No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter 4 [3DS] - possible spoilers!! review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10pm is alright. Online is different to 3U, but it's easier to join a friend's room. You select online, then friends, and join whoever is online. As it's only going to be us anyway it makes no difference who you choose. We have it password set for non-friends, so basically unless you are on the list you can't get into the room. Kryss and I have done 3* village quests, but now we need to go online to level up as there is a major boss fight at the end of 3*, which we are curently too weak to do. You'll likely hit the same hurdle that we have, so you're at about the same stage that we are, only we're at HR2 in MP.

We use Google Hangouts for voice chat.

Don't worry Dave, you don't even really need to be able to read other than for weapons and armor/armor skills, providing you've played 3U. We have a free in-game translation service too
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-09-2013, 14:35.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nice.
      You have to let me know your details so I can add you to google hangout.

As long as you don't mind re-doing some online HR1 stuff.

I'm still using default armour and hunter staff. Need something a bit better methinks.

Comment

Wait until you see my armour, I look like Zone of the Enders I don't mind re-doing HR1 quests. It's better in the long-run anyway, and we'll have three in the team then too.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Room is up, do you know how to get online Jim?

Comment

Server maintenance!!

Urgent blocking poor Nintendo :-(

Comment

Yup.
              Just as I posted my urgent... DENIED!

Cheers fellas.
              Was a bit difficult for me trying to communicate.

Comment

No probs Jim. We'll get it sorted. HR2 tomorrow, then we can death squad the Rathian etc.

Good progress for a six-hour session Kryss. Al went down in no time.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just got up to 5* village quests. Was not fun at all doing the urgent quest, almost 20 minutes to beat it.
                  Otherwise been grinding the guild quests, that you get from streetpass, not too sure how the rewards system works but sometimes you get a piece of armour. (Got hunter arm and mail so far.)

Got a streetpass from a person who is already HR45, bloody crazy. :-/

Might see if I can pick up a cheap router in Akiba tomorrow, cba doing the HR2 missions by myself. xD

Comment

How do you repel the Goa Magara Wing? I've blasted it with the cannon a bunch of times, but it has little effect. It doesn't ever seem to get in front if the dragonator either. It kills me in one hit too. I'm getting annoyed at it now.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                      Just got up to 5* village quests. Was not fun at all doing the urgent quest, almost 20 minutes to beat it.
                      Otherwise been grinding the guild quests, that you get from streetpass, not too sure how the rewards system works but sometimes you get a piece of armour. (Got hunter arm and mail so far.)

Got a streetpass from a person who is already HR45, bloody crazy. :-/

Might see if I can pick up a cheap router in Akiba tomorrow, cba doing the HR2 missions by myself. xD
                      Only 20 mins? Soloing Brachy on 3U took me 47 with stupidly underpowered kit.

The third time I did the first Guild Quest (DosRampos) the "Treasure" area was open and I got some extra bits.

It's really interesting how you can get the same kit but with completely different stats from those quests.

Comment

The repel mission was pretty difficult for me too.
                        I just shot it with the cannon and arrow machine thing whenever it went to the side. Then big spike when it went to the front.
                        Mainly tried to hide beneath it, near it's rear legs, whenever it was on the ship.
                        Only beat it on my third try.

Might be worth changing armours if it's killing you in one hit.
                        This is the set up I use at the moment:

Pretty much just a mixture of kut ku, velocidrome/ranbos, and hunter arm.
                        Think it kills me in 3 hits with this set.

I think Brachios is maybe harder, because you can hide under Goa a lot of the time.
                        Seem to have read he turns up later in the game as well.

Are the buffs random on the armour as well? I've only found one with some kind of health buff so far, seems to be in a slot though and can't change it.

Randomly found out today, on the ice map inside the caves you can jump off the wall and onto the icicles hanging from the ceiling.
                        Pretty nice touch, was a bit shocked when it happened.

Comment

Can you not take the gem from the item after researching it?

As for armour, j0e and I haven't tried again since we both got full spider armour the other day. He only uses bows so he's naturally a one hit kill. I'm off to try it again but with proper preparation first (this will be my second try).

Comment

Fought it off in just under 8 mins

Comment

Anyone going to be this afternoon/ evening?

Comment

Still needing that urgent? I can be on after chatting with my family, if I can stay awake. Make a room and I'll join you about 4.30-5ish.

edit:
                                KusoGaki, you playing on a 2DS?
                                Last edited by kryss; 22-09-2013, 12:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X