No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter 4 [3DS] - possible spoilers!! review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realised yesterday that to do the riding properly, you're not supposed to attack the monster when it's flailing around. Always just mashed the button lol. I also noticed the other players aren't supposed to attack while someone is riding as well, sometimes it'll knock you off.

Got my Dosrampos/Velocidrome guild quest up to high rank (about lvl.40 atm) now as well, you get quite a few charms from mining and more often than not a weapon/armour from the quest rewards. It's quite weird that to level up the weapon/armour from those quests you use armour stones instead of monster parts.

Been trying to figure out what the woman/man in the mountain village does with the three charms you can give him/her. Wasted quite a lot of charms, but still dunno what it's supposed to do.

Not sure if there is supposed to be another 'boss' after the village 5* urgent, but it was pretty disappointing. Bit too easy, I thought tigrex was harder.

I think they got it right with the amount of solo player stuff in this game, usually got quite bored after a while in the old ones but play a decent amount of both solo and online in this one.

Comment

When the little monster head is red, hold R so it goes yellow, then go back to attacking when it's green again. If you stamina depletes then you'll fall off as well.

The charm guy is supposed to make another charm from what you give him. Not done it myself yet so don't know the system.

Comment

I'll be on later. I've got a number of HR2 guild quests still to do. I really want to get to HR3, so I can get Mega Nutrients more easily. I beat the gorilla by myself in 47 minutes yesterday, but the shark is impossible by myself. The remaining quests seem even more difficult, so it is calling for an MP session.

I think the charm guy is there so you can get charms that you wouldn't find according to your charm table.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post

Got my Dosrampos/Velocidrome guild quest up to high rank (about lvl.40 atm) now as well.
          I don't follow here Bud, what do you mean? Can you raise the level of single hunts or something?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The guild quests you have to set to be available (via the menu) level up every time you play through them.

Comment

You'll have to show me, I still don't get it. LOL
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's the mysterious forest quests.
                Each time you defeat the monster, they level up the next time.

And unlike previous Monster Hunters, the best armours and charms are attained this way.

Comment

It's a little odd but yeah.

Comment

Was watching this video earlier, just to give you an idea of how much damage the lvl.100 velocidrome does (around 2:43): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57UnsXDy2Dw

Slowed down my pace in playing a bit now (don't think I can be bothered playing properly after work lol), just found a goa high rank quest in the streetpass guild quests, so gonna aim to do that on the weekend. Need it's parts to upgrade one of my insect sticks.
                    Last edited by KusoGaki; 30-09-2013, 22:13.

Comment

You guys still playing ? Got up to HR5 during the week.

I'm online now, and will be on and off during the day today.

Comment

You making a room? just jumping on now.
                        still only HR3!

Comment

made one

Comment

Is the language barrier horrendous for this game? The hunting gameplay doesn't look too bad, but some of the other stuff looks very text heavy.

Comment

If you NEED the know what's going on story-wise then it'll make a difference, also parts necessary for particular armour, but those can be looked up (at some point when someone makes a guide).

Comment

Cheers Kryss, really like the look of this game, and I have a Japanese LL on the way in November. Sorely tempted to get this

Comment

Working...
                                X