DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    How the hell you guys get the times you do confuses the hell out of me. Can I claim there's 50Hz compensation acting in your favour?
    I get bounced around all over the track all the damn time and end up with crappy times like this one:

I would appreciate some pointers as to where I'm going wrong (apart from "playing racing games" which is true but unhelpful).
    simply practice.. all cars handle differently so you need get use to the feel of them. I also glance at the mini map in the corner to prepare for any braking for sharper corners. Once you learn the tracks you wont need it tho.

Comment

Yeah but the frustration of failing the same challenge over and over removes all the fun from gaming.

Comment

I think with Drive Club its mostly a case of learning how far you can push the handling. It's really an arcade feeling racer when it comes down to it, but when you first start playing it's all too easy to play it like a sim, and over compensate with braking and apexes.

Once you realise you can literally fling the cars into corners and push it, it really comes to life. The handling has to be the most enjoyable I've experienced in years.

Unfortunately due to the massive number of tracks that are all only slightly different, I haven't fully mastered any of them yet, it's all down to enjoying the handling so far. Games like Initial D or Sega Rally, with a minimal number of tracks that demand repetition, are much easier to pump hours into particular tracks. I find DriveClub slightly overwhelming on the track side of things.
        Last edited by dave heats; 25-12-2014, 09:56.

Comment

Had a pretty frustrating day of this today, with alot of the old bugbears coming back to me. Ridiculous AI going either impossibly fast or idiotically slow and blocking the racing line/narrow road, and fishtailing with the slightest of contact. Restarting a stage race 10 times because of cars nailing you at 95% completion is just not fun.

I have such a love / hate relationship with this game at times, I find it fascinating.

Comment

Hahaha, I bought this today as you were getting my hyped for it Dave, now you're back to dissing it!

I suppose I'll find out for myself Saturday when it arrives.

Comment

Haha! No I do really enjoy it chief, you'll get plenty of fun out of it. Its just occasionally a gear grinder! Keep us posted with your impressions when you get it. I'll keep the dissing to a minimum

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Hahaha, I bought this today as you were getting my hyped for it Dave, now you're back to dissing it!

I suppose I'll find out for myself Saturday when it arrives.
                The racing is arse, the drift challenges are awesome, the time trials sit inbetween.

Comment

i take it this game is unplayable while psn is down?

Comment

Tempted by this at ?24... Not a big guy for sim racers, just like arcade style fun- will this be for me?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      Tempted by this at ?24... Not a big guy for sim racers, just like arcade style fun- will this be for me?
                      The front end and presentation is way too basic for an arcade racer. Unless the update has transformed it into sega rally.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                        i take it this game is unplayable while psn is down?
                        Playable offline, but you won't have access to online challenges, and can't contribute to your club.

Comment

Oh sweet, i can live with that, all the challenge notification spam winds me right up anyway

Comment

I haven't played in a couple of weeks as I'm away on holiday, but how are my fellow teammates on BD1 doing? Got myself a steering wheel for christmas so I'm looking forward to testing it the coming weeks.

Comment

Got this earlier, new for ?23, was worth a punt. Can't get access to all the free content thought because PSN isn't working properly

Can I have an invite to a club please?

Comment

Got this today as well. Been playing on my projection set up, which is an experience and a half, my god it's unbelievably stunning at times. With the 7.1 headset 2.0 on I've been totally sucked in. The one slight irk is the way the game AI will do anything in its power to stick to the racing line at times, but other than that I've been absolutely loving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X