No announcement yet.

1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've almost got the spin down... almost 59590 is my highest score... Not sure if a constant spin is needed, or just a single spin to get it going, if you get me... need to play some more.

I've got all the boards now and the last one is max in that character's stat. So, Kamen's is top speed, Rob balance, etc... I've got the new clothes for Kamen and Rob. Kamen's is cool though! Could it be any more puffy?!

I know what you mean with extreme though - I haven't done that yet, the CPU races almost flawlessly. It also uses the alternate clothes for each character There are 7 races on that one too, so I reckon there is another character at least... or something

I also have some secret boards too, from doing golds on gate challenge. The first one is funny

Quality game though, "I'm lovin' it"

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
      I don't know if I can beat my 40,000 score tho....
      I was about to post my new high score on Air Make of 57,600 points, with a x12 combo.....but:

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
      59590 is my highest score
      looks like a challenge is on...
      How many combos did you get and what board did you use etc?

(I did just get a score of 99,451 on the trick course tho.....not sure where that 1 came from, mind)

Comment

10, IIRC - can I check? I used Kamen and his pulse (grind theory) board (the last one). Also, I was doing backflips

edit: just checked (replay, I had to show the missus) - the score is 59500, 0'9"61 seconds. Dunno about the combos. But man, there is 40 seconds on the clock to begin with... must be able to get some blinding scores

Comment

and that was only a x9 combo, rather than my previous x12!!!
          How did I do it, you ask?? I used flips instead of spins

...and I'm sure I can better that score, too....can't be arsed now tho

PS:- I think Ricky W is the best for Air Make too *natch*

Comment

Sweeet 8) I think Ricky has the best jump, huh? I'll try that later

Might start a time trail thread too. I got down to 52"xxx on the first course... *ahem*

Comment

now, I don't know if this counts as '1337' or not, but:
              75,900, x11 combo

I think I'll retire now, thanks

Not sure about time trialling being my thing tho...I'll stick to tricking

I also have some secret boards too, from doing golds on gate challenge. The first one is funny
              but the second one is genius

Comment

Oops, my hand must've slipped...

Comment

How are you getting such high scores?

I must have really missed something when I was playing this because my scores aren't even remotely close to yours

Comment

Well, to be honest, scores ten times higher than that must be capable of being reached just by looking at the clock. Try this though, just a simple jump - go off the ramp (using jump, duh) and hold R then madly spin the stick around in one direction, obviously clocking up some high-spin trick. See the slowdown?

Do the same with grabs - b, y and x give different grabs. They also give you different grabs with the directions. Just do a jump with b, wait for the combo then do y, same with x and then do left+b and so on... you'll get the same slowdown if you combo loads together, just not to the same degree as a spin.

Now, just do both There is some rythem involved that I haven't learnt yet and also, some combinations of tricks yeild more points, with a lower combo count.

Totally deep

Comment

but the second one is genius
                      It's the sound effects that do it

Comment

Thanks for the tips. They've definitely helped, but I'm still getting crap scores

Looks like I'll have to keep practising

Comment

I am considering to buy a snowboard game for the Cube. Logically I have to choose between SSX and 1080. For owners of both games, which game do you prefer and why?

Comment

Oops, my hand must've slipped...

I bow down to your unadulterated l33tness
                            I knew a x12 combo was possible with flips

Originally posted by RLench
                            Thanks for the tips. They've definitely helped, but I'm still getting crap scores
                            I tried to explain how I worked out to do it on page 5....dunno if that's any more help tho

Comment

Joe, get both and then sell the one you don't like.

Comment

I'd just keep both

Comment

Working...
                                X