No announcement yet.

Forza Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep it pays to use manual gears in this... I tend to keep most assists on in multiplayer but I always use manual gears as some cars just dont play nice in automatic.

Same as you I've had some absolutely epic races with some mates where fair play is the order of the day and even in public playlists I hold my own pretty well. The main problem with public is that it's public. You run the gauntlet of playing players overseas which lag and are therefore completely unpredictable, and then others who either dont play nice or cant drive for toffee. All that combined makes it hard to get ahead but usually if I do I can stay ahead of the pack and race well.

I think you just have to re-calibrate your mindset with this. It isnt Forza Motorsport 4 and you should take it too seriously. You can race serious and attempt to out-brake, out-wit and out-corner your opponent. All that is still possible... but at the end of the day if you're racing unknowns you cant take it too serious that it affects your fun. If you crash or get taken out, the next race in less than 5 minutes away.

In saying that I've had races where I was last after the first corner and managed to come 2nd or 3rd. It happens.

Comment

The Xbox Smartglass app is out for IOS now, you can use it to get a track map as you race

Comment

One thing with Horizon is that it just fits like a glove when coming back after a few days off from playing, it seriously is one of the most relaxing games i have played. I really do wish this game had cruise control, i could quite happily set the speed to 70mph and just cruise round and admire the stunning views. Has anyone actually tried this with a steering wheel and pedals?

Comment

Yeah I've been playing with a wheel and its superb. Every bit as good as FM4 in that regard.

Comment

I want to love this. Looks great, handles great, lots to do.. but every race is exactly the same, I'm so bored of Colorado already, and everybody in the game is a **** as well. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
              One thing with Horizon is that it just fits like a glove when coming back after a few days off from playing, it seriously is one of the most relaxing games i have played. I really do wish this game had cruise control, i could quite happily set the speed to 70mph and just cruise round and admire the stunning views. Has anyone actually tried this with a steering wheel and pedals?
              That's where I find the game is most enjoyable, just hammering along the roads trying to keep the speed up and avoiding the other cars and the landscape. I'm on the final tier racing wise but there's been few races that have worked and the presentation/design of the game is continually irritating, it's hard to believe someone actually wrote the lines of speech never mind thought they were good.

John

Comment

There really is very little in this game that annoys me but the one thing that really does get on my nerves is when im just cruising around enjoying the views and listening to the great music, every few mins or so i keep getting that really annoying girl interrupting the music reminding me to go to the showcase events. Jesus im not stupid i can quite clearly see them on my map and will go to them if i wish. I mean seriously once or twice fair enough but jesus every 5-10mins or so? Very irritating.

Comment

Yeah that was annoying, same with the Barn Finds. Ok mate... I'll drop in when I get the bloody chance, relax.

In the end I just went and did all the Output challenges, Showcase events and other incidental stuff and got it out of the way. Then you do get to drive around in peace.

Comment

Starting to tire of this now. Not the locations, not the handling, not even the annoying characters.

I'm really tired of the way games are designed nowadays. An hour after starting this game I had already picked up an R2 class car and had almost 20 cars in my garage. There is just little progression in racers now. I miss the days of things like Tokyo Highway Battle or NFS Underground when you fit a new part and really looked forward to the difference.
                    You never really spend more than a few minutes at a time in one vehicle and it takes such a short amount of play time to unlock fast or fully upgraded cars.

Comment

That's very true, the progression just seems random as it seems they chose the events at each stage by rolling a dice or something as they don't make any sense. I find it's very rare that I can do more of a couple of races in a go with the same car as there are so many different restrictions, I liked previously settling in with a car, getting a hang of the power delivery and handling etc. until I had perfected it (or at least happy with it!) and then time to move up a class onto the next one. I've got quite a few cars I really enjoy driving and want to spend more time with but I can't do that with the events which are a different car each time so end up just driving along outwith the events.

John

Comment

I didnt find it too taxing. I basically had a go-to car for each class or one I could upgrade/downgrade as required.

B Class - Lancia Delta Intergrale
                        A Class - Audi Quattro
                        S Class - Ferrari F40
                        R Class - Ford RS 2000

I basically used them almost exclusively throughout unless there was a specific age/manufacturer requirement and even then it wasnt hard to just buy one on the spot and auto-upgrade. I dont think it was that hard?

I did use a Pagani Zonda R and Ferrari F40 Competizione in places as well but they were my main go-to cars and that Ford RS2000 is gold for quick launch and basically out accelerating everything.

Comment

It's not a case of being too taxing nor being too difficult, more simply that I'd prefer to stick with one car for a while and work up through the classes so E ->D -> C etc. You shouldn't need to buy a car, downgrade/upgrade for almost every race and you should be able to stay with a car you like for a while to get a good feel of it particularly for the more powerful cars with driver aids off. At the moment I've got loads of races I need to buy a new car for despite having plenty in my garage such as Japanese class A, Chevy class A, under 15,000 class A, pre 90's US class B (or possibly A), a Viper race, an Aston Martin race, an Italian R2 race, an A-class saloon and others I can't remember - not one of the cars in your list would meet any of these requirements either.

John

Comment

The whole point of car tuning is to modify a car to the spec you want, not to have to keep taking parts on and off. It's just a little annoying that it happens in most games today, NFS MW has an ever worse system tbh.

It certainly isn't difficult. I have played the entire game so far on hard with 100% bonus to my earnings. Just 1800 points away from the gold wristband and beating that tosser Flynt.

Comment

The last two races, oh dear. The location is just not suited for the crazy fast R1 cars and all of the excitement and tension of the bumper to bumper racing is lost in the most important races of the game.

What a ****e end to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                The last two races, oh dear. The location is just not suited for the crazy fast R1 cars and all of the excitement and tension of the bumper to bumper racing is lost in the most important races of the game.

What a ****e end to the game.
                                I didn't like the last circuit race but

I was pleased to have a race round the entire map for the very final race although I was in the Radical SRT8 (or whatever it's called) which has great stats apart from a low top speed so I got completely mauled on the opening motorway stretch. I decided to hang on as last time I did a motorway crash all the other cars crashed at some point plus I thought my Radical could catch up in the twisty bits, I'm not sure what happened but I realised at some point his dot was just sitting static on the map so I caught up and passed him while he was down some side road. He seemed to spring straight back to my position (I assume there's some severe rubber banding) then he had a head on collision, dropped way back, suddenly re-appeared behind me and then crashed again. I thought it was funny until of course I remembered this was meant to be the ultimate race in the game.

I was also a bit puzzled by Darius' car, I assumed it must be pretty nippy as my car was very fast in the corners and up through the gears to make up for its poor top speed but Darius' car seemed to easily keep up and overtake me. Yet when I won it the car isn't even an R1, just a high R2 which seems strange given its seemingly high performance.

Last edited by JohnMcL7; 17-11-2012, 21:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X