Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    as some unimaginative boss design
    I think this is the biggest thing, and someone already mentioned it before. Today I've got past the
    in two attempts, and in the end it was just an other guy where you would constantly strafe on its weapon's hand to avoid attacks; even big bosses like the

Iron King

follow this structure, Demon's and DS1 had much more enjoyable bosses.

Comment

When you think of stuff like moonlight butterfly and the four kings, most everything in this is a bit bland. Only the Chariot really got me excited at its different approach, and that would have been a mini boss in DS1!

Comment

Can anyone tell me when humanity comes back in stock with the witch vendor and the guy in Iron Gulch?
        I have two great boss souls, the Rotton and I think the big spider boss.
        Or any secret locations for it?
        I've killed all the old hags from the beginning.

I've run out humanity and I need help on bosses.
        It's scarcity seems to be a design flaw to me.
        Either you want to play play co-op or you don't.
        But if you do, there should not be a limit on it.

Comment

Can't you help someone else defeat a boss and get humanity that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Can't you help someone else defeat a boss and get humanity that way?
            How do I do that?

Comment

Use the Soap Stone (given to you by

Pate in the Forest of Fallen Giants by escaping the trap and exhausting his dialogue

) before a boss entrance.

Comment

Yeah, get summoned to a boss fight, kill it and become human.

Also, go to the blacksmith forge in Bastille and use a bonfire ascetic to respawn the dogs. Equip items that raise item discovery and farm them for a round.

If you put down summon signs in an area you can learn the area and boss consequence free when you are summoned which will help you conserve humanity when you do your run.

I was almost out of effigies until I did

Shrine of Amana

and a few enemies dropped them. Make sure you have traded all your prism stones and smooth and silky stones with the crows as well.

There is a vendor in

Undead Crypt

who has 16 to sell (I cleared him out).

What build are you rocking Dangerous? I have been having LOADS of trouble in the game with barely doing any damage. I was using a dex build and later game enemies were only being scratched. I had to summon for every boss fight and was really frustrated. I respecced to strength and sorcery last night and now I am kicking ass.
                Last edited by chopemon; 31-03-2014, 14:01.

Comment

I'm finding strength and miracle build quite useful now and combined with ring of binding to limit undead health loss and the occasional boss assist to turn human, I find I've got more effigies than I need. About a dozen at last count.
                  Last edited by Golgo; 31-03-2014, 17:04.

Comment

I have been having a lot of fun lately trying to grind up my sun bro covenant; have found a boss that gets me summoned regularly and is also pretty easy when the numbers are in your favour.

I've finished the main game, but I'm really not sure I'm going to find the inspiration to go for the 1000 this time... we'll see though. I already know I buggered some things on this playthrough, which is a little bit frustrating.

Comment

Reached the

Undead Crypt

tonight. Looted a corpse,

bells began to ring, got swarmed by ghosts out of statues, after being assault by shield-wielding knights.

The most recent bosses have been no bosses at all...the

Looking Glass Knight

just takes patience (

and you have to kill the blue phantoms shortly after they are summoned

), the

Demon of Song

was just a boss because it had a name and a long life bar...I don't really "feel" the game as I did with Demon's and DS1. I'll complete two cycles (hoping that there are two endings), and at the end of each cycle I'll gladly plant my sword on

Astrid's

face.

Comment

Comment

Think I must be playing this game completely the 'wrong' way round as I'm only now finding stuff that others seem to have encountered fairly early. Made my down via

Gutter to Black Gulch

and in terms of the feeling of dread it inspires and the gross, imaginative enemies, it felt as good as Dark Souls 1...probably for the first time. Encountered the

Rat Vanguard

en route, which was probably the most petty and irritating 'boss' fight I've ever encountered, and I

slaughtered the Rat King

for putting me through all that and also for giving me lip. Multiple jolly co-op runs of

the Chariot

to assist my brethren of the faith cheered me up, though. Also did the

Ratticus Giganticus

boss last night, which came over like a poor man's Sif made by the day release boys from the local tech.

Comment

I thought that the

Black Gulch

was more annoying than anything: having

to destroy those statues one by one, wait for the posion to go down as I didn't have many anti-poison items, the big worms that don't pose any kind of threat, the boss that almost felt like the Dirt Colossus from Demon's...the only thing really worrysome about the Gulch are the two giants, and one of them can be sniped easily.

Comment

I've got an anti-poison miracle so I laugh in the very face of poison.

Comment

I finished the game yesterday. BOY HOWDY are the last bosses underwhelming. Glad it's done with.

Comment

Working...
                                X