No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Force 2025 (360/PS3) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah QC we was just farming level 76 on inferno, the queen wasp level, where at the start one WD flies over the edge and plasmafalls the spiders, then whips out the idunn custom, and heads for the incline and clears out wasps followed by teamsmate, one is a ranger with bunkers, then the 2 or 3 WD again whip out there idunn FF if you have it, and then clear out the wasps, rinse and repeat till you get to queens, then 3 WD shoot again with idunn's round the corner, till the queen's are exposed, then one WD has a one shot gungnir, boom dead, leave 1 wasp alive and hoover up all the armor & weapons. 15 minutes tops. Rinse & repeat.

Comment

Ah, gotcha.

I've not done any farming yet, but I hear Death Queen is a good level for Inferno pickups.

Main TOTAL WEAPONS AQUIRED Stage No.,Mission Name,Emergency Weapon Level (approximate),Ranger - Assault Rifles,0/30 On,Off,Inferno,Hardest,Hard,Normal,Easy,Ranger - Shotguns,0/19 1,Reconvene,0-50,0-45,8-20,0--0,0-0,Ranger - Sniper Rifles,0/26 2,Spreading Disaster,Ranger - Rocket Launchers,0/20 3...

Don't forget, there's a level 90 cap on the weapon drops on this level.
      Have you tried 77 Fallen Flagship, which has up to level 93 drops including:
      WD Thunder Bow XD (L92)
      WD Gungnir (L92)
      WD RZR Plasma Launcher (L92)

To be fair though, most weapons are L90 or less and I've seen L95 AR Rule of God drop on mission 77, so it's not impossible to get higher weapons, so Death Queen seems a good choice, sir!

Comment

Fixed
        Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Awesome sauce!

That's impressive to be up in the latter portion of missions on Inferno. The things that struck me is how many things are tougher on that difficulty. The enemies become bullet sponges, each of their shots does more damage and they fire more at the same time, plus they seem to move about lots faster, especially the flying drones.

Once a swarm of wasps see you, it soon looks like you had an accident in a javelin factory.

Speaking of which, thanks to Kats and Deteros for keeping the wasps busy whilst I leisurely hammered the nest and queen from afar with my Brute chopper. It was a much less stressful affair than having to roll all the way to the top of the hill to bring Kats back to life AFTER HE HAD SINGLE HANDEDLY TAKEN OUT THE HECTOR, ONE OF THE OTHER 2 NESTS AND EVERY SINGLE TUNNEL ENTRANCE IN THE LEVEL AND A COUPLE OF HUNDRED SPIDERS/WASPS ENROUTE! I'M ALSO PRETTY SURE HE HAD KILLED THE QUEEN TOO, CONSIDERING I WAS HIDING AND HE WAS SHOOTING HER IN THE FACE POINT BLANK!

It's a beautiful thing.
        It was great to help Deuteros out on a few levels, I don't think he was quite prepared for how easy Legion Of Monsters was going to be with a Killing machine, instead of a heli-Chimpter[/B]? I'd say it was quite literally a walk in the park for him

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
          Nah QC we was just farming level 76 on inferno, the queen wasp level, where at the start one WD flies over the edge and plasmafalls the spiders, then whips out the idunn custom, and heads for the incline and clears out wasps followed by teamsmate, one is a ranger with bunkers, then the 2 or 3 WD again whip out there idunn FF if you have it, and then clear out the wasps, rinse and repeat till you get to queens, then 3 WD shoot again with idunn's round the corner, till the queen's are exposed, then one WD has a one shot gungnir, boom dead, leave 1 wasp alive and hoover up all the armor & weapons. 15 minutes tops. Rinse & repeat.
          It's a good level that, my 9yr old daughter loves that on inferno in local co-op! Think she did a few rounds with the 360 crew too

Comment

Is fallen flagship level 77 on 360? Cause its mission number 82 on PS3. And Death Queen is 76, ive had better drops there and its faster than fallen flagship.

Comment

Oh, erm I don't know about system discrepancies, I thought they were all the same, although there are more online levels than offline.
              I was just working off that spreadsheet, which I think is an update of the JP PS3 version that was drawn up.

Either way, just keep doing what you're doing if it's bagging you the weapons, you're having fun and the Ravagers are being taught a lesson in humility!

Comment

Well the PS3 EDF division have skanked the ravager scum on Hard, this mission was achieved by WD, now its probably onto Fencer on Normal, then Hard again.

Comment

I went in the bathroom last night only to find a massive wasp in there. It might have been a scout or a queen looking for somewhere to nest.

For my weapon configuration, I used flamethrower to stun it and jackhammers to kill it.
                  Translation:

I sprayed it with a can of Lynx and squashed it with a bottle of Johnson's Bedtime Bubble Bath

Comment

Online for this on PS3 would appear to be absolutely dead in the water. Counted maybe 12 people playing globally last night across a 90 minute period during which no-one entered the room I'd set up. Very disappointing, for such a terrific game.

Comment

Certainly, they existed...those blinded by ambition, those consumed with vengeance. But here they do not exist.

Sad times indeed if anyone gives me advance notice I'd be on in a flash as I refuse to play with mere MORTAL non forumites... Eww disgusting

Comment

True, it's not ideal but I've made quite a few new non-forumite chums through EDF randoms. And meeting up at the strictly appointed hour with the NTSC massive can be a faff. It's not work, after all. You wanna play when you wanna play.

Comment

360 is still really busy!
                          Plenty of games still going on for all difficulties and still lots of newbies joining the fight alongside grizzled war veterans.
                          Obviously it is quieter from launch back in Feb, but busy enough as there's so much to get from it. I've still not met anybody who's got to the 75% completion rate to unlock weapons!

I don't know why you're so scared of mortal non-forumites, Kats, I've been in some great games.
                          I nearly texted you in the week to see if you were around, but I presumed you'd be on your sparkly new WiiU!
                          I've been on most days this week and am juuust shy of 100 hours.
                          Completion ratio? Something ridiculous like 12.3%!

I've finished Air Raider on Normal and Hard settings now and started on Hardest. It was nice to get back to being overwhelmed and working out tactics to win the level and get some new toys again at the end of it.

Got into a few games with some smart players who know about tactics and sacrifice. One team have named themselves after Starship Trooper characters and another is full of amazing players.
                          We were playing level 79: Encircling
                          "UFOs have the city encircled, and each one opens to drop waves of new enemies. Prepare for a long fight, and bring the right weapons to knock the transports out of the sky."

Three men were down and only one Wing Diver remained and it looked like it was all over. I was watching as his health was being depleted by the trail of wasps, ants and spiders, then he'd find a health pod and he'd be off again. Finally he had enough to resuscitate another player whom immediately got player 3 up and then me and it was game on again! I took to the sky taking out dropships in my ChimpyChopper until my ammo ran out, then jumped out and landed on a satellite dish on Tokyo Tower, where I sniped at the remaining ships until it finally fell and we hoovered up the goodies. I felt like we were starring in an amazing sci-fi film where all hope is almost lost!

EDF has taught me that, like Combat Carl, the EDF never gives up, the EDF finds a way!

I also had a little toot with the Wing Diver for the first time and it's practically like a new game! It's really empowering to be able to zip up to the top of buildings in a couple of seconds, blast some ant scum and then zip away. Can't wait to play as her after doing Hardest and Inferno as the Air Raider.

I'm saddened that most people on here who were playing it have abandoned this for World of Tanks and how many other people on here would get a kick out of it based on their gaming and film tastes.
                          The toughness and ridiculous weapons of Dark Souls, the farming and co-op of Monster Hunter, the teamwork of Battlefield 4 and the hilarity of any other good co-op game when you get into a good team.

If you're on the fence about trying it, it's ?19.85 on ShopTo, so if you get a wriggle on, you could be playing this over the Bank Holiday weekend!

So yeah, I'm still loooving this game!

Comment

Yeah I still love it too, Chimp. When it's all rolling with 3 or 4 players - everyone making full dramatic use of the pre-set text for dramatic effect ("I owe you my life!", "Go on ahead, save yourselves!", etc.) - there's nothing like it. Every level feels like a brilliantly cheesy sci-fi epic, especially when you're getting reamed out. Getting to that point on PS3 though is proving more and more of a challenge. Most nights you've got 3 or 4 rooms set at hardest or inferno with "no noobs" or "noob = kick" notices. Once I get one player in my (normal or hard) room I quit from the level immediately and start over. Once you got two then more players seem to pile in. And then when you've got a precious full-house it seems no-one wants to leave, you're in there for an unforgettable sesh, 2 hours or more...

Comment

Ha! I seem to hit the "One more level, then I'm hanging up my helmet" pre-set text responses more than an alarm clock's snooze button!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                360 is still really busy!
                                Plenty of games still going on for all difficulties and still lots of newbies joining the fight alongside grizzled war veterans.
                                Obviously it is quieter from launch back in Feb, but busy enough as there's so much to get from it. I've still not met anybody who's got to the 75% completion rate to unlock weapons!

I don't know why you're so scared of mortal non-forumites, Kats, I've been in some great games.
                                I nearly texted you in the week to see if you were around, but I presumed you'd be on your sparkly new WiiU!
                                I've been on most days this week and am juuust shy of 100 hours.
                                Completion ratio? Something ridiculous like 12.3%!
                                100 hrs? Part timer!
                                I'm always around, just text me!
                                Non forum people should not be allowed on the internet. BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Comment

Working...
                                X