Halo 4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halo 4 review

Typically dropped weapons do stay there for the entire duration of the level I think. In which case a disappearing one is a glitch. The far away enemy thing is because the enemies are only programmed to respond to chief when he's within a set distance even though his bullets can travel further than that distance thus allowing you to just wear them down from miles away.

Comment

i think enemies should always react to being shot, especially head shots, no matter what distance you shoot them from. this "glitch" is really killing the illusion of AI for me. a really bad thing for a game series that build a good portion of its reputation on smart AI.

Comment

That was the good thing about halo ce, if you made yourself know to the enemy on legendary you better well be prepared to fight your way out of it. I once had an elite chase me for half a level on the 2nd level, stalking me, taking pot shots, hiding again, I didn't think game characters could do that and it wasn't until my pal pointed out the grunt blood from when its shields were down and one exploded next to it did I believe him. Its like all the enemies from the newer games are retarded cousins of the originals.

Comment

The last 2 weeks of Spartan ops have been very good, no reused areas from campaign and the actual maps they have made are actually much larger and feel more like a campaign map.

They've also had a few in game cutscenes too!

I'm actually really enjoying the story, the quality of the CG is absolutely first class and the actual story is far more intriguing than the actual main game!

Comment

The file browser for custom maps is now working as well.

Comment

Just started to play this at long last. Enjoying it so far. Done the first 4 levels on legendary, some really tough battles but getting through it.

Comment

I've just started the new batch of Spartan Ops (chapter 6) but still finding it completely rubbish as it doesn't feel like there's any design to it, just dump lots of enemies on you and when you think you're getting somewhere they dump a lot behind you to make sure you have no chance of getting into any cover. I thought I was getting on ok at one point while indoors and hunting Elites and then the game spawned the Promethean hounds in front, to the side and behind me who instantly killed me before I could even see what had happened. Then later while facing off against six hunters I couldn't work out what was killing me as whatever cover I went into, it always got me then realised there was a phantom hovering overhead that just kept mauling me while I tried to escape the hunters. I feel like I'm missing something as I don't find it enjoyable at all, I really miss Reach's Firefight mode which I could play pretty much endlessly.

John

Comment

Spartan Ops isnt bad but it absolutely needs co-op. If you play them solo it isnt nearly as good in terms of experience.

I've done the first 5 chapters but half of that I did solo and it just isnt the same. I've since gone back to a few of them with 3 mates on legendary and it is much more fun, especially episodes that feature vehicles.

The Majestic Map Pack video is now doing the rounds. All three maps are small to mid-size but look pretty decent on face value. They arrive next tuesday. I am hoping this map pack is better than the last as I didnt really feel it that much with the last one. They were ok at best.

Also if anyone is playing custom matches and wants some classic maps I've spent some time going through remakes on the file share and have put a good 7-8 on on my own share for download. The list includes remakes of Foundation, Lockout, Ascension, Guardian, Narrows and Ivory Tower... and I've picked the best versions out of several in most cases.

Comment

New map pack (majestic) out today with 3 new maps: Landfall, Monolith and Skyline.

The last two are small maps, skyline would be perfect for 2v2 up to maybe 6 players. Monolith is a little bigger, symmetrical but quite complex with some sneaky alternate routes. The best of the bunch though is Landfall. Immediately I think its one of the nicest maps with simple flow, nice range of long and short sight lines.

Finally some great, new maps in normal rotation.

Comment

I picked up a pre-owned XBOX last week from GAME...and to mark the occasion, thought I'd pick up Halo 4 as well.

Problem is...I haven't been able to play the Campaign as it just boots me back to the main menu after the intro movie.

Seems like this is a known problem as listed on the official forums, but there doesn't seem to be a fix yet...

Over the years, the ways and places which players engage with each other and with development studios has continued to evolve. Nowadays, there are more platforms and opportunities than ever to participate in communities of all shapes and sizes. For years, these Waypoint forums have served as a communal hangout where we’ve shared our passions […]

Updated my 360 and updated the game itself, but still the same. Very frustrating. Anyone else had this? I bought HALO 4 used, but the disc looks completely fine, as new.

Comment

Have you installed the game?

Comment

I tried, but it gave me a dirty disc error.

Also tried on another 360, and got the same.

The disc is used, but it is flawless, like new. On the forums, they reckon it might have something to do with older 360's, I have tested on a 2006 and a 2009 model. So weird. Can't return the game either since it was done in a private trade with someone I don't really know.

Comment

Working...
                          X