No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded the bikes. 2Gb update (V1.24). Played for a while and unlocked the Kawasaki. Still not too keen on the darkness of some tracks. Handling was a little odd at time, but acceptable.

I was looking through the garage and noticed some Lamborghinis giving double points for some things. Haven't played in a while.

Comment

I had a good go with the bikes today handle quite well get nice sense of speed. Only got the base two so far. Really enjoyed the brake no events and wheelies. Races feels more open than the car ones and less rubber banding so far.

Comment

The Season Pass is on sale for ?5.00 at the moment. Fantastic value for anyone who doesn't already have it (I didn't). Got me playing the game again. Great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
          The Season Pass is on sale for ?5.00 at the moment. Fantastic value for anyone who doesn't already have it (I didn't). Got me playing the game again. Great fun.
          Nice

Comment

Is this playing any better these days? It's going on sale Friday for $20 and I'm a little tempted to rebuy.

Comment

It is. So much better than when it first launched.

Comment

Another update today. New levels to unlock. Looks a fairly comprehensive update.

Comment

I've got back into this since the December update, mainly thanks to the addition of an easy mode!

I'd previously got quite a way through the game, unlocking all but eight of the trophies in the main game, but found the latter tours and almost all of the DLC too difficult - especially any of the Super/Hyper races, which were like skating on ice.

If anyone got to this point, and got frustrated with the difficulty/AI, then I'd definitely recommend having another crack. If you choose to play on easy, rather than what's now called 'standard' mode, all the objectives for the gold stars are made easier - but you only get silver stars if you play this way. It means you can unlock lots more events, gaining selected trophies in the meantime, and you still increase your Driver Level as well. The difficulty still presents a challenge, although it is definitely easier than playing on standard mode.

The developers were obviously keen to ensure they didn't annoy those gifted enough to complete the game originally - to unlock the trophies for winning the tours on the main game, and the 'get all stars' on the various DLCs, you still have to do this in hard mode.

I've been playing quite a bit over the weekend, and I reckon I've got weeks worth of content to get through, even if I never attempt to get any of the gold trophies - although I'm hoping I get slightly better at the game this way, good enough to maybe unlock some of the harder trophies!

Comment

Easy mode sounds good. This is $15 on PSN now...hm.

Comment

An absolute steal, especially if you can get a cheap season pass at some point as well.

Comment

Ah, it's even worse: $19.99 for the full game and season pass.

Comment

Get it now! That's a bargain!!

Comment

I realise this is probably a stupid question, but does the season pass give you all the DLC including bikes?

Comment

No bikes for me (US season pass). Stand-alone at $14.90 or something.

Comment

But all the other liveries and vehicles are included?

Comment

Working...
                                X