No announcement yet.

R: Racing Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks... I am about to start playing on my Jpn copy of the game.. the more info the merrier

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
      I managed to get roughly the same on Monaco, high 1.27's. Quite easy to see how you could improve on this though.
      Seeing and doing are two different things ? ....

Comment

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I have some questions:
        -How does it play with the GC controller
        -I was waiting for the PS2 version PAL (cause I have a logitech driving force), but dvdsoon has the GC version really cheep, and I might buy it from there...so does it work with freeloader? And is DVDsoon reliable?and do they mark down as gift?

Comment

I switched buttons on the Cube controller (from shoulder pads to the normal accelerate and brake) and it handles great. Works fine with freeloader (playing JPN version on PAL Cube). I've never heard of DVDsoon.

If your that worried, you can buy an adaptor to use PS2 controller on your Cube - don't know if steering wheel would work though)

David

Comment

I have a few questions..

1. Whats the x button for? Is it handbrake ?
            2. Anyone care to give an idiots guide to tuning..i.e the comp/reb bits for the shocks for example.

I think I should have bought the US version.. as its a pain to keep looking stuff up.. but thank god for the guide but so far (just started racing life) it seems pretty cool..

Nice to see you can remove stuff from the on screen display.. why do they show the brake and acc gauges ??

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
              If your that worried, you can buy an adaptor to use PS2 controller on your Cube - don't know if steering wheel would work though)
              That'll be a no. The Driving Force uses a USB connector rather than the standard joypad port. Great for using on the PC (it just plugs and goes), but means you can't use a converter to GC.

Comment

Matt, on mine, X is change view, Z look behind and Y ? can't remember,

As for basic tuning guide - go to http://tuning.racing-line.org/gran_t...n_turismo.html although it was written for GT3 it explains suspension settings etc etc.

Hope it helps, David

PS have found that the settings do little to the cars handling etc, you can't make massive adjustments as in GT3.

Originally posted by Matt Horne
                I have a few questions..

1. Whats the x button for? Is it handbrake ?
                2. Anyone care to give an idiots guide to tuning..i.e the comp/reb bits for the shocks for example.

I think I should have bought the US version.. as its a pain to keep looking stuff up.. but thank god for the guide but so far (just started racing life) it seems pretty cool..

Nice to see you can remove stuff from the on screen display.. why do they show the brake and acc gauges ??

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Thanks.. it must be Y then..it just seems to slow the car a bit.. maybe handbrake?

Cheers in some ways I am glad the settings do not make much difference.. less to worry about

Ta

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                    I switched buttons on the Cube controller (from shoulder pads to the normal accelerate and brake) and it handles great. Works fine with freeloader (playing JPN version on PAL Cube). I've never heard of DVDsoon.

David
                    Thankz...guess I'll jump ahead and buy the US GC Version of the game

Comment

Y is to change view, X is handbrake and Z is rear view -- default settings

Comment

Cool..

more idiot questions..

on the car screen whats the second solumn for ? usually says RP at the top? Also the first column which has weight etc in it the first column has MR or FF is this the class of car or something else ?

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Horne
                          Also the first column which has weight etc in it the first column has MR or FF is this the class of car or something else ?
                          I haven't played it but FF/MR usually means the type of steering. FF means it's a front wheel steering car so it very light (ie don't steer and brake at the same time) I'm not sure what MR is but they're usually expert-only cars with very difficult steering

Comment

MR cars have the engine in the middle, rear wheel drive efforts (i.e. Mid-mounted, Rear wheel drive; FF being Front mounted, Front wheel drive). The 3-litre Clio springs to mind as an MR, nice car

on the car screen whats the second solumn for ? usually says RP at the top? Also the first column which has weight etc in it the first column has MR or FF is this the class of car or something else ?
                            Which screen is that then mate? The RP to buy a car is at the bottom of the screen in Event mode, so it could be the RP necessary to "upgrade" that part of the car... you'll have to be more specific

edit: nope - got that the wrong way around, it is to purchase the car. your rp is at the bottom

Comment

The above URL has the screen your talking about in English (top right or bottom right thumbnail - click to enlarge)

David

Comment

Ta...

I'm sure I will find other daft questions!.. Anyone found out what the round 1 option is on the racing event menu ?

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X