No announcement yet.

Double Dragon Neon (XBOX LIVE ARCADE) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid for it, and still think it is great for the money. I have played it more than some of the full retail releases. It is another perfect game just to throw on after coming home from work, simple and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
      I paid for it, and still think it is great for the money. I have played it more than some of the full retail releases. It is another perfect game just to throw on after coming home from work, simple and fun.
      Quoted for truth. That's something that's missing from games today. They’re either full on attention needers or some ****ty flash type game. Pretty much all games in the 16bit days and even up to Saturn and PlayStation were linear. I like linear games. After a hard day at work I'd rather just sit back, switch off the brain and bash away at the buttons. I keep the games that require more attention, reflexes and thinking for the weekend.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 03-10-2012, 01:57.

Comment

Agreed with the lovers, I think it's a great game! Its a real shame some people have completely missed the point. And as for paying for it... It's like ?7! The next time people go out just don't buy 2 beers.

Comment

Finished it this evening and its a decent enough game just not superb and in its on right just a punch and kick game

Humour wise loved the bit where skullmageddon was crying over his wrecked tv's and the songs (karaoke) are great but both of those are better than the game

Overall for me I will give it a 6/10 because its taken up a few hours of my life plus it was free and its been fun but giga skullmageddon is a cheap boss and effectively one hit can end your life so learning the patterns

Played level one on dragon level but with nights currently downloading I might not go back to this

stop hitting me

Comment

Oh, is nights out today. NICE!!! Going to grab that tonight on the 360.

Comment

Finished this yesterday, loved it!
              I'm still amazed that some people just didn't get it. It is so obviously tongue in cheek.

Only thing I think they needed to sort out was the way the shop + tapesmith are introduced and how they are available. It's very easy to just bypass them completely. I also think they were a bit stingy with the mythril. Having more mythril and stores at the start of each mission would have helped the desire to replay the game on harder difficulties.

I've started grinding a bit of mission 2 to get more mythril and cash to get a few upgrades and tackle dragon mode. It's only now that I've been looking closely at the tape upgrades to tackle the game.

Quality game though! I'm at 6 hours at the minute and that's finishing the game, doing some grinding and doing a few missions of dragon difficulty! Worth every penny!

Also, grinding mission 2 has got me addicted to the tune of that level

I wonder if that track was deliberately put on that mission because its a good mission to go back to to grind a bit.

Comment

Currently 75% off for the Xbox 360, ?1.68 down from the usual ?6.75. It's a Gold-only discount, though, but the first this game has had since its release.

Comment

Thanks! I'll check that out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X