Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with an 8!? To me that's great

Comment

I've been playing the Xbox One version the last two weeks and love it. I'm near the end now but haven't seen many bugs. I have seen two floating guns and had an issue when the game wouldn't load past the title screen until I did a hard reset but overall it's very stable. Great game but easy to get lost at times.

Comment

I think getting lost only adds to the tension. On several occasions I've made my way to the wrong end of the map!

Comment

anyone here who actually completed this game? i really try to like it for its great atmosphere and immersion but the inconsistent stealth gameplay mechanics combined with the lack of savepoints really suck every fun out of it. i am playing on easy now but still the Alien sees and hears me when it's not supposed to and vice versa. i am stuck at the medbay to retrieve a stupid medpack (of which i have plenty already) and the monster apparently is scripted to see me after a fire explosion. any tips for me how to make progress?

Comment

Are you on the sixth level? If so, there is a way of avoiding the explosion, so you reach the room you have to get to - which, thankfully, has a save point. It was so long ago, I can't remember how I did it - but this walkthrough seems to sum it up:

Hope that helps. Still haven't finished it - stuck on Level 14 and haven't played for a few weeks. Like you, have found that it's a hard game to actually enjoy playing, as almost every level has several 'you are going to die lots of times trying to work this out' moments. And that's on Easy and with a walkthrough......(as I resorted to on a few occasions!)

Comment

thanks Tony, i will check it out when i get back to the game eventually. but like you i am currently not in the mood to invest in more playtime, especially since nearly every review states the second half of the game is worse than the first.

Comment

I completed this on PS4 when it first came out. Noticed it had arrived on Xbox Game Pass the other day so thought I’d revisit it.

Damn, it’s good. The sound, the lightning. The whole atmosphere. Captures the feel of the first film so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post

Damn, it’s good. The sound, the lightning. The whole atmosphere. Captures the feel of the first film so well.
                  Spot on. The lighting is amazing and the setting and atmosphere just wonderful and so well done (even love the filter effect on the fox logo) Just a shame it's so bloody hard and no XBox One X patch or Sony VR patch.

Comment

I'd love to play this in VR. I'd like to play it again because I don't think I gave it the attention it deserves. It's an excellent game.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Just a shame it's so bloody hard...
                      Yeah, it can be hard but the difficulty works for me in this game (I’m playing on normal). Knowing that I could lose a big chunk of progress really ramps up the tension. When do I break cover? Do I explore or head straight to the nearest save point? Real sense of risk vs reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        I'd love to play this in VR. I'd like to play it again because I don't think I gave it the attention it deserves. It's an excellent game.
                        This in VR would be fantastic. I’d have to buy continence pants before playing it though.

Comment

This in VR would be fantastic. I’d have to buy continence pants before playing it though.
                          There's a VR patch for the PC version. It's a little ropey, but it gets the job done.

Comment

Another victim of the "to play" pile. :/

Comment

Yeah, it can be hard but the difficulty works for me in this game (I’m playing on normal). Knowing that I could lose a big chunk of progress really ramps up the tension. When do I break cover? Do I explore or head straight to the nearest save point? Real sense of risk vs reward.
                              I don't mind hard games, but not this hard so early in.

Comment

This game just frustrated me. I quit not long after the androids started coming after me, which is pretty much at the start of the game. I had no patience for waiting (I can do that at a bus stop), found guys would just appear behind me (maybe I hadn’t spent enough time learning patterns) and really just wanted to explore when the game was punishing me for doing so. It looks gorgeous and has so much of the movie’s atmosphere but even Ripley could walk around without some guys just coming at her every step. I died a few times in a row, had to repeat chunks which I didn’t find all that fun the first time around and gave up.

If they add a mode where they replace the enemies with puppies and I can rub their tummies, I’ll definitely come back to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X