Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcus
    calibration issue
    That's the worst excuse I have EVER heard, I played it, and I was teh k1nG. Maybe it was brain calibration issues?

It is a sim though, turn off those helpers and it certainly alot more twitchy, me and Papercut decided it was alot like LeMans24, but that might have been because we were on Suzuka Short at sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
      It is a sim though, turn off those helpers and it certainly alot more twitchy, me and Papercut decided it was alot like LeMans24, but that might have been because we were on Suzuka Short at sunset.
      I'd thought of the Le Mans comparison before, and you reminded me of it

I'm enjoying this more and more, I think Namco have struck the perfect balance between arcadey thrills and sim involvement. Its a very cool game.

Marcus - I had no problems with calibration. Did you try one of the rallying courses? The wheel was perfect for that, the feedback meant you could just sense the traction biting as you drifted round a corner, fantastic.

Must get me one of those wheels now... and Mojib Ribbon... and Price of Persia... and Winning Eleven 7.

Comment

I played this a bit now.
        Finished story mode on easy and normal.
        This game really gets alot better in hard mode.
        Suddenly you have to really learn the tracks and you really get a feeling of each car having distinctly different handling.
        Also, when playing hard mode i get the feeling that the game encourages me to cheat. =P
        There is the "internal race" level where you get some old Fiat or whatever, and its impossible to finish ( imo ) without cutting the grass on the last corner before the finishing line.
        Also ive had to run Gina off the track once to be able to win on one track ... she got quite mad ^_^
        I think its a fantastic game.
        I have always prefered arcade racers but this game is making me want to buy GT4.
        Im 33.3% through the game atm.
        Ill aim to finish story on hard this weekend and then start chewing off event omnibus.

Comment

Oh and im playing the gamecube version.

Comment

i'm currently doing the 'dodge the cones' stages in event omnibus...very cool.
            at first i thought that section was just like gran tourismo tests, so i left it.
            but its actually one of the better parts.
            8)

Comment

computerandvideogames.com have a relatively interesting interview, kinda good to read if you want to be in the right mindset for the game:

Part 1
              GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Part 2
              GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Comment

I had a blast on this last night, kinda mixed really...

On the one hand, them engine noises are awesome! The way you can hear a Turbo whine as the engine spins down, tis very satisfying

One thing is thuogh, this game is HARD! No longer is the whole ridge-racer style of drifting in it, but a rather hybrid style, kinda like RR4's grip cars, but with a heck of a lot of oversteer involved. Very hard to get used to, but incredibly satisfying when it's done right.

Graphics wise though, it does seem rather basic. Nothing to get excited about, and that rear-view looks completely pants.

Can't wait to get home to give it another go thuogh, I only played with the time-attack mode, so it's going to be great to actually race against others

Comment

Because of the finite amount of tracks and cars, I think this might make a brilliant score chaser game.

Comment

please someone to tell something about the tracks,how good or not is?in terms of gfx for example.

Comment

The track construction is pretty decent, but there is poor use of textures here and there.

You can see repeated patterns/small textures/mosaic problems throughout, mostly on gravel and grass. Only really noticable on replays though.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo

On the one hand, them engine noises are awesome! The way you can hear a Turbo whine as the engine spins down, tis very satisfying

One thing is thuogh, this game is HARD! No longer is the whole ridge-racer style of drifting in it, but a rather hybrid style, kinda like RR4's grip cars, but with a heck of a lot of oversteer involved. Very hard to get used to, but incredibly satisfying when it's done right.

Graphics wise though, it does seem rather basic. Nothing to get excited about, and that rear-view looks completely pants.

Can't wait to get home to give it another go thuogh, I only played with the time-attack mode, so it's going to be great to actually race against others
                        With referance to your Basic graphics....

The car models are far more detailed than PGR2 and GT3. And the track graphics and suroundings are completly made from thousands of polys making them very very detailed.... instead of flat blocks with a draw texture on them from PGR2...

Comment

Originally posted by Ravon
                          Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo

With referance to your Basic graphics....

The car models are far more detailed than PGR2 and GT3. And the track graphics and suroundings are completly made from thousands of polys making them very very detailed.... instead of flat blocks with a draw texture on them from PGR2...
                          Oh aye, high poly's mean nowt though, the textures are quite basic in places, like Marcus said a long time ago, it just has no soul compared to something like PGR or GT3.

Comment

I'm really surprised/disappointed Namco hasn't set up a best times etc website, be it official or a fan site, prehaps given time one will appear.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                              I'm really surprised/disappointed Namco hasn't set up a best times etc website, be it official or a fan site, prehaps given time one will appear.
                              Here: http://www.namco-ch.net/r/ranking/index.html

Comment

cheers, there's not a link on the English website,

Comment

Working...
                                X