Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell Blacklist Spies VS Mercs (360/Ps3/WiiU/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 hours into this according to Steam. Loving it. So underrated it's criminal. I've replayed a few levels using different styles it's so good that it caters to everyone. The movement of Sam is super smooth, the levels are really cleverly designed and for RPG nerds like myself there is customisation galore. The AI on realistic is brutal as well, really adds to the tension and forces you to be patient if using Ghost method.

I've enjoyed the online co-op missions as well, again the levels are designed to cater for both solo and co-op. I've had my arse kicked to Timbuktu in the multiplayer. I cannot pick it up for some reason but I will stick at it. Luckily enough there are still a few peeps playing this online on PC.

I've barely touched the SP campaign, been really hammering the side missions and upgrading the plane and my gear. I will easily hit 50-100 hours on this I reckon.

Excellent game thus far, I hope enough peeps bought this game so Ubi makes another.

Comment

OK finally finished the SP campaign. 89 hours according to steam, I reckon probably 10-15 hours of that are SvM.

The more I played, the more stuff I discovered, this really is a game that peeps spent a lot of time and thought constructing. My hats off to them, this is an excellent, excellent game. I'm no Splinter Cell veteran though, having only played this and Conviction (which I also thought was great), so perhaps old school fans didn't appreciate this one, although I have no idea why. This is better on almost every level than Conviction (though I really liked the black & white thing).

Little tiny details such as the screens on the Paladin which highlighted stats about the game I thought were great, challenges were surprisingly addictive and I thought the segue between multiplayer and co-op and SP was also really good.

Difficulty-wise, I thought it was bang on, I was not too frustrated (except at myself for being too impatient/ careless etc) and didn't get bored of repeated play-throughs as I had different objectives/goals each time. I could probably spend another 20 or so hours doing perfectionist, and if I didn't have a million games waiting to be played, I probably would.

My only real criticisms are: 1) the matchmaking/multiplayer/co-op/online lobby - bloody rubbish. How can the company that made (in my humble opinion) the best match making lobby in Rainbow Six: Vegas, go so backwards. I've whinged about this before with other Ubi games (Ghost Recon etc). Why can't I see what games are online, ping, maps, difficultly etc BEFORE I join the game???? It's criminal.
      2) you cannot leave a multiplayer game - there were numerous occasions where we were in a game with hackers/modders or spawn campers or one team full of noobs vs a team of level 56's. ****ty decision not to be able to quit.

Anyhow, apart that this is an awesome game. 9/10 easy. One of the best I've played in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
      X