Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Burnout

Comment

The very first Burnout was amazing. I loved the Ronin inspired environments. I never got along with Burnout Paradise. It just never clicked with me. Can't wait to play this NFS though. Got it on order for PS3 and Vita. I am away from home this weekend so will start with Vita version

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
        Sorry for p1$$1ng on the thread, but does anybody just miss a good old racer ie Burnout, not paradise or any of this open world guff. Straight out point racing with added MP for laughs?
        Forza Horizon is pretty much all like that. The gameworld is open but 95% of the races are on a pre set route.

Comment

Burnout one was good but you got punished quite easily IMHO, a bit like the first wipeout game. And just like Wipeout the 2nd version had a great overhaul in graphics and difficulty whilst increasing the adrenaline rush. Really REALLY wish some kind of natural successor would rear its head as the subsequent games completely lost that spirit and energy IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            Given the hard to reach 60fps on PC and unstable 30fps max on consoles from Criterion, the makers of the awesome solid 60fps Paradise the title of the game is a little ironic now. Amirite!?
            New Graphics card time.

Comment

In FSW's defence it's meant to run pretty bad on the best spec PCs. Just a poor console port which i bet would have been down to EA making the developers rush it out for christmas.

Comment

This is definitely from the Paradise school of thought, very different feel than Horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                  Anyone picked up the Vita Version?
                  recieved my copy today,only had a brief go but the framerate is smooth even if its running at 30fps.Sound seems good and the draw distance looks convincing but ill post a better impression later tonight

Comment

Vita version is excellent.

Graphically compromised but the entire game / content of the big brother version is all in. No difference apart from aesthetics.

Bloody superb!

Comment

Thought 3 pages might have a bit more 'first play' but hey ho always good to talk about the frame rate....

Mine is in hand but am not allowed to use the tv, am even thinking of going out to rebuy a Vita from Blockbuster to play tonight

Anyone tried online yet? challenges are the main thing I am interested in tbh...

Also, OT but does it have any use of the webcam ala Paradise and does an xbox cam work on a ps3??

Comment

My first play impressions: I can't see what route I'm meant to bloody take half the time. Not ideal in a racing game. The removal of the takedown camera is a real shame in my opinion, although obviously there are many who turned it off anyway. Still, why not keep it as an option? I'm not entirely sure about the convoluted multi-layered menu system either - everything's all over the place!

Its timing is also unfortunate. I keep comparing it to Forza Horizon and it often falls short. I just don't think Criterion make games in line with my tastes any more

Comment

I hear the EA online pass only affects racing points, and you can still play multiplayer online. Which is great, cus NFS: HP annoyed me as my main account is the Japanese one and could only play trial online. Multiplayer on NFS: MW sounds and looks great fun, some of the races and stuff are so funny to see like jumping on roofs of Super markets and over ramps. The quick look on Giant Bomb was interesting. Looking fwd to playing as enjoyed NFS: HP and a bit of Burnout back in the day.
                          Last edited by JU!; 01-11-2012, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                            Vita version is excellent.

Graphically compromised but the entire game / content of the big brother version is all in. No difference apart from aesthetics.

Bloody superb!
                            Native or blurathon?

Tbh i dont even know why i am asking, i already know what the answer will be.

Comment

I didnt like Burnout Paradise when it first came out but since they patched it and tweaked it the whole game improved immensely. That said, I'm not a huge fan of open world for racers in general... it dilutes the experience with extra guff of driving from point A to B just to start a race.

It's impressive, sure... but when you just want to race and burn 30mins gaming time it's a massive overhead. On that note that is one thing that has been a non-issue in Forza Horizon. It's open world but not in the true sense as most of the scenery is just that, you're limited to roads and the occasional off-road open section such as golf courses etc... As such it's very hard to get lost.

Equally if you want you can just fast-track close to almost any race and some race hubs have 10+ events in the one location. Then when you finally do get racing the track itself is mostly clearly defined and so you dont mess up races by going completely off route.

Anyway... Having experienced that I think other games should take note. Open world can work but I think it has to be structured right so that just like if the gamer wants to ignore events and go off exploring they can, but equally if they want to shelve the exploration experience they can also just concentrate on the core races themselves.

Choice.

Anyway I'm a bit miffed as both my copies of AC3 and NFS are sat waiting for me at the post office and I've got meetings all afternoon so I cant pop out and pick them up before the weekend. I suppose that gives me more time to play Forza Horizon and Borderlands2 instead. In other great news my copy of Halo4 shipped over night.

Too many games right now...

Comment

To those who have played both, how does this compare to the 2005 NFS:MW, gameplay wise?

Comment

Working...
                                X