Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    You know that bit after you meet Peter Serafinowiczczxxz,

where gate closes and you get locked in? Spotted some signs on floor by stairs 'illusion wall' or somesuch, darned if I can find it though

. Any ideas? Or are these troll messages?

Illusion walls don't work the same as in Dark Souls - You need to press your action button on them instead of attacking them.

Comment

^ Sheesh! Good to know systems are as needlessly opaque as usual lol. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
        The more familiar you get, the better it becomes, and for me it's on par with Dark Souls only far less frustrating.
        Aye, starting to feel the same way. I think the game does a really good job of better accommodating new players while also giving seasoned Soulers new quirks to learn. How did you get to the

Tower of Flame

? I've found three paths from Majula, one of them's blocked and another was patrolled exclusively by massive knights that I sensed I wasn't ready for.

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        The urge to thread a path to light up the place/sconces is curiously compelling too, and not just because it makes the lighting properly amazing.
        Agreed. It's starting to prove properly useful a bit further in, and I'm a sucker for any Okami-like mechanic of beautifying a game world.

Someone mentioned hating a boss fight against a
        and alongside the tactical scraps against those big turtley bastards it's my personal highlight so far. One of those boss-fights that felt more or less impossible at first, but once I'd sorted out my approach I beat them relatively easily. Did take about 10 deaths to get there, though.

I'm finding it a bit more similar to Demon's than Dark Souls at the minute. Maybe it's just the toing and froing between locations and the central hub, but I'd still urge anyone who preferred Demon's to jump in.

Comment

Had to make a tough decision with the petrified people,

only had 1 tree yew and no idea when I picked it up or how i'll get another so choose the woman near start holding on to the lever instead of the guy in the cell which rewarded me with pryomancy npc, almost lvl 70 and before getting it and I thought it was suppose to be a beginners help ability , probably just completely overlooked when that tree yew thing was available. Also the area behind It opened up the last area main area I hadn't been to (if there are 4 bonfires per area I'm missing quite a few still, like I only have 1 in the ghost ship area)

Comment

Tobal- thanx for the answers.
            More... (360 version)

-How do I jump?
            -How do I sprint?
            -How do I roll?
            -What levels up my health bar? is it VIG or VIT?
            -Also what is the equivalent of Resistance in DSII?

I am a warrior so all I want to level up is health, stamina, strength & resistance.
            Dexterity a bit.
            Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 16-03-2014, 12:53.

Comment

You read the many signs in the first tutorial bit?
              Last edited by hudson; 16-03-2014, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                You read the sign in the first tutorial bit?
                Um no.

Comment

To get the most out of this. Try to examine and search every inch.

Run is circle on PS3 (hold) and L3 is jump. Roll is tap circle.

When levelling up you can see the affects (in blue) on the stats. Most things will naturally up your HP. If you are unsure of what all the stats mean you can press SELECT for Help.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                    Tobal- thanx for the answers.
                    More... (360 version)

-How do I jump?
                    -How do I sprint?
                    -How do I roll?
                    -What levels up my health bar? is it VIG or VIT?
                    -Also what is the equivalent of Resistance in DSII?

I am a warrior so all I want to level up is health, stamina, strength & resistance.
                    Dexterity a bit.
                    You need to put a few points onto Adaptability too, as this affects your agility, rolling speed and general ease of movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                      Anyone here waiting for the PC version instead of getting a console version?
                      My PS3 CE goes to eBay due to the massive graphical downgrade and in case the PC version is far superior.

Comment

Health bar- which is it boys VIT or VIG?

Comment

The one with the heart icon on level up screen.

Comment

All this and more is explained in the handy instruction booklet. And, as Hoolak has already said, most upgrades boost the health bar, regardless of category.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                              Anyone here waiting for the PC version instead of getting a console version?
                              Dunno if it was just my PC at the time, but I have a high end spec PC and gave up on the old one in the end as it was so unstable, kept crashing to desktop. Not good in a game like this :P Of course this might be a lot better.

Comment

Man Belfry Luna was fun for me, the clanging covenant or whatever they call themselves kept coming after during my attempts on the boss (also a bunch of bastards but made it through 6th attempt poking once and dodging away). 1st invader nobbled me at the entrance as I was unprepared, managed to get to top second attempt and found using the cat ring for fall damage reduction made getting around easier so the 2nd and 3rd guy who appeared together kept chasing me down drops talking damage and I smacked them one hard on the 4th lap, even had time for a taunt when 3rd guy stopped chasing me down the holes but could see me which caused him to come for me while i was stuck in the animation lol, got out just in time to roll away from his lunge and smash him hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X