No announcement yet.

Devil may cry demo review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the game only give you the choice of 1 door to walk through at a time?

Comment

Well, well, well.

Finally Capcom farming out a much loved IP to a Western developer has paid off.

This was a fantastic demo. Graphically if looks strong and it controls really well.

Loved the moment when you go into Devil Trigger and you see "proper Dante".

Can't wait for Jan 13th!

Comment

The demo was super fantastic, and out Bayonetta's, Bayonetta. Over to platinum to see what Bayonetta 2 will do.

Comment

I really don't like Ninja Theory's are style, it's so ugly.

Comment

I was sold on the feel of this in the first few seconds. Dead weighty and solid, and I love how Dante proper throws himself into those sword swings. Also, fantabulous visual feedback is a must for hack and slash, and it really delivers in that sense.

The boss battle really knocked me for six though - I loved that its design was flat out disgusting, and that during the cut scene its witty riffing with Dante descended into them just screaming swears at each other. I actually chuckled. The fight wasn't the most skillful but fantastic in terms of spectacle. I love how the creature readjusts itself each time you swing to another platform - The platinum influence seems in full effect and the obligatory post demo attract mode shows stuff that looks bananas.

I absolutely loved Enslaved and this seems even more ambitious and nuts. S'gone from a '20 pound special' into potential day 1-er.

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            Is Andy Serkis providing motion capture?
            Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            ^ I'd like to know this too. The man's a clunge.
            Aww. I like the guy, he really throws himself into these videogame projects and has genuine enthusiasm for them. That post made me lol, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              The only thing thats not there is the challenge. But it might be there in the full version.
              Increase the difficulty?

Comment

I hated the swearing in that boss battle, its just lame and embarassing, not funny, dmc should be about cheesy one liners. any word on how capcom are going to exploit the dlc with this? I thought i saw some info about weapon packs or something after the demo but i have the japanese demo so couldnt read it

Comment

Virgil is DLC. Really like the demo though, looks really pretty boot. Will try and hold out for PC version though - 60fps will make this super lush!!

Ninja Theory have done a decent job I'd say!

Comment

Played the demo and can't say anything about the appearance or the feel of combat as they are satisfactory. I expect the main game will be more exciting though as the playable stage felt very much like an early level in the game, taking you through the basics before allowing you to get into the meat of what the game has to offer.

Hopefully nearer to release we'll be able to see what this brawling contender really has to offer. So far, not a bad effort NT.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                      Increase the difficulty?
                      I beat the demo at the unlockable difficulty, and its still easy.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrmikiw View Post
                        I hated the swearing in that boss battle, its just lame and embarassing, not funny, dmc should be about cheesy one liners.
                        Agreeed. But I thought the one-liner "attitudes" from the main character where equally horrible. Like Justin Beiber with a bad attitude!

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                        I beat the demo at the unlockable difficulty, and its still easy.
                        Looks like one you should avoid then. It may only be the first level your playing, but if its too easy for you I'd give it a miss then.

Comment

I think this one is more about narrative than old school challenge. There are ratings, but as you can see its not hard to get S and it also doesn't seem to go beyond it. The levels seem to be linear and its full of cutscenes. Its a typical NT cinematic experience but with good gameplay for a change.

Capcom's plan is delivering a more accessible, western designed DMC game. They probably succeeded in doing that, but the question is if this is going to sell.

Comment

Working...
                          X