No announcement yet.

Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU (full game) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlocked R.O.B. - crazy orders weren't as tough as I initially thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      Using 3DS to play Smash Wii U > Using GamePad to play Smash Wii U

By light years.
      wow! How does that work? Is there an app to download?

Comment

You use a copy of Smash Bros 3DS.

Comment

Ohh! Denied

Comment

I got this game today. It's a lot of fun but I don't get the hype and popularity of this game. It's quite hectic and the control scheme is a bit difficult at first. I'll probably play more, but for now I'm a bit confused as to why people love this game so much.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              Ohh! Denied
              I thought it was a bit crap too. Should just be a free app.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I thought it was a bit crap too. Should just be a free app.
                Agreed, but this is Nintendo we're talking about here - they were always going to look to monetise SSB4 to the maximum.

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                I got this game today. It's a lot of fun but I don't get the hype and popularity of this game. It's quite hectic and the control scheme is a bit difficult at first. I'll probably play more, but for now I'm a bit confused as to why people love this game so much.
                Compared to the more conventional beat-em-ups, the controls are actually pretty simple. That and the immense amount of Nintendo fan-service included in each Smash Bros. game should make it pretty obvious why the franchise is popular.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 02-12-2014, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Compared to the more conventional beat-em-ups, the controls are actually pretty simple. That and the immense amount of Nintendo fan-service included in each Smash Bros. game should make it pretty obvious why the franchise is popular.
                  Well, I just played some more after my initial post and it's actually quite fun. The game can get quite deep considering all the characters have different types of moves. The online mode is great fun as well. Let's see how much time I put into this.

Comment

I think this is the first Smash game that has clicked for me. Finally, I understand the hype and not just because of the wonderful fan service.

I've mostly been playing as Mega Man and Toon Link, although I'm still finding my way around the roster. Had a bit of a chuckle at Ganondorf choking Princess Peach and throwing her against the floor- the screenshot functionality is a great addition and I haven't even looked at Miiverse yet!

Comment

An interview with the creator and director has said he is completely burnt out on the series and doesn't see himself returning again to make one. Obviously if it's selling well still ninty will keep it going. Though I don't personally see where they can go with it after this on.

Comment

They can just add character DLC and new modes. I think SSB is as far as it goes.

Comment

I spent a few hours with the Wii U version today and...it still doesn't click with me. I've played every version of Smash Bros, right the way back to the N64 and I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't play like a tight vs fighting game like Streetfighter and it doesn't play like a particularly good party fighting game like Powerstone 2. The heart is there for sure, I do love the various backgrounds in the new game and some of the assists are great, but it's too sloppy and random a game to enjoy. It's the only Nintendo game that I know of where I feel "meh" about it.

It's a pretty looking game though, I'll give it that.

Comment

I caved and bought the 3DS version, (Have the Wii U version under the tree) I've never played the series before and am quite confused. Is there a good "Guide" or help page somewhere? It seemed a bit chaotic.

Comment

Watch the demo, then go to the solo mode and practice.
                              I would advise you to turn off the "up" jump unless you like that control, I can't get used to it.

Basically, you have 2 attack buttons - Attack; Special. Use these in combination with Up, Down, Left/Right, or alone to execute different moves. If you move the stick in the direction and hit the attack button at the same time, you'll do a Smash attack, which is stronger than a regular (and many special) attack.
                              Knock the enemy off the screen to take them out.
                              There are buttons for Shield and Grab as well.

That covers the real basics.

Comment

I really don't get how people can't like Smash. I can only assume those people don't understand the systems, have nobody to play offline with or have no dexterity!

These games are every bit as intricate as a fighting game at the core, it is only when you introduce silly stages and item RNG that the game is knocked down a few pegs and seems far more of a "party" game.

Either way, if Smash didn't click with you the first three games there's no particular reason why this one would.

Comment

Working...
                                X