No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realise it was free but I didn't know how much the PS Plus version was 'gimped' compared to the full game. It's a DEMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
      At least there is no driving line to be obscured by the glare!
      Ha, don't think you could name one game where the driving line can't be turned off though....

Comment

I can see why the demo wasn't put out on release as this game is awful, top to bottom.

Comment

Japanese cars yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
            I didn't find any fun at all in this game. Fortunately it was a cheap used copy, so I didn't lose much when I traded it back in. Looks nice, plays crap.
            Sadly true, although I did enjoy a bit of the drifting.

Comment

The latest DLC has the '15 GTR and a 370Z.

Comment

I think these few words over on Eurogamer sum DriveClub up

Aside from looking pretty it hardly does anything new or unique.
                It's a solid but unremarkable game.

Comment

Really confused by this game, bought the disk, only 4 tours are available. Have the rest of the tours that have been added via download, then kept behind a paywall?
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-09-2015, 21:37.

Comment

Basically, yes. You need the season pass. The tours already available is plenty of game though. For ?30 you can get the game and season pass though so not too bad.

Comment

I see you can now buy a Bikes add-on for the game. ?11.99 (or ?15.99 as a standalone). I wonder how they handle...

Comment

Tried the Bikes add on yesterday and really enjoyed it. Really gets the sense of speed across when your playing and adds a new dimension to the game. I've still got loads to play in this game as I'm only about 20% through all the season pass content.

The bikes feel quite arcadey I would say (I've only played the default bike so far there's 12 bikes in total I think), which is fine for me as I don't like sim heavy games.

Comment

They just demoed a 60fps VR version at that Paris show.

Comment

"Sony's Shuhei Yoshida*tweeted*Evolution's Paul Rustchynsky, saying that "you need to explain the game runs at 60fps but gets converted to 120fps with reprojection before sent to the VR headset".

So what does that actually mean? Digital Foundry's Rich Leadbetter explains:

DriveClub is rendering at a smooth 60fps, but the output is essentially 'upscaled' to 120fps on transmission to the VR headset. Those additional, interpolated frames are calculated based on updated sensor information supplied by the PlayStation VR headset. In effect, the game itself is running at 60fps, but the sense of movement and response looks and feels twice as smooth.It's a technique used by all the major VR solutions, where it's commonly referred to as 'asynchronous time-warp'. In fact, applying reprojection to all frames - not just the interpolated ones - is common too, as it ensures that the very latest positional tracking data is applied to every image beamed to the headset."

Comment

Seems odd that the normal version only runs at 30fps, yet the vr version is running at 60, then upscaled to 120. Is this extra fps in the vr version due to some extra grunt in the headset itself. I've found the game highly enjoyable, until you get to the ultra clases where the handling falls apart at high speeds due to 30fps.

Comment

Reduced fidelity and number of cars allowed for 60fps.

Comment

Working...
                                X