment

I finally beat the first boss in the final Farplane stage, it took about 45 minutes, despite it replenishing itself with each attack I found that my attacks did about 3 times as much damage as it took from me, it was just a case of attacking with Yuna and Paine and using Rikku as a constant healer. Only problem is it looks like I got so wrapped up in the battle, that I now only have about 5 hours sleep before I need to get up for work tomorrow!

FF games always suck my life away. Every single time.

Beast, intriguing. I must find it.

Comment

Haha, marcus, you are going to be a slave to FF11. I guarantee it .

Comment

Marcus......forgive me...I'm so daft.

That Dress Sphere is not "beast", but rather "Berserker". I got it mixed up with another video game. Plus, the image stuck in my mind...of a "beast".

I'm sure you have that dress sphere, since it's widely available in 2, or 3 different chapters (just beat down six, or so battles in a row at that travel agency near the woods and it's yours, no special trick.

You know....perhaps I should just shut up on giving out advice. Hah!

Comment

I'd like to know exactly how to get Berserker...

Comment

The other thing was I read that to get Ultima and Holy magic, you need to go through each or the 5 paths to the farplane abyss, I went through the normal 4 paths last night, then chose the route that takes me direct to the farplane but got nothing in return. Perhaps there is a path which I havent opened up yet, does anyone know?

Comment

RE: how to get Beserker

Naiera,

From what I understand - and how I got it you simply need to go to Macalania woods, travel through it, and approach the travel agency that is on the edge of the ICE LEVEL. This is where Oaka'ka's store is at.

Once you leave the woods you'll see the travel agency is under attack by fiends. From that point on you have to decide to accept the mission, or not.

Basically you will fight SIX battles in consecutive order - without healing or changing of garment grids. Win all six battles and I think that's all. the Dress sphere is yours. The trick is that this particular travel agency isn't on any of your regular routes, so you must travel through the woods just to get here. (Beyond where the Guado were hanging out in the woods hiding from the Ronso).

In short, there are TWO ways through the woods. One leads to the Calm Lands, and the other (only if you travel on that crystal path OVER the woods) will send you out the woods to the ICE region.

Speaking of that area of the woods.....did anyone "talk" with the "friends / small versions" of the music band in the swamp area? You actually get something there - which quite surprised me. Perhaps I speak too much.

"Beserker", however, is well worth the fight. I'm not sure if you need to talk to Oaka'ka prior to the event, or not....but I've read that this particular mission is available in several chapters.

Just need to walk over into that lil' cubby hole (beyond Macalania woods) and find it.

Comment

I just completed the game, on 58%. The last boss was, as you say JetBlack, incredibly easy, however in a way I am pleased about this as the ending was very story driven and cinematic in its approach, and I wouldnt of wanted to of died 3/4 of the way through that. I wonder if thats why they made the ending so easy really. I was quite uplifted by it, and am pleased with the game overall. My charecters reached level 86 and I still have a lot to do obviously, I may pop back to FFX2 from time to time.

Im also in the process of converting a video of the opening attract sequence with Yuna, Paine and Rikku, which I hope to of uploaded tonight.

Comment

I've decided what I'll do.

I'm on chapter 3 at the moment, and I've realised that on each chapter, at each place there's something new to do. I'm gonna take my time with this one, exploring it all.

At the moment, I'm trying to get all 10 Cactuar for the Cactuar nation. It's gonna take a while

Comment

Good lord, level 86.

You put that game to shame, didn't you? Great to hear the news. In fact, at this VERY moment, my daughter called and said she just beat the game, too.

Although keep in mind I purchased the guide book for her on Christmas. She didn't say what level she was, but she had a 87% completion and got the "normal" ending + the extra "whistle event" ending (which gave her an option to see more of an ending after the final credits rolled.) In short, I believe she got a better ending than I did. Hers was more of a "they live happliy ever after ending"

She saw more than I ever did.

Now that I think about it....she beat the game starting 2 days before Christmas up to now.....(doing the math).....that's about a week and 3 days.

Damn kids these days....the clothes they listen to , the music they wear!

Comment

Electric....

How many Cactuars have you found so far? One of them is rather tricky...and I'm wondering if you figured it out. I found it by accident - which pissed me off. But anyway, I'd like to hear how you're going about it.

As for going through the game "slowly", or with more depth.....I did the same thing. That's when I tossed out my older game and started over. I basically went straight down the list, ignoring the hotspots, or what I logically thought would be the next best step. I even ignored the "star difficulty" rating. I just ran into the places.

As it turned out that was a good idea....but even with that a LARGE amount of backtracking was still involved. I found that even if I went straight down the list that I needed to go back AGAIN because my missions would affect other areas- again! Even at times when I got a "mission complete" I learned that I STILL needed to go back again.

After a while I just gave up (in chapter 4, 5). They say women multi-task better than men. Perhaps that's the gist of it for me. Haha! Good luck, and as I noted, I look forward to your slant on the game.

Comment

I think Ill probably leave it at that, I really got into this game and according to the clock spent about 40 hours on it, although some of that time may of been idling. I enjoy battling against the foes and especially the bosses, Ive never been one to care too much about the little tasks and challenges that come along the way, so I cant see myself going back to find the Cactaurs etc etc, although there are a few more bosses I would like to beat, and also to complete the 100 level deep dungeon. But time is an issue, and I think Ill now start on Disaster Report, a game Ive long been meaning to get round to playing. As for FFX2 Ill put it to bed, I enjoyed the time I spent with it and although its not the best FF ever, it was quite refreshing and enjoyable, particularly in the last chapter.

Comment

Sorry to continue the off topic remark...

Marcus.....Disaster Report (Zettai Zetsumei Toshi) was a blast of a game. Sure it had flaws, but my god, what a great concept game. Easily workable for a 6 + hour romp (but it has multiple endings, with branching paths so replay is encouraged).

Do you have the Japanese, American, or European version? It was not well recieved in America - their loss, in my opinion.

I'd greatly like to hear your impressions.

Comment

Working...
                                X