No announcement yet.

Forza Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still adoring this game after visiting it either side of the recent glut of releases. It's just the perfect game to relax to - no real frustrations, no annoyances, I just shut my mind off and enjoy the ride.

It's pretty much a dead cert that whenever I hear the following two songs in future, the feeling of speeding down beautiful, gently winding roads lit by a hazy golden sunset is going to be all I picture.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
      I didn't like the last circuit race but [spoiler]I was pleased to have a race round the entire map for the very final race although I was in the Radical SRT8 (or whatever it's called) which has great stats apart from a low top speed so I got completely mauled on the opening motorway stretch. I decided to hang on as last time I did a motorway crash all the other cars crashed at some point plus I thought my Radical could catch up in the twisty bits, I'm not sure what happened but I realised at some point his dot was just sitting static on the map so I caught up and passed him while he was down some side road. He seemed to spring straight back to my position (I assume there's some severe rubber banding) then he had a head on collision, dropped way back, suddenly re-appeared behind me and then crashed again. I thought it was funny until of course I remembered this was meant to be the ultimate race in the game.

I was also a bit puzzled by Darius' car, I assumed it must be pretty nippy as my car was very fast in the corners and up through the gears to make up for its poor top speed but Darius' car seemed to easily keep up and overtake me. Yet when I won it the car isn't even an R1, just a high R2 which seems strange given its seemingly high performance.
      [/QUOTE]

The main issue I found apart from blatant rubber banding is that the R1 cars are miles too fast to be fun to drive. The 30fps update simply cannot cope with speeds of 220+ mph and the sheer acceleration makes it hard to focus on corners.

Comment

If there is one stand out moment for me playing Forza Horizon it simply has to be cruising along in the Lamborghini Murcielago and the song Punching in a Dream-The Naked and Famous comes on, i have fallen in love with this song and have to turn it right up every time it comes on when playing. Truly a brilliant gaming moment for me

Comment

I've finished most of the single player as I'm up to rank 1 and done all the showcases, the kudos system seems to really favour very high speed so one quick blast up the highway can rake in a silly amount of points whereas lots of handbraking, drifting, burnouts etc. linked together doesn't seem to bring in much. Also my ultimate combos seem to have come from the times I have completely lost control of my car in a fairly spectacular way and my frenzied efforts to try and get the car pointing the right direction on its wheels have racked up the points. Game still feels very cheeky as a full price release given how much they were able to lift from FM4 and straight away into DLC that should have been in the game...not planning on supporting any of that although may give in if they release any of the current LMP1 manufacturer cars although I think that's unlikely.

I've been enjoying some of the multiplayer more than I thought as clearly the AI is what makes some of the single player not work very well although I'm starting to get sick of people who just don't bother braking for corners and ram into you leaving your car upside down completely scuppering any chance of a decent result. I usually get a good launch (presumably from manual shifting and no traction control) which means little when I get to the first corner and my car is completely wrecked. It's a shame the skill group still seems to allow all the driving aids as it would be a lot more entertaining to have a mode where all aids were forced off.

John

Comment

Working...
          X