Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    So how's that work then hitting level 30, I thought it was only 2 legendary items only?
    2 Exotics only. 1 armor to be specific, as weapons don't determine your level.

Raid gear caps out at 30 Light. Which means it are essentially Exotics, but I think they're labeled as Legendary so you can equip them all.

Comment

From the sounds of it everyone who is buying the Exotic Engram for 23 motes of light is getting an exotic Titan Chest armour piece so it's not random at all just dependent on which week you buy from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panta Rhei View Post
        Dicks from Lizard Squad claim responsibility.

Anyway, you CAN hit level 30 I read. Its only possible with Raid gear.
        That's annoying, as I doubt most will ever complete the Raids.

Comment

That's the most annoying thing about this game. I am all for stuff being rare, but don't tease me with purple engrams that turn into ****ty blue items.

Comment

I wonder if legendary/exotic gear becomes even less common once you have some equipped. I haven't had any legendary items from any engrams since around level 23 (I'm now 26). Other bizarre design decisions include: matchmaking removed for level 28 Strike, no rewards for replaying story missions on hard settings, other than for the Daily Heroic Story. It also feels a bit light on content for a full price game, it desperately needs more Strike missions in particular. Strikes are what holds this game together for me. Matchmaking with randoms means that redoing the same ones is always different, and is the only thing that would persuade me to buy PS+ when I get a PS4.

Can't say I think much of the PvP either. Doesn't feel anything like Halo, and everything like CoD. I've been forcing myself to play it occasionally so I can gen some Crucible exp/marks, but it just does nothing for me, and is incredibly hostile to new players in a way that Halo wasn't. The maps are rubbish too, I can't envisage a single one of them being regarded as future classics in the way some of Halo's maps have become. Great game, but lots of problems (many easily fixable) that stop it being as good as it could be.

Comment

I'm yet to find anything remotely exotic or legendary! Handed in loads of stuff but all are getting downgraded

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                I'm yet to find anything remotely exotic or legendary! Handed in loads of stuff but all are getting downgraded
                21 hours and not even close to finding a single purple let along exotic. I've resigned myself to grinding the crucible to get a purple weapon :/, then getting enough strange coins to buy an exotic chest piece from Zur next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  From the sounds of it everyone who is buying the Exotic Engram for 23 motes of light is getting an exotic Titan Chest armour piece so it's not random at all just dependent on which week you buy from him.
                  I'm a Titan, and received the Warlock chest piece.

Which, as an aside longer than the original point, was most expected. All four armour pieces I have for the Titan were bought, three legendary and one exotic. Whereas there's a full set of legendary Hunter armour, and two legendary and one exotic Warlock pieces, all sitting in my vault, all thanks to drops and the 23 motes of light Exotic Engram. Heh.

Comment

It's a shame there isn't a facility for us to swap weapons/armour. I just got a legendary engram and it gave me a legendary Hunter helmet (I'm a Warlock). Gutted as all my armour is legendary now, except my helmet.

Comment

Out of interest, how much is the legendary stuff usually for sale for? Would be good to know so I can keep saving in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                        I wonder if legendary/exotic gear becomes even less common once you have some equipped. I haven't had any legendary items from any engrams since around level 23 (I'm now 26). Other bizarre design decisions include: matchmaking removed for level 28 Strike, no rewards for replaying story missions on hard settings, other than for the Daily Heroic Story. It also feels a bit light on content for a full price game, it desperately needs more Strike missions in particular. Strikes are what holds this game together for me. Matchmaking with randoms means that redoing the same ones is always different, and is the only thing that would persuade me to buy PS+ when I get a PS4.

Can't say I think much of the PvP either. Doesn't feel anything like Halo, and everything like CoD. I've been forcing myself to play it occasionally so I can gen some Crucible exp/marks, but it just does nothing for me, and is incredibly hostile to new players in a way that Halo wasn't. The maps are rubbish too, I can't envisage a single one of them being regarded as future classics in the way some of Halo's maps have become. Great game, but lots of problems (many easily fixable) that stop it being as good as it could be.
                        Shores of Time is the best map. The rest sucks. I need 25 kill difference now, no real problem as i'm mostly around 2.0. But 3 First Light maps in a row since i got this bounty, Screw it.

I think its still different from CoD. You can turn the tides or flee if your being shot at. Jumping is essential too.

Comment

Was walking around Mars last night just just staring at the stunning surroundings and vista, like the fact Phobos spins in orbit too. The worlds are really really beautiful, their just so empty and lifeless a lot of the time, empty caves etc, it's such a shame bungie didn't do more with the environments for secrets, mind boggling.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that the way the levelling in Destiny works after reaching level 20 is just stupid.

Plus legendary / exotic engrams that don't give legendary / exotic gear are also stupid.

10 year lifespan?

Comment

I think the 10 year thing is meant to be for the trillogy + DLC add-ons. I wonder how that will work? Will we be able to carry over all our characters/kit and continue into the next game? Can't say I'd particularly relish the idea of having to build characters up from scratch in the sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                I have come to the conclusion that the way the levelling in Destiny works after reaching level 20 is just stupid.

Plus legendary / exotic engrams that don't give legendary / exotic gear are also stupid.

10 year lifespan?
                                Yep very stupid. Hit level 20 then you have to level your light level up with armour. As you say, the purple and yellow engrams never give you what their supposed to, so why give them out, why not just make them rare and actually work?

For all its faults though, and there are so very many stupid, baffling decisions in it, I'm still enjoying every min.

@bcass. For last gen players the only option will be to transfer characters to the new consoles, if bungie even bother doing that as the next one will be ps4 & xbone only. I for one don't releish starting new at all, though to be fair, I probably would if that was the only option.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-09-2014, 19:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X