No announcement yet.

PES 2014 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Fifa certainly has issues, poor player selection is the main one. It's just off the chart better. I really thought PES would be back this year. Glad others are enjoying it, I guess but people should learn Fifa imo. In full flow, frankly I am a joy to watch.

Comment

After spending quite a while with PES 2014 it does have flashes of brilliance but there are as mentioned above quite a few annoying things. For me No transfer update yet is unreal! The biggest gameplay issues that annoy me are Keepers, last night Cech did not move for a rebound just stood still. And Shooting which is simply just not powerful enough. Sometimes it will hit a hard shot from the 18 yard box, but anything outside feels floaty.

Comment

I think it's important to remember that this is essentially the 1st game of a new PES series.

They've built it in a year and it's far from perfect or even complete.

I think the foundation is fun and solid, and by next year, we're going to have one hell of a game.

Down to 5th in the ranking now.

Basically, what happened is...Konami seemed to have banned 3 players above me for cheating (I'd played them all, and they lag cheat when they're getting beat so the game disconnects).

I'd reported them all to Konami via their system, and all 3 were removed yesterday so I moved from 5th to 2nd...

...but today, they're all back.

Such a shame. They're really bad cheaters.

Here's a list of the worst cheaters I've come across, who have cheated multiple times against me, and I can't even block them until I complete a game against them (which would mean losing, as they disconnect when I'm winning...arrgh Konami):

RAZOR_FM (PC) - Connection worsens cheat.
        PESGuru (PC) - Connection worsens cheat. (very poor player with high rating = epic cheater).
        zlaja (PC) - Connection worsens cheat.
        bologhine2003 (PC) - Connection worsens cheat. He is 3rd in the world now I believe.
        Ozgur_94 (PC) - Connection worsens cheat.
        Hiberto (PC) - Number 1 player in the world. Connection worsens cheat.
        Last edited by 25.05.2005; 31-10-2013, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
          I think it's important to remember that this is essentially the 1st game of a new PES series.

They've built it in a year and it's far from perfect or even complete.

I think the foundation is fun and solid, and by next year, we're going to have one hell of a game.

Down to 5th in the ranking now.

Basically, what happened is...Konami seemed to have banned 3 players above me for cheating (I'd played them all, and they lag cheat when they're getting beat so the game disconnects).

I'd reported them all to Konami via their system, and all 3 were removed yesterday so I moved from 5th to 2nd...

...but today, they're all back.

Such a shame. They're really bad cheaters.

Here's a list of the worst cheaters I've come across, who have cheated multiple times against me, and I can't even block them until I complete a game against them (which would mean losing, as they disconnect when I'm winning...arrgh Konami):

RAZOR_FM (PC) - Connection worsens cheat.
          PESGuru (PC) - Connection worsens cheat. (very poor player with high rating = epic cheater).
          zlaja (PC) - Connection worsens cheat.
          bologhine2003 (PC) - Connection worsens cheat. He is 3rd in the world now I believe.
          Ozgur_94 (PC) - Connection worsens cheat.
          Shame about all those people cheating amazed at some length pekoe will go to in order to win the mind boggles. Hope 1st place person is an honest guy/girl.

Agreed very solid foundations and lots to build on. Passing still impresss a lot and some of the atmosphere are great in the stadia, I think heart function and jostling are my fav things at the mo as heart really gives players a boost if they so some tricks have a few shots etc. Some of the stronger players can really push people off the ball with thee right stick.

I hope they can add more individuality too as some extra players seemed to have it in PES 2013, I feel Torres for example. The November 800 faces plus tweaks patch is very near according to Community Manager on Twitter, who has been away testing it.

Comment

I found the jostling exceptionally annoying. At times I just want to move the ball away from the opponent and it won't let me. Passing is great though. Superb.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
              Hope 1st place person is an honest guy/girl.
              Nope

Just played the number 1 player in the world - he has a perfect record.

He had 3 sent off...and was losing 3-2 in the 90th minute.

Guess what...HE'S A CHEAT TOO.

LAG CHEATED TO A DISCONNECTION.

Here's the screen. Will report to Konami. It's disgusting, really is.

HIS NAME IS HIBERTO - 2014 PES CHEAT.

So, confirmed, 3 of the 4 top players in the world are DEFINITELY lag cheats. I sit in 5th. Really gets on my nerves.

Last edited by 25.05.2005; 31-10-2013, 15:47.

Comment

I can imagine mate 25.05.2005 at least you know you are not cheating seems so stupid that people can get away with disconnecting on purpose.

Video found by 19Oloztn81 @ WENB forums.

Nice video hope PES 2014 gets the Japanese kit and faces.

I think we can see what happened. PES 2014 is WE build 1.00. They had more time with WE 2014 so build 1.00 (PES 2014) stabilized it, and what we get in a patch is build 1.05 which is technically WE 2014. At least this is what I think has happened.

As a result I think the patch will come on the release date of WE 2014.

Aren't PES and WE usually released closer together or WE first released in my experience? I know there is always another version of WE released after the Final game that is tightened up WE6: FE, WE7: LWE, WE10: J league, WE 2010: Samurai Blue. Wonder if this will happen with WE 2014 too.
                Last edited by JU!; 02-11-2013, 07:28.

Comment

Congratulations on being the best (non-cheating) PES player in the world!

Comment

When it gets it right...PES really does crap all over FIFA doesn't it.

Nice video!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Congratulations on being the best (non-cheating) PES player in the world!
                    lol, I think there's one guy genuinely above me. At least...I haven't played him, so I can't tell if he's a cheater. But I suppose the telling point is that when Konami removed all the cheaters (for their 1 day ban ) the other week, he was not removed. So I think he is legit.

I had a 31 game win streak destroyed by the 'before game connection bug' today. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Cost me -16 points too. Which will take me at least 12+ games to make up assuming I win them all.

I love PES. But boy, do I hate PES.
                    Last edited by 25.05.2005; 04-11-2013, 16:44.

Comment

PES is to Fifa now what Fifa was to PES years ago, not even close. Got a PS3? Get a copy and I will show you what you can do in it.
                      The only people that prefer PES are hangers on that don't put the time to learn it. I used to buy 3 PES games a year. It was hard to switch believe me.

Comment

Oh and for the record, Fifa is an evolution of PES anyway. All the fundamentals Konami did first. I don't mean to be hating, just facing up to reality.

Comment

lol, damning.

Comment

There's supposedly a patch due out soon. Maybe it will make it good. Haha.

Comment

It is good though. The patch will make it better, hopefully. It was obviously rushed, nut the core game is amazing. Much better than the mechanical 'gamer' version of football that FIFA spits out for people who can't get to grips with a real football simulation.

Or maybe I'm just a hanger on who can't be bothered to learn the increasingly brilliant FIFA.

Groan.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                                It is good though. The patch will make it better, hopefully. It was obviously rushed, nut the core game is amazing. Much better than the mechanical 'gamer' version of football that FIFA spits out for people who can't get to grips with a real football simulation.

Or maybe I'm just a hanger on who can't be bothered to learn the increasingly brilliant FIFA.

Groan.
                                I want PES to be back to its best. I'm a past PES fanatic, but after giving Fifa a chance a few years ago, I have learnt to love its organic, fluid and responsive gameplay. It's not perfect, but it's still a year or two ahead of PES.

Even with this "new engine", PES feels rushed (to compete with FIFA), shoe-horned, and unfinished. It's a shame because at times it shines, but then as soon as I smile, it delivers me a wet fart all down my front.

I'll give the patch a try. Hopefully, the rest of the game is in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X