No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 [XBox 360, PS3] - review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this demo different from the Dragons Dogma one?

Comment

but doesn't that go against the aim of a demo? If it turns potential buyers away from a title, that sounds like the developer is shooting themselves in the foot
      Well I dount any developer sets out to make a bad game (never mind a demo) has that will turn away people from buying it . I've played quite a few demo's where the final game is a hell of lot better and I'm glad I didn't just go on the demo . I think the demo is good , its on-line co-op and Chris levels that get to me

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Is this demo different from the Dragons Dogma one?
        Yeah, completely so.

Comment

I think if people remember the titles real name is Biohazard not resident evil it's context fits a lot better. I personally thought it was not too bad, a lot better than I was expecting its no survival horror game but more like a biohazard action adventure game. Chris' section is what 5 or even raccoon city should have been, Leon's was ok more set piece (ie RE-Charted) than 4 and lacking the polish. I haven't played the other one yet. Doubt I'll pick up on release but I might be tempted depending on price.

Comment

I rather enjoyed it, but i enjoyed 5 too, so maybe im just weird. We all know its not survival horror, just adventure with a few scares along the way, and a cheesy B movie story and feel, maybe a parody of itself.
            Last edited by MisterBubbles; 19-09-2012, 22:17.

Comment

I loved 5 too. I remember starting the first play thread after buying it on launch day while on holiday in Tokyo. Such a great day!!

Playing this new demo and its much preferred to the DD one. More action in Leon's section and it seems to run a "little" smoother. I can actually aim without overcompensating too much on the analogue.

Has gone from day 1 to no way and back to cautious optimis. Ive yet to do the Chris or Jake sections though.

Comment

All the sections are fun, it's just that it's cool to hate on the series for some reason at the moment...

But try it and decide - I just came away thinking its really fun and has deeper mechanics then most 3rd person shooters (aside from Vanquish!) Graphics are decent too, I really want to play this on PC but the release is later then consoles sadly.

Leon's was the best imo but thats not to say the others arent fun their just less atmospheric, but hopefully the final game will provide enough cool moments for all campaigns. This isnt Survival Horror but nor were 4 or 5, so if thats what you were expecting play something else...

Comment

Gotta say. Helena has a fantastic bum! At the end when she gets out of the car!!

I'm liking the hoodie zombies. It's a bit Shaun of the Dead.

Comment

I've only played Chris's section. It seems like Biohazard 5 with more complicated controls and item storage to me. I'll deffo buy it though. I really enjoyed part 5, no matter what you lot all said.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I really can't wait for this now. Popping heads hasn't been this fun in ages. If I was reviewing it though it would be one of the hardest games to score I would imagine.

Comment

I really like 5 too but I still felt like this was a step backwards in some respects. Nowhere near as bad as what some of the complainers are saying it is, but there is a slight bit of truth in the graphics taking a step backwards and the controls feeling more convoluted despite being able to move and shoot. Keeping my pre-order because there is still a decent title here providing you can accept its a continuation of the path the franchise has taken with 4 onwards.

Comment

Good points and bad. Played Leon's section which was cool, like the fast shooting gun, not sure about the discintergratring Zombies why can't the just fall on the floor? The quick navigating menus are great and needed a revamp. the camera is annoyingly close to Leon why not pull it back like before, not sure why the desogn decision was made to put it right on his back. Really hate how it tells you how close you are to the exit doors on sections. Talk about holding my hand nowadays in videogames, I don't need a dummy its like i'm 2. I can work out where I have to go and want to explore, fine showing me where the exit is on the map ala Res 4 but come on 7m to the door . Besides that thought the zombies were a welcome return, and played a bit of the Jake mission which was more action packed with the strange men and monsters. Heard Chris mission is proper pants so not tried it yet will give it a go later.
                          Last edited by JU!; 20-09-2012, 19:50.

Comment

You can turn off the objective marker from what i remember of the first demo? It was the first thing i did!

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                              You can turn off the objective marker from what i remember of the first demo? It was the first thing i did!
                              Yeah but it also removes the HUD.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Yeah but it also removes the HUD.
                                Will try that hopefully it will work. Some tweaks would help this a lot. I want to try co-op with another player offline I think it would be fun like Res 5. Still not sure how to get behind cover as well. Noticed in the thread someone said it was two buttons or something.
                                Last edited by JU!; 20-09-2012, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X