Forza horizon 2 xbox one review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza horizon 2 xbox one review

Kids in bed, xbox on, five minutes in and the installs at 6% so first impressions hmmm yeah loading bars blue, will update when I've had chance to play it which at this rate will be about two hours from now.

Interesting fact Namco owns the patent on playing games in loading screens so I'm blaming them for my Bordem, I read that somewhere it may of even been here.

Update one---

I can plays at 17% installed yay

Game is awesome that is all
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Mine took ages to install.Didnt notice how big the update was.Lovely looking game though and plays really well
    Won't be able to play until Sunday night now so roll on

Comment

I'm 8 hours in. Done a few championships and uncovered about a third of the map.

If you've played the original then you know what to expect as this retains the same vibe. Radio stations, festival hub, speed cameras, barn finds etc... That's all exactly the same.

What has changed is each location hub now has multiple championships based on car selection. So driving to say Nice in France you'll do one set of races but there's actually several others for you to compete when you return there. They're all listed out much like in Forza 5.

The next biggest difference is the graphics. Haven't seen anything of the 360 version but quite frankly this is gorgeous. Especially the weather. The rain is excellent and the way it puddles on the ground and affects handling is spot on.

Lastly the amount of open world freedom is more noticeable new. You've massive open field you can go muck around in and races will in fact happily let you cut corners in places and take you off road. That feels better to me as the original was definitively restrictive but equally I'll say those few cross country races I've done we're merely ok... Maybe they're a bit to open.

Comment

I'm still early but finding they've nailed the more open world racing. Festival wise I wish they'd stop mentioning it, still a super cheesy crutch for the set up. Also, why the hell is Sean Maguire in the game? Throws me right off.

Overall though, don't feel like the game has mis-stepped yet with anything. Loving it, will get more play tomorrow though, main hope is that it doesn't get samey long term

Comment

There is a main hub in the Xbox one version, the same as the original.
          I've been massively enjoying this, particularly going off road and hurtling through forests, the speed is insane

Comment

Is this game constantly online?why I ask,I was doing a good chain link and some cock was driving towards me and then deliberately swerved and hit me head on losing my score

Comment

It's typically solo but 'connected' as standard just so it can check friend stats and import Drivatars. I've already had Charles's drivatar start showing up again to cause mischief I did one Online Championship though, seemed solid enough

Comment

Did notice a few members driving around such as Boris,Charles,Hartley Hare and a few others but they were driving within the law

Comment

Adored the original, highly subjective question of course but is this worth picking up a one for? (I no longer have a 360...)

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                    Adored the original, highly subjective question of course but is this worth picking up a one for? (I no longer have a 360...)
                    I'd say yey

Comment

Does it have the same grind issues at Forza 4?

Comment

Bought it today. Played about 2 hours. It's okay. I'm with Martin in that it doesn't feel as characterful as the first. Just lacking a little spark.

Weather is nice. The lighting hitting puddles is rather pretty.

Don't like the majority of the soundtrack.

According to the festival organiser there's "no AI" as it's all Drivetars, right? Which learn from how real people have played previous games along with this one, right?

How can a friend of mine who owns Xbox but has never played a Forza game have a Drivetars? Is it just auto-populating AI racers with names from your friends list?

Comment

I god damn love this game, honestly the presentation is absolutely spot on.
                          Car clubs with a 1000 memebers, Horizon Promo giving you the chance to snap every car you see drive past you, online road trips, online freeroam, car meets and the map size it's the complete package. Looking at my stats overall completion says 8.8% with 7 h 55 driven, single player 22% towards horizon finale. So getting this game to 100% is going to take some time.

Loving the bucket lists too, Bucket List #10 (Rally a Lancia Delta S4 through a forest at night) was a challenge and a half, have now fully completed the first one list, now moving onto the second.

Not a micro-transaction in sight and everything so far seems achievable by just playing the game, the way it should always be.

If anyone has snapped pictures, uploaded them and wants to view them online, just goto http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/gallery/ and sign in.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Bought it today. Played about 2 hours. It's okay. I'm with Martin in that it doesn't feel as characterful as the first. Just lacking a little spark.

Weather is nice. The lighting hitting puddles is rather pretty.

Don't like the majority of the soundtrack.

According to the festival organiser there's "no AI" as it's all Drivetars, right? Which learn from how real people have played previous games along with this one, right?

How can a friend of mine who owns Xbox but has never played a Forza game have a Drivetars? Is it just auto-populating AI racers with names from your friends list?
                            Drivitars is a lie and always has been. Load of rubbish.

Any One players, how is the handling with assists off? Especially in 350bhp plus rwd cars?
                            I hope Playground haven't dumbed the handling down like Sumo.

Comment

Really enjoying this great to look at, arcadey handling, and the overall package is ace. I have got a sound bug where you can't here the voiceovers or satnav, a quick google fixed this all you need to do is a hard reset and then go into the display settings and change it from hdmi to auto.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 04-10-2014, 15:56.

Comment

Working...
                              X