No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really disappointed by the review scores on this as I wanted a new PS4 game, but based on the feedback on here I threw caution to the wind and bought it. I have to say i'm glad I did as I have really been enjoying it.

It fits my gaming lifestyle brilliantly. I only get time to game in short bursts these days so the more straight up arcade racer element suits me fine. As others have said the sense of speed is fantastic, its made me physically wince on more than one occasion.

It is disappointing that the online element is totally broken. I think more so given the fact its all they banged on about since it got delayed.

Hopefully that will all get ironed out soon enough. I also hope the dynamic weather patch doesn't get delayed as that looks really cool.

Comment

Still don't seem to be able to connect to even browse clubs to join. A bit frustrating.

Comment

Ne0star, glad you're enjoying it too mate, and pleased to hear not everyone has been put off by the reviews out there. It really is a marmite game though for sure. It's just hit a nerve with me and really clicked, hence why I've battered it since Friday, but I can also see how others would hate it, due to the various negative points mentioned already in this thread.

I am starting to lose patience regarding the online side of things however. It's bordering on the pathetic now if it's still not working this evening.

Comment

plenty to dislike. I will try to think of something I like with the game.

Lighting. The move from tunnel to sunshine is perfect. The low setting sun and dim conditions are similarly insanely good.

Other than that it's an average game. Reminds how much I loved Sega Rally revo, light years ahead of this poop.

Comment

I booted up just a little while ago and was online right away (a first!), but I don't know how long it will last as there will be a scheduled maintenance from 19.00 to 02.00 (I guess 6pm-1pm GMT).

Comment

I'm done with even trying now, will just wait until they confirm they've sorted themselves out and got it working. It's a total embarassment at the moment, connecting, wait 60 seconds to join the lobby, and only then it tells you that no lobby even exists. Truly pathetic state of affairs to not have this working at all yet.

Which leaves me with nothing to actually do in this game, 3 days after it came out. Insane.

Comment

Update 90 minutes ago, surely getting online should be the first priority?!

Last edited by VR46; 13-10-2014, 21:58.

Comment

I'm in the club! Although got immediately booted out of online. If I race offline now presumably my points don't count towards the club total? If so, that sucks.

Comment

Nice one! Yeah you need to be online and connected to their tinpot server for the points to be contributed to the club. However, Rushy did mention that they might consider some way of having your points added to your club due to the servers not working.

If that happens, I imagine we would level up about 30 levels!

Comment

News just in, final star now earned in DriveClub, meaning i have all 225 stars and officially nothing to do in this anymore!

The ironic thing is, once you get all the stars, it recommends doing some challenges and multiplayer. I WISH.

Comment

Heh, congrats :P

Well, you have all the accolades to max out, haha.

Comment

Blimey Dave, that's impressive - now then, can you channel that expertise somehow and enable them to fix the online part? ����

Comment

haha, I wish. I gave it a blast last night, and it's pretty infuriating whether its working or not.

Annoying when it isn't, as the server seems to boot you out of lobbies seconds before the race starts, can't find any games at all, or just shows you an error message and takes you back to the home screen without warning.
                            And annoying when it does work, because it's basically Destruction Derby Online. If you can survive the first corner without being spun out or smashed, you win the race.

In fact, unless there are numerous other online modes in this, it's a pretty pathetic offering. 6 randomly generated lobbies to join, of other normal or team based races? Is that going to be it? I know there's Challenges...whatever they are....but currently the lobby system in this is pathetically outdated.

I think a lot of people, including myself, are going to be fairly disappointed to discover the half finished flavour of this game most likely extends to the online side of things too...Hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Seems to have been a lack in updates from Rushy and the team since the weekend - unless I've missed them of course.

Comment

There was this one at about 10pm last night on the DC facebook.

After more successful upgrades and updates to the servers today, performance continues to improve and more of you will be able to play online together.

We're still working, and will be around the clock, to keep improving social connectivity and online play, and we are pleased to say we have also added in friendly leaderboards now.

We will have info about more updates to the game and the servers soon. In the mean time, while this work continues, we are also paying attention to all of the feedback and comments you're sharing with us too - so please keep sharing so that we can keep improving the game and giving you more to play for.

Comment

Working...
                                X