Gregory Horror Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement Boy pwns!

This really is a superb game, though. My sister and I played it non-stop over Christmas.

I really like the way you have to plan your way around the hotel as the guests turn against you.

The only ones that gave me any grief were the chef (because he's FAST and covers a lot of the map), and Catherine (who also covers a large portion of the map).

I never got caught by Mummy Dog or Mummy Papa once. They were too slow.

A nod must also go to the voice acting, which is spot on. Why can't all English dubbed games be this good?

Comment

Doesn't anybody think the english voice acting sucks? The voices really crippled the game for me, and I took it back to the shop. It's a shame because I could tell I would really love the game if it was in Japanese with english subtitles, or just no voice acting at all.

Was there a way of turning the voices off without turning the sound off? If it turns out there was and I just couldn't find it, me = gutted.

Comment

The voice acting is alright. As good as can be expected really. The one thing about the game that irks me slightly is that the camera is fixed in certain places and controllable in others. Which can be a pain when you're running for dear life trying to get back to your room.

Comment

I thought the voice acting was good and really suited the characters. Having them speak in Japanese wouldn't be right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by stroppa
            The voice acting is alright. As good as can be expected really. The one thing about the game that irks me slightly is that the camera is fixed in certain places and controllable in others. Which can be a pain when you're running for dear life trying to get back to your room.
            Tell me about it - "Where is the stairs? Where are the goddamn stairs!!"

*Cue me getting shot up by the cowboy guy and I find out it's time for my bloodtest *

Voice acting is fantastic although I wonder about Death's accent sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by JammyD
              Tell me about it - "Where is the stairs? Where are the goddamn stairs!!"
              Use the map...

Comment

But it's so dark! Try turning a tight corner with the cowboy guy or roulette boy right behind you - I don't always have eyedrops and speed pills
                I do enjoy the chase sometimes as well. The dining room table is a lifesaver at the mo.

Comment

Voice acting is fantastic although I wonder about Death's accent sometimes
                  Come on now...give it up...

Comment

But it's so dark! Try turning a tight corner with the cowboy guy or roulette boy right behind you - I don't always have eyedrops and speed pills
                    I do enjoy the chase sometimes as well. The dining room table is a lifesaver at the mo.
                    I never used eyedrops beyond trading them towards more useful items. I don't know how you play, but I always check the map to get an idea of where poeple are heading so as to try and avoid them.

Cactus Gunman isn't really too much of a problem during the day and Roulette Boy gives up chasing you very quckly (unlike Catherine who is tenacious).

Ever spied on Gregory when he's alone? What a two faced mofo.

The inclusion of Hell's Roulette as an an unlockable extra was a stroke of genius.

Oh, and has anyone worked out what causes the figurines to appear in your room? I suspect it's from reading whole volumes, but I'm not sure.

Comment

In case anybody hasn't got this yet, it's still in stock at Play.com for only ?18 http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...disc=y&cpage=1

Comment

Actually, ?18 isn't even that cheap - the PAL release is only ?20 list. I paid that in HMV and blagged the Zelda disc at the same time; bargain!

Comment

Yeah, but good luck finding somewhere that stocks it . People expressed trouble finding it when it was released, and that was some time ago. Most shops didn't get any copies in, and the likes of Game only recieved one or two copies per shop.

Sure, it ain't a great saving, but it's only ?18 and it's in stock too.

Comment

Ah, I see your point. Not everyone can just pop into Oxford Street HMV on the off chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                              Ah, I see your point. Not everyone can just pop into Oxford Street HMV on the off chance.
                              yes, there's more to the uk than just london.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf-Life
                                Ooh, I just bought it but I won't have time to play it until next week.
                                Still, I hope it's good, I loved the Bombers' notebook tasks in Majora more than the dungeons at times.
                                And as for the Game bashing, I have to say, Game had several copies on the shelf, for ?20, and the guy was pretty knowledgeable moreso than in nearby Gamestation or Chips.
                                GAME seem to be absolute buggernuts on this.

Me and two others at Gamestation are all clued up and whatnot, and we've managed to sell 3 out of 4 copies of the game. Very proud indeed!

I'm going to buy the last one when I have time/money.

The anime is on Sci-fi I think, or some other channel at a really obscure time, so I've gotta catch that.

Comment

Working...
                                X