Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU (full game) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU (full game) review

Well it looks sweet and plays pretty smoothly. I've always had an issue keeping track of my fighter, I won't lie, and this is no exception. Only Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Megaman are available to play and the only stage is "Senjou/battlefield" (I forget the English name for it).
    Controls are: B is special, A/Y are attack, X is jump. I've not played SB for so long I've gotten proper rusty! 2 games and I came in second on both. Ah well.

All the options are there and greyed out so you can't select them but here's what you can

Melee/Brawl; Internet; Clear Getter; Field Smash; streetpass; WiiU; Other play

Alone; with others; Character making; collection; options

Figure; album; replay; sound test; battle records; smash school

Fight alone; fight with others; rules

Character select screen

Stage select, you can press X to switch any stage to it's Final Destination mode.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I have never got on with a Smash Bros game in my life so when I inevitably buy this and don't get on with it, please feel free to ridicule me for getting it in the first place and maybe eventually I'll stop being drawn in my the awesome character selections and finally stop buying them.

Comment

Far too many zelda & fire emblem & pokemon characters in that roster for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I have never got on with a Smash Bros game in my life
        There was me thinking I was the only one, just didn't click with me back on the Gamecube.

Comment

Local multiplayer is the only reason I've enjoyed SB games. I would consider joining the Fighting Games Club at school (yes, there is one and they play all sorts) just to have peeps to beat on.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
            There was me thinking I was the only one, just didn't click with me back on the Gamecube.
            Me neither.

It seemed to have all the subtle nuances of a game of Hungry Hippos.

Comment

I'm the same. I play lots of fighters and I know there's a proper hardcore scene for this series, but it's just never clicked for me. Yet I still buy them...
              Really going to try avoiding this one, though I'll give it a go at EGX if it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Me neither.

It seemed to have all the subtle nuances of a game of Hungry Hippos.
                When played by four properly skilled players, Hungry Hippos is a game of real depth and finesse, ...etc.

Comment

I enjoyed the N64 version and adored Melee. Brawl was decent, pretty much packed the content. I don't feel too enthused about this/WiiU entry mainly because it vibes a bit of not offering anything Brawl didn't. Hopefully there's good secrets as the default stage/fighter line up looks a bit meh

Comment

There are some good characters but far too many repeats for me. Sure, they may have different movesets but I don't think there should be two Links in there or two Samus Arans. An even greater diversity in characters would have been appreciated.

Comment

There's a fair few more to add to that character select screen.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS is set to be released in Japan this Friday, but a select few have already gotten their hands on a retail copy. With live streams running throughout the night and more this morning, all secret characters ...

Comment

Oh, so there is. Some good ones too.

Comment

I only really liked the N64 game but look forward to trying the demo.

Comment

I used to hate smash bros games but once me and my housemates started playing it loads it eventually makes sense. it's nothing like a normal fighting game and more like a complex platformer. I was raised on street fighter so I definitely understand when people say it doesn;t click with them.

Comment

Had a good few games with one of the Smash Gaming Club members at school today as apparently some Club Nintendo members also got the demo.

I lost 15-12.

Local multiplayer WITH LAG? Are you kidding me?? We couldn't figure out what was causing it (we didn't rule out the cross-region factor). It affected 30% of our games and was a major annoyance.

Comment

Working...
                              X