No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter 4 [3DS] - possible spoilers!! review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have one of every weapon in your equipment chest in your house to start with.
    As for combining, when you select one item to combine, all the other items that can't be combined with it are then dulled in your box. There is no level limitation on what you can combine so just go crazy.

Farming monsters to make armour is much easier online, but practicing offline is a good idea. There's always that weak link in the team...
    Don't forget to eat before you go on a quest, the cat near the departure gate can cook you up something tasty but only once per quest.

Comment

So, how are y'all getting on?

I've been rubbish at organising online games (sorry MrB if you're reading this!), but have been progressing through lots of single player, along with a lot of gathering hall via local coop too. It's a bloody marvellous game and almost certainly going to be in consideration for my game of the year.

Fought my first
      monster today, which was an utter dick. I love it!

Comment

Are these games like Bloodborne?

Never played 'em y'see...

Comment

MH pre-dates Demon Souls by several years, but that's besides the point. Have you not seen any videos of them? Here's one of MHTri from the Wii:

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          So, how are y'all getting on?

I've been rubbish at organising online games (sorry MrB if you're reading this!), but have been progressing through lots of single player, along with a lot of gathering hall via local coop too. It's a bloody marvellous game and almost certainly going to be in consideration for my game of the year.

Fought my first
          monster today, which was an utter dick. I love it!
          Still only done village quests...Will be offline only for a while as I've still got one exam left before my holiday. And probably won't be playing much while in Japan either, just finishing the streetpass pics and getting my fishing on.

...Now you've got me wanting to play this again, and soon. We'll work out something online sometime.

Comment

The biggest Souls/MH likeness is in the core combat - there are no 'throwaway' actions, and thoughtless play will leave you exposed and likely to be punished. Many find it slow to start off with, but it's very measured and incredibly satisfying when you get things right. The actual format of how you do things is hugely different though - Bloodborne is ultimately fairly linear and story-driven, whereas MH is mission based and pretty much endless.

That said, I got the credits roll today! 120 hours on the clock... but now a bunch more opens up for single player, and the gathering halls calls out even louder...

Comment

Nice, it totally sounds like something I'd enjoy. I'll pick it up.

Comment

i have played a little bit of previous monster hunter games such as the psp and wii games but never put in much time but i got a 3ds and this was on offer so i gave it a try . Really feels more of what i have played before i think i will put more time into it but there is nagging feeling that i wish it came to wii-u instead.

Still i do enjoy it only fought one major monster (which felt like it took a long time) but i know that is part of the course with the game

Comment

Anyone else still playing? I'm still loving this, on the cusp of finally hitting G rank and now fighting some crazy elder dragons in the process.

Comment

When i can I am,but back to school tomorrow.

Comment

Humbug! What rank are you, and what weapons are you using this time?

Comment

Noob question for someone on the fence, not sure if they've got time enough to invest in this tempting prospect: are SP and MP games/saves totally separate? If so, how does that impact how things unfold, progression, drops, etc.?

Comment

SP and MP are actually the same, but playing MP ramps the difficultly up depending on the number of players.
                          You can use 100% of what you carve/make online while offline.

Fuse: HR1 still sadly.

Comment

Cheers, Kryss.

Comment

Double post, sorry! Please delete.

Comment

Just bought this. Liking it so far (not very!). The intro movie has some superb 3D.

Comment

Working...
                                X