Gregory Horror Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Square
    Is anybody here playing the Japanese release, and if so how large a barrier is the language?
    Huge - unless you're fully versed, you'll end up just picking up everything and then using it in rotation with every character. Not exactly the idea of the game...

Comment

Pah!

Comment

Ooh, I just bought it but I won't have time to play it until next week.
        Still, I hope it's good, I loved the Bombers' notebook tasks in Majora more than the dungeons at times.
        And as for the Game bashing, I have to say, Game had several copies on the shelf, for ?20, and the guy was pretty knowledgeable moreso than in nearby Gamestation or Chips.

Comment

ive never heard of this game, ifits like biohazard then im defintley interested! but what console is it on? no doubt ps2! ft: out of all the machines i have i dont have a pal ps2! please be on xbox!

Comment

Sorry 112, PS2 it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 112
              ive never heard of this game, ifits like biohazard then im defintley interested! but what console is it on? no doubt ps2! ft: out of all the machines i have i dont have a pal ps2! please be on xbox!
              Pleeeeeease tell me you're being ironic... just because it's by Capcom and features the word Horror in the title, does that mean it has to be like Biohazard by law?

Comment

well im jus goin on what ive read in this thread m8. Some one saidits a cross between biohazard an some other game. looks like ill hafta import the jap one then..........

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                  well im jus goin on what ive read in this thread m8. Some one saidits a cross between biohazard an some other game. looks like ill hafta import the jap one then..........

it's crap all like resident evil.

You wander round trying to trick people into giving up their lost souls and you do this by observing what they do in their daily routine and taking advantage of it.

And stuff.

it's brill.

Comment

I've only put in a few hours so far, but I am loving it. Visually is it absolutely superb, very original.

Also, the whole style of play is so different to anything else I have ever played, and the sense of dread when
                    Originally posted by spoiler
                    Nurse Catherine spots you and gives chase with that giant syringe
                    is huge.

I have a feeling that this will be one of those games that keeps me up until 3 or 4 in the morning without realising it.

Comment

My copy of this arrived this morning

However given my current pile of games still to play I expect it make it into the PS2 probably some time in March hehe!

Will resurrect this thread from the dead then!

Darn Q4 releases...must have now...need more time to play

Comment

Got this for Christmas and played it over the period. An excellent game, IMO and the best thing Capcom has ever done with its RE engine.

I was relieved to discover the game had a sensible control method but was immediately captivated by the style.

Gregory is basically a survival horror game on mushrooms, and all the better for it. The variety of chracters you encounter in the hotel is great, and they all have their differnet personalities, traits and techniques.

I really loved the non-combat ethic and having to eavesdrop on guests to work out how to steal their souls. I reccomend this game highly.

Comment

Was this released in France? Is there Euro language options, so I can pick english?

Damn I hate living on the this freakin continent.

Viewtiful hasnt been stocked in any of these damned shops. Im sure its been released, I saw ads.

Plus Pop and BG+E is still at full price of 60 euros where I live.

Im eager to pick this up, since it seems so cheap.
                          Does it have 4 euro langauges in it?
                          Or it a case of visiting the for sale board again?

Also, how long is this game? Im so busy right now, I hope its not a 40+ epic, a nice 10-15 hour game would really suit me now.

Comment

It's got Euro languages. I did it in 6hrs, but suspect I need to replay to get a different ending...

Comment

6hrs?!
                              I've been playing it for about 6hrs so far and I'm only half-way through the game. The characters are wonderfully unhinged, the doll-girl is giving me problems atm. I wish more games could be this simple.

Comment

I'm on the 4th night with 4 hours clocked. I've only been playing it in short bursts, get a soul, save...play something else. Not that it's a bad game or anything, but sometimes I look at the map and see about 7 hotel guests who want to get me, and I can't face hiding in my room for time to pass so that I can venture out to go and collect the last couple of souls on my card.

anyway...

How cool is Judgement Boy?

Do you know my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X