Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you no longer repair weapons?

Comment

I thought weapons are repaired automatic when you warp to a bonfire?

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
        Don't feel like I'm getting anywhere, any tips on the orge things with the tails and how to kill them
        If you mean the ones near the start: lure them up the narrow path so when they lose balance there's a good chance they'll fall off the edge. Just make sure you've

been up the path already and kicked the tree down - first one tried to follow me over here and fell straight off

Comment

There's no way I can play this on PS4 right?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            No way....yet. From Software cannot ignore the ps4/bone user base IMO.

Comment

Damn. I'm jealous of you guys. I actually want to play it. Demon's was my favourite game of last-gen. Dark was pretty decent too. I'll just have to wait it out. PS4 is inevitable though non?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                I'm getting fed up with the cleric, tbh. Everything - weapon or armour - I pick up or buy I get "he's not able to wield this effectively" kind of thing. I can't have wrecked/mis-levelled the build already as I haven't even had a chance to level him up yet! It seems he begins the game without being able to do anything. Can just about manage to swing a small mace with two hands, sometimes without even falling over through the weight of it! Is very good at healing himself after failing combat pathetically, though.
                I started cleric as well, switched to 2 hands when going for the kill early on, you just have get to the Scottish widow lady to level up and slap 1 str on to use the starter mace effectively 1 handed. Not hard as its about 20 mins from the beginning.

Friday evening turned into Friday night.... 5 hrs straight, good fun, only complaint would be the whatever strange lighting system there using on the crap ton of low res textures there using, the only way to explain it, is it gives off the feel late gen N64 games did back in the day.

Comment

@Tobal: 20 minutes from start to find lvl up lady? Where exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Lol @ jk question, but no, DS2 is not yet playable on PS4, XBOne, iPhone, Android or Gameboy (crossing fingers for Dreamcast port though!!!!)

Comment

@Tobal: 20 minutes from start to find lvl up lady? Where exactly?
                      The level-up lady is in Majula. Head to the [HIDE]monument thing but turn right. She's just behind the bonfire, basically. I levelled up 3 times in the first half hour or so[/HIDE]

Comment

But it seems she does move around a bit. Not played long enough to see if there's a pattern.

Edit: played quite a bit more now and she seems to be consistently at the bonfire.
                        Last edited by endo; 15-03-2014, 00:44.

Comment

wasn't aware the graphics had been downgraded after the beta...

anyone played the beta and able to comment on this screenshot comparisons? looks more like PC vs. PS3 to me.

Comment

Well, she's never been there for me in about 7hrs of play, the cow! Another peculiar thing:

knight who gets dropped off by crow in fortress, filled me in first time, but whenever I've gone back for another go there's no sign of him

EDIT: Ok so apparently she was there all along and I just mistook her for a tree stump. Wow, am I failing hard at this or what?! Actually no, it was the fault of the lighting and textures, that's what it was! ;-)
                            Last edited by Golgo; 15-03-2014, 09:35.

Comment

Well, she's never been there for me in about 7hrs of play, the cow! Another peculiar thing:

knight who gets dropped off by crow in fortress, filled me in first time, but whenever I've gone back for another go there's no sign of him

EDIT: Ok so apparently she was there all along and I just mistook her for a tree stump. Wow, am I failing hard at this or what?! Actually no, it was the fault of the lighting and textures, that's what it was! ;-)
                              Don't worry Golgo

you will get a full on rematch later

As a heads up to all players enemies disappear from the game if you manage to kill them twelve times. This is currently ruinning the game for me as I'm running around a empty castle. You can reverse it but you need a certain item which isn't in this part of the game as far as I can tell. It could also cause a major non-progression for rookie players as you won't gain souls making it impossible to level up, repair equipment or farm items early on.

I've also now killed the second boss and reached the third, so far the game is still disappointly linear. The game is very badly balanced for swordd combat, if you're playing as a warrior only boost attack. Magic users will find the game much easier as magic is far stronger this time around.

The second boss was a nightmare to kill on my own due to this balancing issue, I suspect he's far easier in co-op. As

you can lure him in front of a giant crossbow while he chases one player, but in single player when I try it he would smash the crossbow before I could use it.

Some what weak level design combined with some very poor balancing and concept ideas has damagd the gameplay. This isn't a patch on the first game or demon's souls.
                              Last edited by S3M; 15-03-2014, 09:58.

Comment

so what about this lighting/torches thing? what does it do and why does it suck like 53M said in the news thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X